Lucid Navigation Experience Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr16

LUCID Team Member
LUCID Official
Hi, Lucid Owners.

I am sharing the following survey on behalf the User Experience and Product teams at Lucid. The goal is to learn more about our owners' navigation experiences.

This survey should take approximately 20 minutes. We appreciate your time.

The survey will be open until Monday 8/26, 9 AM PT.

Marqie

Done ...excellent survey...thank you for asking such relevant questions!

Finished my part. And i am very happy this details are being collected.

I took your survey and cross posted it to a Lucid forum on Facebook.

My critique is that surveys never ask the questions I want to answer. Why do I prefer Google Maps over Lucid's Nav system? That's easy. I can look up an address on my phone (or PC) before I get in the car, and I don't have to try to punch in the address again (or get frustrated with voice recognition). While Lucid's Nav system does have better information regarding charging locations, I typically don't care because I don't plan to charge on route.

The only time I use the Lucid Nav system is when I am on a trip, and I want the car to precondition the battery on arrival at a charging location.

It's really that simple, and the survey isn't going to give you that feedback.

Now, how's Android Auto coming along? :-)

My critique is that surveys never ask the questions I want to answer. Why do I prefer Google Maps over Lucid's Nav system? That's easy. I can look up an address on my phone (or PC) before I get in the car, and I don't have to try to punch in the address again (or get frustrated with voice recognition). While Lucid's Nav system does have better information regarding charging locations, I typically don't care because I don't plan to charge on route.

The only time I use the Lucid Nav system is when I am on a trip, and I want the car to precondition the battery on arrival at a charging location.

On my android phone I can look up an address with google maps and then share to lucid app and it will show up on my car's screen so I don't have to type address in the nav screen again.

You can share the address to the Lucid app and it will send it to the Lucid nav on the car. Get in, tap on the tile on the right cockpit panel, and nav kicks off to your desired location. :)

You can share the address to the Lucid app and it will send it to the Lucid nav on the car. Get in, tap on the tile on the right cockpit panel, and nav kicks off to your desired location. :)
One can do this, but you'd better carefully check where the car thinks you want to go before setting out. It may be very different than the place you selected in Google Maps.

Hi, Lucid Owners.

I am sharing the following survey on behalf the User Experience and Product teams at Lucid. The goal is to learn more about our owners' navigation experiences.

This survey should take approximately 20 minutes. We appreciate your time.

The survey will be open until Monday 8/26, 9 AM PT.

Marqie
Took the survey. I think you would get a lot of very useful feedback if you added text box inputs to gain user insight into why they like a feature in one system vs another and what Lucid Nav is lacking to make it on par with the other systems. There are significant UX issues with the Lucid nav app and I am not sure this survey identifies these, e.g. nags to go straight, needs time to boot when selecting Nav, hard to go back and forth from music to Nav, lack of detail on the lower screen..... You can have all the great features but if the UX is poor noone is going to use it.

My thought too - the most glaring shortcomings of Lucid's nav IMO were barely touched upon in the survey:

-Very weak maps/POI database compared to Google's
-Frequent and substantial errors in sending a destination from Google Maps to Lucid's nav
-Extremely inaccurate voice input to Lucid's nav
-Weak text input search to Lucid's nav - unforgiving of slight misspellings and frequently finds nothing
-Unpleasant and ill-timed voice guidance

I don't need more features added to Lucid's nav. I need it to function as well as the one we use every day, Google's built-in nav in our other EV. It makes the Air's look very poor.

I still wish there was a 'no tolls' option like on Google. I dislike always being throwing on toll roads with no alternative option like Google has!
I wish there was a “tolls” option! Waze is the only thing that will actually route me on toll roads here. Lucid nav went as far as telling me to get off the toll road and back onto the slow road at every possible exit for miles.

My thought too - the most glaring shortcomings of Lucid's nav IMO were barely touched upon in the survey:

-Very weak maps/POI database compared to Google's
-Frequent and substantial errors in sending a destination from Google Maps to Lucid's nav
-Extremely inaccurate voice input to Lucid's nav
-Weak text input search to Lucid's nav - unforgiving of slight misspellings and frequently finds nothing
-Unpleasant and ill-timed voice guidance

I don't need more features added to Lucid's nav. I need it to function as well as the one we use every day, Google's built-in nav in our other EV. It makes the Air's look very poor.
We need a survey to address the shortcomings of the survey.

One can do this, but you'd better carefully check where the car thinks you want to go before setting out. It may be very different than the place you selected in Google Maps.
I completely agree with this, a couple of times the car navigated me to a spot(in the middle of the road) a couple of miles away from the destination that I put it.

I wish there was a “tolls” option! Waze is the only thing that will actually route me on toll roads here. Lucid nav went as far as telling me to get off the toll road and back onto the slow road at every possible exit for miles.
I second this, my sister was driving my car the navigation told her to get off at an exit then promptly routed her to get back on the toll road and take the next exit

Just completed. I would also love the toll option and ability to auto plan charging based on my preferred list of charging options that I provided in priority order. So, if I prefer EVGo, auto route me to EvGo if viable - so on and so forth.

Thanks, everyone, for your time and for your feedback pertaining both to the nav and to the survey. It is being noted.
Thank you for asking! Frankly my Air's nav pushes me to look toward other manufacturers for my next vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back