Lucid vs Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Tesla had automatic emergency braking?

Ehhh…it does. But only kinda. About the best you can expect from Tesla’s Automatic Emergency Braking is that it will “reduce the severity of an impact. It is NOT designed to avoid a collision”.

The above is taken out of the Tesla Owners Manual.

Based on other reports I have seen, not if the tractor trailer is stopped. You know the signs one sees on the road: this car stops for railroad crossings? Well, Teslas emergency stop for moving vehicles.
My Model 3 definitely stops and, rather abruptly if you are close. Unlike others, our Model 3 has been excellent with the exception of phantom braking occasionally. We have learned to keep alert and have handled all cases well although have had little problem unless there are highway lines criss crossed or semi blacked out during construction. I think all drivers should realize that No EV or other car had full FSD and even if they did, you need to stay alert. I was amazed at the GMC Denali ad showing the driver taking his hands off the wheel and singing and playing patty cake with the passengers. It even made you assume it changed lanes, passed a vehicle and returned to the original lane while hands free. This could come back to bite GM.

Unless this is proven to be ADAS this kind of fud and possibly due to driver error. Tesla cars tend to be pretty safe having driven them for almost 5 years and never having an issue.
I have driven one for about a month now and it has almost driven into a wall once and almost driven into a car twice 🤷‍♂️

I can also say the ADAS for Lucid has room for improvement as well. I’m still seeing the car not brake from high speed on freeways when cars are at a complete standstill. Happened to me on the I5 last Thursday with Highway Assist engaged on 2.0.47. I once again had to intervene and put the brakes on hard to slow the car down.

None of these systems are perfect hence why the driver needs to be paying attention at all times.

I can also say the ADAS for Lucid has room for improvement as well. I’m still seeing the car not brake from high speed on freeways when cars are at a complete standstill. Happened to me on the I5 last Thursday with Highway Assist engaged on 2.0.47. I once again had to intervene and put the brakes on hard to slow the car down.

None of these systems are perfect hence why the driver needs to be paying attention at all times.
Oh for sure - the Lucid system is definitely not perfect yet. But it also doesn’t claim to be. :)

What FUD ? All I stated is that radar and lidar would add secondary & further layers to ADAS system, and help cars to detect obstacles. Just because Musk disagreed with this make it FUD ?
And all I stated is that there's no brake mark, the car slammed onto the truck at full speed. THe force was so powerful, it lift the truck
Texting …….?
Either way terrible

I went the reverse route and probably welcome to criticism. I have 3 kids and wife and we chose to skip our Touring reservation in lieu of a used model S plaid.

I am still a very big fan of Lucid the company and it’s mission however I felt the total package of Tesla was better for these reasons:

1) Rear entertainment for kids
2) At this point a much more reliable and available charging network on road trips for holidays which is usually when we travel.
3) it is genuinely a fast car
4) Dynamic air suspension for bumps I used to always scrape my non air suspension ev over couple bumps
5) plaid has improved materials and feel it’s not on par with Lucid but it’s a good effort
6) Active noise cancellation makes it more quiet
7) overall software has more features in Tesla, energy usage report, sentry mode video alarm system, dog away mode, Tesla app has several more features, Netflix Disney plus watch star wars while you charge, consistent 250kw availability, night time light show, Santa sleigh mode.

Overall for the money and since used cars have taken a massive hit overall I thought I got more money for Tesla.

Happy to take your comments.
Your post makes sense after seeing most of your previous posts but the question is why are you still on this board?

FSD was actually one of the nails in the coffin for my model 3. I joined the beta program and quickly realized that any generally useful version is still many years away.
It costs an additional $15,000 now.

And still, Musk has cojones to charge $15k for something that doesn't exist.
As they say, an idiot is being born every day.
Ok - so what, Lucid is doing the same thing and they are behind Tesla on FSD. I just don’t the constant Tesla attacks from some people, they are just pointless and have no merit the majority of the time. Better to move on than even comment.

And if people are smart with Tesla, you just subscribe to FSD when you need it and most certainly will never cost that much, especially if you only keep a car for 3 years like I do. Much prefer the subscription model, until any car company fulfills fully functional FSD. 🙂

I had a model 3 dual motor performance and literally just sold it as I didn’t want drive it as much as my Air GT. I did a couple road trips on the 3 and didn’t nearly get as much travel time as I would have liked (I’m in Washington state). While the Air GT I want to drive all the time and look for opportunities to travel.

I loved the 3 when it came out so much that I forgave all the funny build quality issues with it. I added a few things after market but couldn’t pull the trigger to automate my fronk/trunk. I also realized that the space for the 3 was unrealistic for a family of two kids, and have been loving driving everywhere with them! I will miss the FSD, but honestly I needed to be less lazy when I drive.

Hope that helps

Ok - so what, Lucid is doing the same thing and they are behind Tesla on FSD. I just don’t the constant Tesla attacks from some people, they are just pointless and have no merit the majority of the time. Better to move on than even comment.

And if people are smart with Tesla, you just subscribe to FSD when you need it and most certainly will never cost that much, especially if you only keep a car for 3 years like I do. Much prefer the subscription model, until any car company fulfills fully functional FSD. 🙂
My understanding is that lucid DD Pro comes with additional future-proof hardware for eventaul FSD but Tesla has incresed FSD price from $5000 to $15000 without much breakthough improvment.

Lucid is not selling anything they don’t have; they are very clear with what DreamDrive Pro does today, and that it will have more features in the future. They also aren’t claiming it will be ‘full self driving’ or any other nonsense, or that it is already there, which is what Tesla is doing.

There’s a difference between bashing Tesla and calling them out for their mistakes. They did a lot of things right; without them, much of the EV industry would still be many years behind, most likely.

Their bravado and bluster about ”Full Self Driving” (which it definitely isn’t), removing sensors to save costs at the expense of function, hiding that they downgraded the brakes, etc.? Those are bad mistakes that they have chosen to make to save costs and increase profits at the expense of serving their customers well.

Now that they have some real competition, I really hope to see them step it up; I’d love for them to get back to innovating rather than resting on their laurels. Genuinely.

How does it do on ramps at high speed entry?

Yeah it’s like folks make a good point and spend the next 3 lines saying why Tesla is a horrible company. Folks we are on the same team. We are team ev. Practically cousin…

Reactions: DBV
Wow, I'm shocked! What a sneaky move by Tesla/Musk.
Basically, this is a fraud.
I have a refresh Model S and in no way did he downgrade the breaks. The misinformation on this forum towards Tesla is getting really old. Just stop it. Some this crap is just pure lies.

My brakes on my Model S work awesome. Actually, I barely use them with regen and neither should anyone that owns an EV. A person made a turn right in front of me while I was accelerating two weeks ago (she did not see me) and my car stopped dead in its tracks. Was super impressive and if I did no have the Model S, it would have been a guaranteed accident.

And fyi - I have a Pure on order and probably upgrading to a Touring after a test drive this weekend, if I really like the Lucid. But, I still love my Model S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back