Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

My 2.2.2 Play/Pause bug affects all audio sources I've tried (radio, native Spotify and native Tidal). Air-logo reboots only temporarily seem to solve the problem, it comes back in less than 24 hours:

And CarPlay still doesn't connect unless I plug in. iPhone 14 Pro. Guess I should try re-pairing yet again?

I just opened a service ticket to fix this and several other major annoyances that have cropped up in the first month of ownership of my GT.
any luck?
I have the same problem. No matter what music service i select it constantly does pause/play. I’ve tried reboot several times with no luck. When it’s parked in my garage and connected to my WiFi it seems to work fine. When I leave my house it starts acting up again.

any luck?
I have the same problem. No matter what music service i select it constantly does pause/play. I’ve tried reboot several times with no luck. When it’s parked in my garage and connected to my WiFi it seems to work fine. When I leave my house it starts acting up again.
No luck, I’m finally supposed to be able to bring it in for service next week.

It has gotten worse, sometimes the radio overcomes the pause/play problem only to degrade to horrible sound quality no matter which station I choose. A logo reboot at least temporarily resolves that, but this is ridiculous. No issues before 2.2.2.

any luck?
That's actually really useful information to pass along to Service. Since it works over WiFi and not cellular, the issue is most likely a bad cellular connection. That's either because you drive in an area where AT&T service is not good, or there's something wrong with your cellular antenna. The first problem service can't fix. The second one they can.

That's actually really useful information to pass along to Service. Since it works over WiFi and not cellular, the issue is most likely a bad cellular connection. That's either because you drive in an area where AT&T service is not good, or there's something wrong with your cellular antenna. The first problem service can't fix. The second one they can.
The other option is a software bug, of course. It's possible the streaming buffer is not behaving properly.

As per the service rep i spoke today this update is the bug fix for issues with Sound/Music.
lol, so much for Peter’s Homelink resolution coming in “2 weeks”. Almost been 4 now since that comment was made.

Based on the slowdown of OTA’s and the trickle of things being tweaked / fixed when one does drop I’m wondering if the Air hardware is tapped out and don’t expect anything big to come down the pipeline anytime soon.

lol, so much for Peter’s Homelink resolution coming in “2 weeks”. Almost been 4 now since that comment was made.

Based on the slowdown of OTA’s and the trickle of things being tweaked / fixed when one does drop I’m wondering if the Air hardware is tapped out and don’t expect anything big to come down the pipeline anytime soon.
I jumped on to a boat now with no expectation of new futures on Air ☹️

Feel this is the best option seeing all Tesla and Rivian friends with robust updates too 😜

I’ve been pretty critical of the OTAs but its almost embarrassing at this point that it took this long to fix the audio bug that was introduced with the last update.

My neighbor was given an air as a loaner after his i7 was hit. He lasted 2 days before returning it and getting an ice car. He hated the AC (felt it was underpowered), he had a hard time getting the doors to unlock (shocker), and his music wouldn’t stop pausing. Couldn’t blame him honestly.

I’ve been pretty critical of the OTAs but its almost embarrassing at this point that it took this long to fix the audio bug that was introduced with the last update.

My neighbor was given an air as a loaner after his i7 was hit. He lasted 2 days before returning it and getting an ice car. He hated the AC (felt it was underpowered), he had a hard time getting the doors to unlock (shocker), and his music wouldn’t stop pausing. Couldn’t blame him honestly.
I guess the problem is the amount of population that were affected is very low. In fact 2.2.2 improved my experience with Audio, Car Play and door lock unlock drastically. Its rock solid for now and crossing my fingers for this wont change with this new update.

I guess the problem is the amount of population that were affected is very low. In fact 2.2.2 improved my experience with Audio, Car Play and door lock unlock drastically. Its rock solid for now and crossing my fingers for this wont change with this new update.
Ehh we have seen a handful of threads here and a handful on Reddit. I know those places don’t represent the entire lucid fleet but that also means there are many that aren’t here or Reddit that also experienced the issue.

I think we may have different ideas of the underlying problem. In my eyes, the real problem is the lack of OTAs, the lack of communication around OTAs, the lack of feature enhancements, and the lack of urgency on the software side of the house. It took a month for a single fix man… a month.

I promise you, my neighbor will never touch a lucid again. He is the most “average” consumer that could care less to tinker with his car at all. Like doesn’t try to dive into settings and menus. The simpler the better. He will forever think that my lucid and any lucid “suck” and that his i7 “is 10x the better car than the lucid”. I’ll scream it until I or lucid die… user experience to the masses matters. Lucid misses that mark software wise, especially when fundamental bugs go without any acknowledgment or fixes for a month…

Ehh we have seen a handful of threads here and a handful on Reddit. I know those places don’t represent the entire lucid fleet but that also means there are many that aren’t here or Reddit that also experienced the issue.

I think we may have different ideas of the underlying problem. In my eyes, the real problem is the lack of OTAs, the lack of communication around OTAs, the lack of feature enhancements, and the lack of urgency on the software side of the house. It took a month for a single fix man… a month.

I promise you, my neighbor will never touch a lucid again. He is the most “average” consumer that could care less to tinker with his car at all. Like doesn’t try to dive into settings and menus. The simpler the better. He will forever think that my lucid and any lucid “suck” and that his i7 “is 10x the better car than the lucid”. I’ll scream it until I or lucid die… user experience to the masses matters. Lucid misses that mark software wise, especially when fundamental bugs go without any acknowledgment or fixes for a month…
I feel the same and worried about what there preferences are now. It is becoming too late to recover in market even if they step up ☹️

2.2.10 AFTER 2.2.2? Are we regressing?
No. 10 is bigger than 2.

I know, developers are weird. But that’s an actual convention for many software teams.

Took 8 prototypes to get releasable version?

On next substantial updates. I keep hearing speculation that it will come with Gravity release. Shouldn't it come either before Gravity so that they can get feedback before releasing a new vehicle. Or long after Gravity release since the systems are different enough that all resources are needed for Gravity release and initial updating and Air systems will be improved after Gravity release has been updated to correct initially overlooked flaws?

Back