Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

I let it run the update again just to see what happens.
I think it's all good now. I did the Air-logo reset, just in case.
Interesting bug... lol
I’m not sure what you mean by this. You cannot have it run an update more than once. Perhaps you accidentally never installed it in the first place?

I’m not sure what you mean by this. You cannot have it run an update more than once. Perhaps you accidentally never installed it in the first place?

You'll see that the SW was already at 2.2.2. (Below the VIN #)
But it kept telling me that software updates were available.

lucid_update_fhd.png

View attachment 21033
As someone else mentioned as well, this has been an existing bug for many versions. I’ve had this happen on a previous OTA as well. Unsure if it actually does anything when you re-update though.

View attachment 21033
Just tell the Service Center when you return it. It's a random bug that pops up from time to time. Lucid will probably need to do something on the backend so the system knows its on the latest OTA. Could be a simple thing of the car not phoning in the version number back home so it just keeps sending the latest. Could try a reboot to see if that stops it but as its a loaner your options are limited.

another bug happened to me today. Randomly the radio started playing and I was getting two sources of audio. Could not figure out how to stop it. Had to do a full reboot to fix.

I had this happen too, and noticed that the time to install was different for the two prompts (40 min for the first install, 45 min for the second). The first install said it finished, then on the next drive I was prompted for the second time. I let it install the second time and it's been fine since, knock on wood.

I had this happen too, and noticed that the time to install was different for the two prompts (40 min for the first install, 45 min for the second). The first install said it finished, then on the next drive I was prompted for the second time. I let it install the second time and it's been fine since, knock on wood.
Yea.. the second installation finally did the trick.

On a side note.... Wishful thinking, but I hope Lucid eliminates Alexa (does it ever work?) and just goes with google at 3.0... lol
At least give us a choice.... haha

another bug happened to me today. Randomly the radio started playing and I was getting two sources of audio. Could not figure out how to stop it. Had to do a full reboot to fix.
I built a habit of doing the air-logo reset on a weekly basis.... I'm treating it like my PC and android devices. haha

Yea.. the second installation finally did the trick.

On a side note.... Wishful thinking, but I hope Lucid eliminates Alexa (does it ever work?) and just goes with google at 3.0... lol
At least give us a choice.... haha
Alexa does work, I use it quite frequently to play music, open/close the garage door, get directions, etc. What isn't working for you? What have you tried?

Alexa does work, I use it quite frequently to play music, open/close the garage door, get directions, etc. What isn't working for you? What have you tried?
lol good for you.

The only successful Alexa commands were playing music and navigations.
Setting temperature, open/close garage, lock/unlock car door, defrost, etc… = “Sorry something went wrong” or “Sorry I’m having trouble” responses all the time.
Maybe it just doesn’t like my voice. Lol🤣

lol good for you.

Setting temperature, open/close garage, lock/unlock car door, defrost, etc… = “Sorry something went wrong” or “Sorry I’m having trouble” responses all the time.
Sounds like a connectivity issue. How is the AT&T signal? Wifi?

lol good for you.

Alexa was hit or miss for me. ATT signal near my house is weak so I assume that’s the issue. My iPhone is on Verizon which will show full bars on CarPlay while the car shows one. So it’s CarPlay for me 100% of the time.

Alexa was hit or miss for me. ATT signal near my house is weak so I assume that’s the issue. My iPhone is on Verizon which will show full bars on CarPlay while the car shows one. So it’s CarPlay for me 100% of the time.
So when I make a request/command, it sends the request to the (I’m guessing) Amazon Web Service Clouds / AI unit (or whatever they call it) to process and sends back the commands back to the car to execute…
hmm… I always assumed that the processing chip within the vehicle computer took care of (most of the regular, often-used) commands internally…

A lot more to learn.

So my CarPlay is working better than ever. It was working quite well but now as soon as I get into the car it initiates with the last item I was listening to. However, since the latest update I now have had to use the EA link in the Lucid App a couple of times instead of immediate plug and play. I never used the Lucid App EA link before 2.2.2 update.

So my CarPlay is working better than ever. It was working quite well but now as soon as I get into the car it initiates with the last item I was listening to. However, since the latest update I now have had to use the EA link in the Lucid App a couple of times instead of immediate plug and play. I never used the Lucid App EA link before 2.2.2 update.
Coincidence, I suspect. I’ve fast charged since the update without issue. But let us know if it keeps happening!

My 2.2.2 Play/Pause bug affects all audio sources I've tried (radio, native Spotify and native Tidal). Air-logo reboots only temporarily seem to solve the problem, it comes back in less than 24 hours:

And CarPlay still doesn't connect unless I plug in. iPhone 14 Pro. Guess I should try re-pairing yet again?

I just opened a service ticket to fix this and several other major annoyances that have cropped up in the first month of ownership of my GT.

If anyone from Lucid is here, y’all should consider some kind of insider program so you can beta test these updates more thoroughly. There are way too many bugs in this release. The play / pause on steroids bug hits me almost every day now. I cannot reliably play music in this car through any source (onboard apps or CarPlay).

All music from all sources plays fine for us. Both cars.
If anyone from Lucid is here, y’all should consider some kind of insider program so you can beta test these updates more thoroughly. There are way too many bugs in this release. The play / pause on steroids bug hits me almost every day now. I cannot reliably play music in this car through any source (onboard apps or CarPlay).
I thought for a moment that I might have experienced the same but it seemed to be a one-time thing (wifi at home has been a bit weird lately) but I haven't had an occurrence since. Thinking your update may have been corrupted somehow. When that happens strange and odd things can and do happen. I think the gurus at Lucid Service should be your next stop. Hopefully, that isn't too painful......

Back