MY INAUGURAL LUCID VISIT

BG Thornton

Cars
Mercedes S 500
After nearly 36 months from the first discovery of the brand until finally seeing one on the road, my Thanksgiving holiday began with a visit to the Scottsdale Studio. Ilive in Las Vegas and we do not have a LUCID Studio yet. I am a long time Mercedes S class owner and have been loyal to the MB brand since 2002 when I went to Europe with a buddy to receive his new car. The experience has been good. Then last year, I was selected to do a market study for the Mercedes EQS pre introduction to Las Vegas. I was thrilled to be included and drove the EQS 580 and 420 in October 2021.

In November 2022, I saw a truckload of LUCIDs crossing from Arizona heading west about a month ago. As an architect/interior and industrial designer with many many years of interest in putting things together and making the most sense out of good design this was a natural move for me. The LUCID has not only caught my attention, but its design story titillates every design circuit have. I was last excited as a young designer with the introduction of Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti vehicles in the 90's. I ended up owning 2 Infinitis. I not only know what to look for in an introduction, but an avid proponent of electric vehicles and the whole house charging process.

When I entered the Scottsdale parking garage in my 2016 S550 {Turo lease} I nearly crashed when I saw 2 LUCID Air's parked charging...I literally forgot to put my car in park jumping out! It was the euphoria experienced as a kid on Christmas morning seeing that Santa listened and like Billie Eilish, I Got Everything I Wanted! Greeted in the Studio, I was most impressed with the environment setting the stage for my first sit, driver seat impressions, etc. More about that later. I am now awaiting my first drive and have been registered for Las Vegas in 2023. After that, I will move to determine which model makes sense for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.09.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.09.20 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.09.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.09.41 AM.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.11.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.11.49 AM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 152
After nearly 36 months from the first discovery of the brand until finally seeing one on the road, my Thanksgiving holiday began with a visit to the Scottsdale Studio. Ilive in Las Vegas and we do not have a LUCID Studio yet. I am a long time Mercedes S class owner and have been loyal to the MB brand since 2002 when I went to Europe with a buddy to receive his new car. The experience has been good. Then last year, I was selected to do a market study for the Mercedes EQS pre introduction to Las Vegas. I was thrilled to be included and drove the EQS 580 and 420 in October 2021.

In November 2022, I saw a truckload of LUCIDs crossing from Arizona heading west about a month ago. As an architect/interior and industrial designer with many many years of interest in putting things together and making the most sense out of good design this was a natural move for me. The LUCID has not only caught my attention, but its design story titillates every design circuit have. I was last excited as a young designer with the introduction of Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti vehicles in the 90's. I ended up owning 2 Infinitis. I not only know what to look for in an introduction, but an avid proponent of electric vehicles and the whole house charging process.

When I entered the Scottsdale parking garage in my 2016 S550 {Turo lease} I nearly crashed when I saw 2 LUCID Air's parked charging...I literally forgot to put my car in park jumping out! It was the euphoria experienced as a kid on Christmas morning seeing that Santa listened and like Billie Eilish, I Got Everything I Wanted! Greeted in the Studio, I was most impressed with the environment setting the stage for my first sit, driver seat impressions, etc. More about that later. I am now awaiting my first drive and have been registered for Las Vegas in 2023. After that, I will move to determine which model makes sense for me.
So what's your take on the design of the car, particularly the rear quarter panel.

Welcome BG - I am living in LV and looking to connect with new owners. I'm currently awaiting my Touring. I test drove the Grand Touring a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. Best of luck with your trim selection! I think the folks in LV should build a strong community given there is no Studio nor Service Center yet - so we can share localized experiences and learnings.

Back