Multiple cars on the same mobile key

dsprnting1

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Sorry if this has already been discussed. We have 2 Airs in the household...is it possible to have my mobile key synced across both cars?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. We have 2 Airs in the household...is it possible to have my mobile key synced across both cars?
No, but each car can have its own mobile key and you can select which car is the active car from within the app.

Interesting! Is there a thread about how to get my mobile key set up for the 2nd car and how to switch between the two?

Interesting! Is there a thread about how to get my mobile key set up for the 2nd car and how to switch between the two?
No, but perhaps @Bill55 can enlighten us since he has both the DE and the Sapphire, that lucky sunnuva

Once you pair the second car, the place where you named your car becomes a drop down. Once you click that, you can choose between which car. Super-simple and intuitive.
IMG_4058.jpeg

Once you pair the second car, the place where you named your car becomes a drop down. Once you click that, you can choose between which car. Super-simple and intuitive.View attachment 16684
Its interesting how Lucid thought of that. Most other companies wouldn't bother with such a well integrated design because it is rare that people have two lucids.

It’s interesting how Lucid thought of that. Most other companies wouldn't bother with such a well integrated design because it is rare that people have two lucids.
I agree… for now though! I believe with Gracitys coming to market, more folks will have two Lucids.

They do need to add support for two widgets simultaneously and each widget brings you to its designated vehicle. This will become more necessary when Gravity is released.

They do need to add support for two widgets simultaneously and each widget brings you to its designated vehicle. This will become more necessary when Gravity is released.
Do you mean the apple widgets on homescreen or widgets within the app?

Some apple widgets have a feature where you can just slide on the widget and it changes it, I wonder if Lucid could do that.

You are supposed to be able to hold down on the widget, select Edit Widget, and then it flips over and lets you choose a car for each widget. But reportedly, this doesn't work if you choose a different car for each widget?

So they intend for you to be able to have different widgets for multiple cars, but apparently it's a bug? I'm guessing it'll be fixed by the time Gravity is released.

IMG_3455.jpeg

T
You are supposed to be able to hold down on the widget, select Edit Widget, and then it flips over and lets you choose a car for each widget. But reportedly, this doesn't work if you choose a different car for each widget?

So they intend for you to be able to have different widgets for multiple cars, but apparently it's a bug? I'm guessing it'll be fixed by the time Gravity is released.

View attachment 16686
This has since been resolved. You can select the vehicle and it sticks now. Maybe two app versions ago? Can’t remember
IMG_4067.jpeg

T

This has since been resolved. You can select the vehicle and it sticks now. Maybe two app versions ago? Can’t rememberView attachment 16687
Excellent. Good to know.

So Lucid is pretty much all set for Air owners buying Gravity. At least as far as widgets go.

See @TakeDuo's answer above.

Once you pair the second car, the place where you named your car becomes a drop down. Once you click that, you can choose between which car. Super-simple and intuitive.View attachment 16684
Did you sign into both cars using the same Lucid ID? I'm signed into my car using my Lucid ID, but I'm having trouble linking my mobile key with the second car using a Secondary Account there.

Yes both cars are assigned to same Lucid account. I went through the same steps to link the mobile key as I did for the first car. If you still are having trouble, I’d be more than willing to call/FaceTime this evening to help out. Send me a DM if you would like!

Both cars on same account and the app has worked very well. Now if I could just schedule when I want the car conditioned. 😁 Always something else.

Both cars on same account and the app has worked very well. Now if I could just schedule when I want the car conditioned. 😁 Always something else.
If you don't mind setting up Home Assistant, pretty soon you'll be able to do this from that. :)

Back