Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

I am also getting weird stuttering behavior from CarPlay now when playing music. Spotify and Apple Music both rapidly pause and unpause the track I’m trying to play. Never seen this before. And yes, I’ve rebooted the car and also deleted and repaired my phone just to be sure.

Is it too much to ask to get a working CarPlay implementation? I’ve driven POS rental cars that cost a fraction of this car that work flawlessly. Really frustrating.
I have not seen this issue and spent all of yesterday (basically) in the car playing music and audible. Are you using the Spotify through CarPlay or the native app?

I am also getting weird stuttering behavior from CarPlay now when playing music. Spotify and Apple Music both rapidly pause and unpause the track I’m trying to play. Never seen this before. And yes, I’ve rebooted the car and also deleted and repaired my phone just to be sure.

Is it too much to ask to get a working CarPlay implementation? I’ve driven POS rental cars that cost a fraction of this car that work flawlessly. Really frustrating.
Have you tried a service appt?

I haven't read through the entire thread, but 2.2.2 has introduced a bug where radio rapidly switches between Play and Stop modes, like multiple times per second, producing super-choppy audio. Re-selecting the station seems to clear it eventually, but I have to do this every time I get in the car. I've already done a soft reboot, didn't help.

I'll assume 2.2.2 has fixed stuff that I haven't noticed, but it has definitely made every drive slightly more annoying.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but 2.2.2 has introduced a bug where radio rapidly switches between Play and Stop modes, like multiple times per second, producing super-choppy audio. Re-selecting the station seems to clear it eventually, but I have to do this every time I get in the car. I've already done a soft reboot, didn't help.

I'll assume 2.2.2 has fixed stuff that I haven't noticed, but it has definitely made every drive slightly more annoying.
I may have experienced the same this A.M. I thought it might have been my wifi connection. Didn't pay attention to the screen as I was backing out of the garage but will if it it happens again. It cleared up pretty quickly though.

Thanks. I had already done that to some symphonies. Since yesterday I have been using Mp3tag to edit the meta data, so no longer need to merge movements. The meta data determines the sequence of play. I really appreciate your input. It's great to have members like you, unlike some of the rude members on this site.
Appreciate the nod, and also appreciate the info on Mp3tag. I use it but didn't know I could sequence with it, too. Will do some testing. I've learned so much on this forum and I know that I appreciate the Lucid Touring more because of all the information that I've found here.

This update has completely ruined by ability to listen to the radio or CarPlay. No amount of Air logo resets or reconnecting my phone is working.

This update has completely ruined by ability to listen to the radio or CarPlay. No amount of Air logo resets or reconnecting my phone is working.
Out of curiosity, is this all wired or wireless CarPlay or both?

Both , even when not in CarPlay and Bluetooth disabled it is still awful
Have you contacted service? This is completely not my experience at all, so I wonder whether there is some hardware problem either with your phone or car.

Both , even when not in CarPlay and Bluetooth disabled it is still awful
Strange, I haven't experienced this issue. I don't use CarPlay but the native Apps I use, TiDAL, TuneIn & Sirius work with no issues. I'd contact Customer Care at this point.

Same. I’m in a loaner today, and that doesn’t have this issue, either. My car doesn’t do it.

Same. I’m in a loaner today, and that doesn’t have this issue, either. My car doesn’t do it.
Mine has been solid since a few updates ago. a couple questions… Is your phone on the latest version? Have you rebooted your phone? Do you have a VPN on your phone?

OK, since the radio was apparently broken by 2.2.2, I finally signed into the native Spotify app and tried playing some songs.

It doesn’t do the Pause/Play cycle that radio does, but the sound quality is terrible. It sounds like a major bandwidth issue, the songs are choppy and unlistenable. Not just in one location, this is driving all over town (SF Bay Peninsula).

I don’t see others having complained about this. Is my car audio just f’d?

OK, since the radio was apparently broken by 2.2.2, I finally signed into the native Spotify app and tried playing some songs.

It doesn’t do the Pause/Play cycle that radio does, but the sound quality is terrible. It sounds like a major bandwidth issue, the songs are choppy and unlistenable. Not just in one location, this is driving all over town (SF Bay Peninsula).

I don't know. I usually listen to Spotify, the native app, and didn't notice any difference after this update.

Has anyone seen this kind of symptom?

I received a loaner vehicle from the Costa Mesa Service Center;
I updated the SW as it was at 2.1.64;
Even after the SW was updated to 2.2.2, it still asks to upgrade to 2.2.2

PXL_20240531_023037267~2.jpg

I've had major issues with CarPlay reliability over the past year over multiple software updates.
Sometimes, it would appear, sometimes not. Sometimes sound stops randomly etc etc.

SW update 2.2.2 has made CarPlay 100% reliable for me. Its been working flawlessly
for me and I actually sent kudos to customer service.

For what its' worth..

Has anyone seen this kind of symptom?

I received a loaner vehicle from the Costa Mesa Service Center;
I updated the SW as it was at 2.1.64;
Even after the SW was updated to 2.2.2, it still asks to upgrade to 2.2.2

View attachment 21028
This sort of thing was an issue with previous versions. The repeated update shouldn’t hurt anything and would only take a short time anyway. I’d just let the service center know at some point and let them deal with it.

This type of thing happens rarely to me. An Air logo reset fixes it for me. Ideally it wouldn’t happen at all of course.

This sort of thing was an issue with previous versions. The repeated update shouldn’t hurt anything and would only take a short time anyway. I’d just let the service center know at some point and let them deal with it.
I let it run the update again just to see what happens.
I think it's all good now. I did the Air-logo reset, just in case.
Interesting bug... lol

Back