How many states has your Lucid been to?

Only VA & NC for me.

I won't cheat and count the states it passed through on the delivery truck! šŸ˜

KS, which is home, CO where I picked it up, OK and TX. It's a lot harder for us west of the Mississippi River.

25 and Canada entered at Niagara and exited at Detroit.

Ca, Nv, Ut, Az, Co, NM, Tx, Ok, LA, AR, Ms, Al, Ga, Fl, Sc, Nc, Tn, Ky, Oh, Mi, Va, Wv, Md, Pa, Ny

25 + Ontario province of Canada

Just realized with this latest road trip to Las Vegas, my Lucid has now been to six states.

Colorado is home.

Utah, Arizona, Nevada this past weekend.

Wyoming and Montana on a previous trip.

Iā€™m sure plenty of people can top me. So whereā€™s your car been?
Oregon to Minnesota via WA, ID, MT, SD then up into MN , I do this as a round trip 3x a year. Then there is Portland to Ca then continuing to Arizona and back, also 3x a year. Trips are usually at 70-75 mph and 80 in select areas. Since march , my mi/kw is 3.7 , Iā€™m going to TRY to hold it to 65 going down and back to San Jose Ca next week, see if I canā€™t get it in to the 4ā€™s ( mi/kw).

KS, which is home, CO where I picked it up, OK and TX. It's a lot harder for us west of the Mississippi River.

And there are certain states (Nebraska, anyone) where you have to work at it to find anywhere worthwhile to go. Maybe the SAC museum, but you have to go through a whole lot of nothin' to get there.

I will let you know by Thanksgiving how many states. So far CA NV UT CO NE IA IL Mi Ontario Canada.
Plan Quebec Canada, VT NH MA RI CT NY NJ DE MD VA TN AK NM TX AZ

Attachments

• IMG-20231005-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20231005-WA0006.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 45
Airiana is based in CA has now driven 26k miles, visiting 29 states and DC: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, WV, OH, KY, TN, MO, AR

and she has made full use of the Electrify America stations along the way! Does she win?

Last edited:
Airiana is based in CA has now driven 26k miles, visiting 29 states and DC: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, WV, OH, KY, TN, MO, AR

and she has made full use of the Electrify America stations along the way! Does she win?
looks like you're on top for now - congrats! and i'm jealous! whats your take on EA nation wide? i seemed to have pretty good results in VA and down through TN, but our 1 station here in memphis has been offline for 5 or 6 months ("due to weather!" lol), so i generally just charge at home.

looks like you're on top for now - congrats! and i'm jealous! whats your take on EA nation wide? i seemed to have pretty good results in VA and down through TN, but our 1 station here in memphis has been offline for 5 or 6 months ("due to weather!" lol), so i generally just charge at home.
They worked for the most part. I had an EA in Lordsburg NM that only had one plug, not station, but plug working and I was stuck there for over 2 hours waiting for someone to finish and for me to charge (no other charger for 50 miles in either direction. My hotel in Lordsburg had an ā€œplugā€ supposedly, for ocernight charging but it was some strange plug that my mobile charger could not use, so I had to use that EA station a mile away in 120 degree heat and no amenities at the stations spot. Another station in Austin TX that was a big problem but I also had my fastest charging in that state as well. I actually had a problem in Northern VA where I could only get about 20 kW on a 350 kW charger. Gave up and went to another station further away from our hotel there. VT is not the ā€œgreenā€ state as it has a severe lack of charging, ditto for Maine and NH, unless you are in a city. Then there was the issue of plug and play. Three times at three different stations, it Needed to be activated through the Lucid App. Howerver, the Lucid App thought I was at the last station I had visited and I could not activate the charger. Each took calling Lucid and EA and an extra 30-40 minutes at the station. That was an issue in Austin, in addition to EA being unable to remote start any of the stations except for one. had to keep moving the car and trying them one by one

thanks for the update! i've noticed on a recent trip that i had to use the app as well - though it worked fine once i realized that.

They worked for the most part. I had an EA in Lordsburg NM that only had one plug, not station, but plug working and I was stuck there for over 2 hours waiting for someone to finish and for me to charge (no other charger for 50 miles in either direction. My hotel in Lordsburg had an ā€œplugā€ supposedly, for ocernight charging but it was some strange plug that my mobile charger could not use, so I had to use that EA station a mile away in 120 degree heat and no amenities at the stations spot. Another station in Austin TX that was a big problem but I also had my fastest charging in that state as well. I actually had a problem in Northern VA where I could only get about 20 kW on a 350 kW charger. Gave up and went to another station further away from our hotel there. VT is not the ā€œgreenā€ state as it has a severe lack of charging, ditto for Maine and NH, unless you are in a city. Then there was the issue of plug and play. Three times at three different stations, it Needed to be activated through the Lucid App. Howerver, the Lucid App thought I was at the last station I had visited and I could not activate the charger. Each took calling Lucid and EA and an extra 30-40 minutes at the station. That was an issue in Austin, in addition to EA being unable to remote start any of the stations except for one. had to keep moving the car and trying them one by one

I was at Lordsburg, NW in January driving back R1S. I had a great session. But at night, alone, I feel the place is deserted and not as safe. I was also wondering back then if you pays EA, would the charging curve gets better than if you use free EA. Rivian has no free EA. Just weird thought back then.

I am going to complete my Coast to Coast trip CA to Canada and back. Win or not, mine will the first Pure AWD to do this. The planned route is Montreal, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, TN, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA. I will be driving from Montreal tomorrow morning planning to reach CA on Nov 27th or 28th. On the way to Canada in July the ambient temp was 90 to 115. Now it will be 27 to 55. It will be interesting to see what I get compared to 4 miles per kWh in hot weather at 70mph HA, AC set to 75F fan speed 8. I will try heat set to 66 seat warmer on when I leave Montreal and see how much the degradation is at 70mph HA. Tomorrow night I plan to come back to DC 640 miles in 1 day door to door with potential charge stops at EA. Any cold weather driving trips and experience from those in this area? BTW, mine has 2.1.42 installed. I am now in DC and I will be flying to Montral tomorrow landing at 7:45am and driving back at about 9am to DC.

I am going to complete my Coast to Coast trip CA to Canada and back. Win or not, mine will the first Pure AWD to do this. The planned route is Montreal, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, TN, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA. I will be driving from Montreal tomorrow morning planning to reach CA on Nov 27th or 28th. On the way to Canada in July the ambient temp was 90 to 115. Now it will be 27 to 55. It will be interesting to see what I get compared to 4 miles per kWh in hot weather at 70mph HA, AC set to 75F fan speed 8. I will try heat set to 66 seat warmer on when I leave Montreal and see how much the degradation is at 70mph HA. Tomorrow night I plan to come back to DC 640 miles in 1 day door to door with potential charge stops at EA. Any cold weather driving trips and experience from those in this area? BTW, mine has 2.1.42 installed. I am now in DC and I will be flying to Montral tomorrow landing at 7:45am and driving back at about 9am to DC.

You should create a journey these for your trip, I will be anxious to read your stats. Iā€™ve driven CA to TX and confident of EA in between. I donā€™t know about NE of the states.

You should create a journey these for your trip, I will be anxious to read your stats. Iā€™ve driven CA to TX and confident of EA in between. I donā€™t know about NE of the states.
What's your route? I got ABRP and Plugshare and have been trying to plot out Dallas to Santa Fe and west TX is brutal for charging.

What's your route? I got ABRP and Plugshare and have been trying to plot out Dallas to Santa Fe and west TX is brutal for charging.
Your safer bet is Denton to Oklahoma City then I-40 to Santa Fe, NM with EA chargers. But if you are adventurous like me with GT, I took it to Wichita Falls to Amarillo, there are only 2 DCFC stalls in between that stretch, one at Wichita and one at Frederick.

When 2025 TSCN open up to NACS, no need to plan in PlugShare.

Iā€˜ve driven that route by charging to 100% at EA in Amarillo and then at EA in Denton. Reverse would work. There is a level 2 in Childress walking distance to Starbucks if you need just a little extra. 1700 Ave C NW, Childress, TX 79201, USA.
There are 2 Tesla supercharger stations on that route. I look upon the empty stalls in envy as I drive by.

Back