Major Air Damage Article

Genghis

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT
Yikes! I hope all passengers survived. I wonder what kind of accident caused this type of total damage. It looked like it got dropped out of an airplane or a dump truck rolled over it!

Note how the roof structure and passenger area barely deformed. Impressive.

Note how the roof structure and passenger area barely deformed. Impressive.
I did notice that and either the car rolled down a hill or something heavy got dropped on top of it, the roofline is mostly intact.

The point of the article is what? New expensive cars can crash? The author must have been overdue for an article.

IMG_1156.gif

Dropped out of a plane, rolled down the himalayas, fell into the ocean after rolling all the way, transported to America with ocean currents, and half the car was put in a shredder. Seriously, HOW does this happen in normal driving?

Also, anybody bidding on it seeing as to how cheap it is? I would get it for display of its parts, but I don't have the space!

there is a risk of operating a car that infreqs speed faster than it reduces speed. Plus one on hoping the humans involved are safe.

More pics here: https://www.copart.com/lot/51181863/salvage-2023-lucid-motors-air-grand-touring-tx-el-paso

Looks like most of the damage was from rollover, which is very difficult to do.

I only know of one other incident like this (though that doesn’t mean others don’t exist). In that one, it rolled 4 times, and everyone walked away (with one passenger having some relatively bad injuries, but nothing life threatening).

Wear your seatbelts, kids. They save lives.

Geez. On and on about the car, with even a marketing/features bent, and not one word about the passengers. I don't care much about the level of damage I would inflict on my car if I rolled it over at what must have been a high speed, but I sure as hell would like to know if the people in that wreck survived, and their level of injury if they did.

Looks like most of the damage was from rollover, which is very difficult to do.
I'm seeing the car hit on the right side door and pushed to a curb or something that caught the left front wheel (see the fold) and that started the flip. Why am I surprised to see three Lucid wrecks? WTF are people doing ? I thought we wealthy early adopters were smarter than that?

I'm seeing the car hit on the right side door and pushed to a curb or something that caught the left front wheel (see the fold) and that started the flip. Why am I surprised to see three Lucid wrecks? WTF are people doing ? I thought we wealthy early adopters were smarter than that?
Sometimes the crash comes to you. Sometimes. I thought my car looked bad, but this is on a whole different level.

Geez. On and on about the car, with even a marketing/features bent, and not one word about the passengers. I don't care much about the level of damage I would inflict on my car if I rolled it over at what must have been a high speed, but I sure as hell would like to know if the people in that wreck survived, and their level of injury if they did.
I agree. I have a friend who totaled a Porsche 911 when he hit a slippery spot in the pavement. He said the Porsche saved his life and he has only bought 911s since.

Back