Automatic Battery Preconditioning with Lucid Navigation

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure AWD, SC430, Hghlndr
Referral Code
CVXJ7QLE
A question... I have had automatic battery preconditioning initiate right away when I entered my local EA station into Lucid's navigation system. It's only about 15 minutes away. However, on a road trip last weekend, I entered an EA station a couple hours away, and expected the battery preconditioning to start when I was about 20-30 minutes away from the station, but it did not do so. I waited until the navigation said I was less than 15 minutes away before giving up and initiating the battery preconditioning myself. I tried the same thing on the way home, with the same result. Does automatic battery preconditioning only work when navigating to a local charging station, such that it starts right away?

It should do it all the time. Usually it starts around 40 minutes before the estimated arrival. Maybe your battery level was already too low?

No, I still had around 35% remaining. Interesting that it starts that far in advance.
It takes quite a while to warm a ton of batteries.

A question... I have had automatic battery preconditioning initiate right away when I entered my local EA station into Lucid's navigation system. It's only about 15 minutes away. However, on a road trip last weekend, I entered an EA station a couple hours away, and expected the battery preconditioning to start when I was about 20-30 minutes away from the station, but it did not do so. I waited until the navigation said I was less than 15 minutes away before giving up and initiating the battery preconditioning myself. I tried the same thing on the way home, with the same result. Does automatic battery preconditioning only work when navigating to a local charging station, such that it starts right away?
Are you searching it up using the charging tab or just inputting the address? You need to navigate to the station through the charging tab in order for it to precondition automatically.

A question... I have had automatic battery preconditioning initiated right away when I entered my local EA station into Lucid's navigation system. It's only about 15 minutes away. However, on a road trip last weekend, I entered an EA station a couple of hours away, and expected the battery preconditioning to start when I was about 20-30 minutes away from the station, but it did not do so. I waited until the navigation said I was less than 15 minutes away before giving up and initiating the battery preconditioning myself. I tried the same thing on the way home, with the same result. Does automatic battery preconditioning only work when navigating to a local charging station, such that it starts right away?
The LUCID navigation is not smart enough to map an address to a charging station. Rightfully so, because many chargers are located in shipping malls where one can go for shipping by entering an address and not charge. To avoid that confusion and keep the intent of the visit clear, Lucid navigation has a Charge Tab.

To initiate the action for charging, there are two ways:
1. You put a destination and let Lucid add a charging station on the way as a stop. (Note: You can pick Electrify America ONLY in settings)
2. You can add the destination from the Charging Tab and select one on your route.

In both cases the preconditioning starts automatically.

Back