• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

I’m honestly really frustrated and bummed out by Lucid. I really want to love this car, it drives like an absolute dream. But there are just so many things that make the experience lousy:

1. Inadequate AC. This car is simply not pleasant to use in 90+ degree heat and the AC system cannot keep up.
2. Awkward to get into and out of the car.
3. Interior reflections on the front windshield.
4. Poor visibility from large a pillars.
5. Buggy buggy buggy software with basic functions that do not work.
6. Buggy hardware, pilot screens don’t always come on requiring reboots.

I could go on and on. It sucks because the one thing they really nailed is the drive experience. This car rides like no other. But they are simply a long ways away from where they need to be.

I’m honestly really frustrated and bummed out by Lucid. I really want to love this car, it drives like an absolute dream. But there are just so many things that make the experience lousy:

1. Inadequate AC. This car is simply not pleasant to use in 90+ degree heat and the AC system cannot keep up.
2. Awkward to get into and out of the car.
3. Interior reflections on the front windshield.
4. Poor visibility from large a pillars.
5. Buggy buggy buggy software with basic functions that do not work.
6. Buggy hardware, pilot screens don’t always come on requiring reboots.

I could go on and on. It sucks because the one thing they really nailed is the drive experience. This car rides like no other. But they are simply a long ways away from where they need to be.
Some people would say the drive is everything and anything else is moot.

Some people would say the drive is everything and anything else is moot.
I'd agree if it was a pure sports car or sold in a narrowly focused niche. It's sold as a luxury vehicle competing with the Mercedes S-Class. As such it should accel at all (or most) things.

I'd agree if it was a pure sports car or sold in a narrowly focused niche. It's sold as a luxury vehicle competing with the Mercedes S-Class. As such it should accel at all (or most) things.

Yep. They are competing against luxury EV brands, they need to nail the software experience. I don't even need all the bells and whistles tbh, I just want a stable and reliable experience.

Back