Main display gets very hot

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Today I charged my car for the first time at a EA 350 kw fast charging station. I usually charge at home. I also preconditioned the battery beforehand for about 10 mins.

When I was done and on my way home I noticed the main large display was very hot to the touch on its rear. Not the front of the screen but the back.

Has anyone noticed this? I’m not sure whether it’s related to my fast charging or preconditioning.

Your thoughts?
Thanks

Today I charged my car for the first time at a EA 350 kw fast charging station. I usually charge at home. I also preconditioned the battery beforehand for about 10 mins.

When I was done and on my way home I noticed the main large display was very hot to the touch on its rear. Not the front of the screen but the back.

Has anyone noticed this? I’m not sure whether it’s related to my fast charging or preconditioning.

Your thoughts?
Thanks
Mine is the same, worried about longevity but I'm assuming they've accounted for this somehow

Same. Haven’t had any issues to date but it does get very hot.

Your thoughts?
Thanks
Hopefully it's just heatsinks dissipating the heat.
This was one of my concerns when I mounted my EZ Pass to the back of the screen

Hopefully it's just heatsinks dissipating the heat.
This was one of my concerns when I mounted my EZ Pass to the back of the screen
Regarding EZPass, I thought that goes on the lower part of the windshield in front of the passenger. There is supposed to be a space carved out for the transponder. Why did you feel it had to go on the back of the screen?

Regarding EZPass, I thought that goes on the lower part of the windshield in front of the passenger. There is supposed to be a space carved out for the transponder. Why did you feel it had to go on the back of the screen?
Supposedly only the earliest versions of the car required you to put it there. Now you can locate it anywhere but on the back side of the screen is out of sight and I got the black silicone sleeve someone on here suggested and linked and now it's virtually invisible.

Full disclosure, I haven't tested it since I moved it there but whoever suggested it has had it there long enough that it worked

Your thoughts?
Thanks
Yes, mine gets extremely hot , independent of charging.. I had some concern over that as well, but thus far no one seems to have experienced failures.

Yes, mine gets extremely hot , independent of charging.. I had some concern over that as well, but thus far no one seems to have experienced failures.
Has anyone contacted Tech support on this issue? I'd hate to be on a road trip and to have my display burn out or become unusable.
I haven't been on a long road trip yet but I wonder if that could make it worse like driving for over 600-700 miles in a day.

Have you noticed any pattern as to when you see yours get hot. I hadn't noticed it till today. Although I only had it for less than 10 days.

Has anyone contacted Tech support on this issue? I'd hate to be on a road trip and to have my display burn out or become unusable.
I haven't been on a long road trip yet but I wonder if that could make it worse like driving for over 600-700 miles in a day.

Have you noticed any pattern as to when you see yours get hot. I hadn't noticed it till today. Although I only had it for less than 10 days.
I honestly think it expected and I do not know of anyone who has encountered a problem.

Sorry I didn’t answer the second part of your question. I have noticed it get hotter on days when the sun has been blasting through the roof or windshield. Lately, with the sun at a low angle and with cooler weather I haven’t seen it get as hot. I have even checked it a few times this week out of curiosity. I don’t know if others have had a similar experience.

I also vaguely recall something about screen heat being addressed in a future update, someone please correct me if I am mistaken.😁

Back