"Mounted Object Detected" error

sansonoma

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I got this system error, Mounted Object Detected, after installing 2.0.35. I thought it would go away after 2.0.36, but it did not. I see no mounted objects anywhere on the car. It does not seem to have any effect on the performance of anything.

Has anyone else seen this?
38952BDA-C4DE-4CF3-A4DF-3A49EFA547C0_1_105_c.jpeg

It just thinks there is a bike rack or something. Wonder if its the reflection? Have you tried it in a different area? I'd try a reset overnight and check tomorrow.

It just thinks there is a bike rack or something. Wonder if its the reflection? Have you tried it in a different area? I'd try a reset overnight and check tomorrow.
Thanks....no racks, nothing mounted, and all sensors are clean.....BUT, I wonder if the PFF on the front came loose.

This happens at home and on the road...'tis weird. Customer Service is stumped.

all sensors are clean.....BUT, I wonder if the PFF on the front came loose.
Along the same line of thinking, if a sensor is loose and is partially obstructed, it‘d see part of the car as an object in its path.

Along the same line of thinking, if a sensor is loose and is partially obstructed, it‘d see part of the car as an object in its path.
Interesting...the plot perceptibly thickens. I will take the advice of you all, reset overnight (it is dark even here is CA now), and check that in the AM. Much appreciation to @hydbob , @Tâm, and you. Thanks

all sensors are clean.....BUT, I wonder if the PFF on the front came loose.
There shouldn't be any ppf covering your sensors. But when mine did, it gave a sensor error not a mounted object error. Might be a faulty camera.

There shouldn't be any ppf covering your sensors. But when mine did, it gave a sensor error not a mounted object error. Might be a faulty camera.
Oh yeah, if you didn’t cut holes out for your sensors that is almost certainly the issue!

Maybe you’ve been stalked by Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde.

Mystery solved:

It was the PPF that was installed without holes for the sensors. But that was not a problem initially and the story is interesting.

The "Mounted Object Detected" reared up some weeks after PPF was installed so I didn't associate the problem with that. And I washed it and saw nothing.

But, on the advice of @borski, @hydbob, @EVCar, and @Tâm, I looked with a magnifying glass. AHA

The PPF initially adhered to the sensor, and the sensor worked fine. Over time, as the PPF cured, it tightened over the slightly recessed sensor, thus detaching from it, and with just a fraction of a millimeter space between the sensor and PPF, the sensor reported that something was in front of it. It was undetectable except with magnification.

I used a razor and cut away the PPF and now all is great with the world.

Thanks for all the advice.

Mystery solved:

It was the PPF that was installed without holes for the sensors. But that was not a problem initially and the story is interesting.

The "Mounted Object Detected" reared up some weeks after PPF was installed so I didn't associate the problem with that. And I washed it and saw nothing.

But, on the advice of @borski, @hydbob, @EVCar, and @Tâm, I looked with a magnifying glass. AHA

The PPF initially adhered to the sensor, and the sensor worked fine. Over time, as the PPF cured, it tightened over the slightly recessed sensor, thus detaching from it, and with just a fraction of a millimeter space between the sensor and PPF, the sensor reported that something was in front of it. It was undetectable except with magnification.

I used a razor and cut away the PPF and now all is great with the world.

Thanks for all the advice.
Thanks for the follow-up.
This makes total sense.
While the PPF is transparent to visible light, it's opaque to sound waves and the likes, hence the sensor's response.

Back