How many states has your Lucid been to?

I‘ve driven that route by charging to 100% at EA in Amarillo and then at EA in Denton. Reverse would work. There is a level 2 in Childress walking distance to Starbucks if you need just a little extra. 1700 Ave C NW, Childress, TX 79201, USA.
There are 2 Tesla supercharger stations on that route. I look upon the empty stalls in envy as I drive by.
I wonder if I have Level 2 eliminated or something. Thanks for the tip(s)!

I‘ve driven that route by charging to 100% at EA in Amarillo and then at EA in Denton. Reverse would work. There is a level 2 in Childress walking distance to Starbucks if you need just a little extra. 1700 Ave C NW, Childress, TX 79201, USA.
There are 2 Tesla supercharger stations on that route. I look upon the empty stalls in envy as I drive by.

I was at Wichita Falls Cadillac dealer charging, one only stall there. They recommended me to go to Tesla Supercharger station near by. I told them I couldn’t. Couple salesmen came out and marveled at Lucid as they have never seen it.

I wonder if I have Level 2 eliminated or something. Thanks for the tip(s)!
Level-2 is only for overnight hotel charging. Not recommended in during road trip driving hours.

MA, NH, ME, VT, RI, CT, NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, NE, and CO. All but one charging stop at Walmart EA's that were flawless. The lone non-WM EA was at an IN Interstate plaza. Plans for a XC east and will drive through five different states on a more southerly route in the spring. Might get down to NM before going east on the XC. May avoid WV on the eastbound trip as there seem to be no EA stations along or near the shortest route to eastern VA and may go through parts of TN and NC.

Level-2 is only for overnight hotel charging. Not recommended in during road trip driving hours.
Only for overnight. Why “only”? I’ve plugged in while shopping and dinning. A couple hours can get you 18kW. 60–80 miles depending on driving style. On the drive above a stop at Starbucks in Childress having a coffee, sandwich, and doing some email was the difference of getting to Denton at 16% vs 9%. Enough to get to another charger if EA had issues in Denton. Perhaps more important it gave me peace of mind and allowed me to drive without thinking about conservation. I agree level 2 is best for overnight, but it also good for a little boost here and there. Occasionally you can even find a level 2 with 14.4kW, usually a Tesla destination charger, adapter required.

WI, IL, IN, MI, KY, TN, GA, FL. Just 8 states. 9,000 miles since March 2023 delivery. Every mile has been enjoyable. Generally very good EA charging experiences except one location in Tennessee depowered to about 80KW.

Only for overnight. Why “only”? I’ve plugged in while shopping and dinning. A couple hours can get you 18kW. 60–80 miles depending on driving style. On the drive above a stop at Starbucks in Childress having a coffee, sandwich, and doing some email was the difference of getting to Denton at 16% vs 9%. Enough to get to another charger if EA had issues in Denton. Perhaps more important it gave me peace of mind and allowed me to drive without thinking about conservation. I agree level 2 is best for overnight, but it also good for a little boost here and there. Occasionally you can even find a level 2 with 14.4kW, usually a Tesla destination charger, adapter required.

What I mean was long distance road trip Level-2 is just not practical. Now, go stop at mall, or lunch break, any charging is welcomed!

I was at Wichita Falls Cadillac dealer charging, one only stall there. They recommended me to go to Tesla Supercharger station near by. I told them I couldn’t. Couple salesmen came out and marveled at Lucid as they have never seen it.
Is it just at the dealership? Like they let you use it or its a coincidence the charger is by dealership?

Is it just at the dealership? Like they let you use it or its a coincidence the charger is by dealership?

Yes, I charged there at 48kW speed unit, when they closed, they let parking lot open and let me continue to charge. They told me it’s common.

Don't be afraid to charge at dealerships. I've done it a number of times. The Lucid has been well received and staff has always been helpful. I'm sure someone will find an exception at some point, but I've had 100% success so far.

Home is MA and Luci has driven to NH, VT, ME, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC and Quebec. 12k miles in about 1.5 years.

Clocking in at 4,9xx miles. Based in NYC and been to MA, CT, RI, NH, VT, PA, MD, and Ontario.

I've only had the chance to use 1 overnight charger and it's a game changer for travel. I've done the charge of shame a 3-4 times by going to 100% in order to make it to the next EA charger. The experience has a 15% chance of being bad and that's with me traveling predominantly between off-peak hours. But what can I say? I'm cheap af. 😂

I am now leaving Nashville and driving on I 40w towards Memphis. Then little rock As, OK city, Albuquerque, flagstaff, Kingman Bakersfield Fremont. No problem charging so far all the way from DC

I am now leaving Nashville and driving on I 40w towards Memphis. Then little rock As, OK city, Albuquerque, flagstaff, Kingman Bakersfield Fremont. No problem charging so far all the way from DC
Charge in Williams, not Kingman if you have a choice.

So with this week’s trip, I can now add my seventh state to the list. In order of visitation:

Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico.

It’s going to take some work to get to state eight.

I drove from Montreal Canada 3k miles and I will be in fremont CA tomorrow evening. Now in AZ near Flagstaff. Went through NY NJ DE MD VA TN OK AS NM AZ. Next CA. A fantastic drive mostly with HA set at 72mph. No problem charging. Lucid nav took me to the wrong place when I entered the address and in 1 case did not even know of a working EA I saw in plugshare and EA app.

I drove from Montreal Canada 3k miles and I will be in fremont CA tomorrow evening. Now in AZ near Flagstaff. Went through NY NJ DE MD VA TN OK AS NM AZ. Next CA. A fantastic drive mostly with HA set at 72mph. No problem charging. Lucid nav took me to the wrong place when I entered the address and in 1 case did not even know of a working EA I saw in plugshare and EA app.
So it's completely possible to cross the country using only EA...weird I thought it was impossible

So it's completely possible to cross the country using only EA...weird I thought it was impossible

It is. I’ve heard story from Bolts cross county with it. It’s just some YouTubers over bashing it. Yes, EA’s main shortcoming is it only have 4 stalls and sometimes derated, but overall this year, I have no issues getting stranded at EA or waited too long. Lucid Air’s range render great option to skip stations.

I did DC and Virginia to Utah which is only 2 states away from coast to coast, and I did that last November remember?

Back