Lucid Launch Event

Couple thoughts:
Since it was all just prerecorded, so much for the official first delivery of Touring.
Bummer Gravity doesn't actually exist in a physical fashion yet. As concept, looks fantastic. Third row of seats - thing is goin to be pretty large.
Pure looks great. Bummed no RWD only versions until next year. Wonder what effect that will have on range? Usually a positive one.
Lucid Marketing Team = ON POINT. Very excited about the direction and hope they can really ramp up production to quickly meet the demands of their reservations.

Now that all Air Models are "released", it's time for Lucid to deliver. Investors and reservations aren't going to sit around anymore. The next few months are going to be crucial for the companies future!

I still think it's a mistake to not include Highway Assist as standard. I'm surprised that Auto Park is standard but not Highway Assist. I would have thought that Auto Park could be a DDP feature. When looking at the description DDP features are pretty scarce, Highway Assist and 360 Camera with everything else promised with a one liner "future OTA" verbiage.

I don’t know if anybody caught this but when they were playing the video of the Touring they showed the Pilot Panel and it had Massage. I don‘t know what to make of that. I’m wondering if the Touring will have massage seats after all or was that a glaring mistake in the video?

Attachments

• 0EC112C1-89E1-4145-AEB8-EC1104C55B12.jpeg
    0EC112C1-89E1-4145-AEB8-EC1104C55B12.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
I had my fingers crossed for a CarPlay sneak peek when they started talking software.

Reactions: DBV
Kind of a lame event…it was all pre recorded. Not live and no deliveries…
Everyone is taking a tip from Apple and prerecording events now. So much easier to control. No COVID worries. No glitches. High production values. Makes sense.

Delivery of first Touring is still scheduled for later this evening, I believe.

Everyone is taking a tip from Apple and prerecording events now. So much easier to control. No COVID worries. No glitches. High production values. Makes sense.

I was OK with a prerecorded "event" and agree, Apple has set the standard for these new "events". The Lucid event was FAR beyond quality than any mess of a live event that Tesla has put on (such as the smashed Cybertruck glass debacle ... LOL)

I wanted to see more of Gravity, of course. Even though I’m not the target audience. But I suspect we will see more in the spring when they start taking reservations. The Air was meant to be the star of the show today.

I also am curious about this reduced drag coefficient. How did they pull that off? Does it only apply to Pure models? Will new GTs also get this refined number?

I think the event was well produced and while it was not live I think it is better they took that approach to avoid errors or issues.

The link I received via email did not work but I was able to find the event stream.

I did like the announcement about the factory - which shows new and on-the-fence customers their operational side of the business.

I wanted to see more of Gravity, of course. Even though I’m not the target audience. But I suspect we will see more in the spring when they start taking reservations. The Air was meant to be the star of the show today.
I was very disappointed with how little we saw of the Gravity.

I also am curious about this reduced drag coefficient. How did they pull that off? Does it only apply to Pure models? Will new GTs also get this refined number?
That wasn’t applicable to just Pure. It was a coefficient in general for lucid air cars based on their aerodynamic design.

I don’t know if anybody caught this but when they were playing the video of the Touring they showed the Pilot Panel and it had Massage. I don‘t know what to make of that. I’m wondering if the Touring will have massage seats after all or was that a glaring mistake in the video?

That's definitely the Touring interior. Praying massage seats will make an appearance in Touring. We'll know soon enough.

I dig that Fathom Blue color.
ABSOLUTELY AGREED! Amazing color, and super unique. My favorites are definitely the Fathom Blue, Zenith Red, and Stellar White.
But wow I couldn't take my eyes off of the Fathom Blue, kind of jealous only the Pure guys get it to be honest. But even the Eureka Gold is a great looking color and that's for the Dream owners. But I think it's super cool to see Lucid introducing a new color for a low/new lineup trim and making it 'unique' technically only to them, thus making it seem like the Pure owners are also getting special treatment in some way and not to just be the 'cheaper batch of the bunch'. So I really like that
Kind of a lame event…it was all pre recorded. Not live and no deliveries…
I think this was way more preferable to Tesla's and Elon fumbling to get any words out and stuttering for 30 seconds at a time.

Agreed, really like this and kept it short, sweet, and professional.
I was OK with a prerecorded "event" and agree, Apple has set the standard for these new "events". The Lucid event was FAR beyond quality than any mess of a live event that Tesla has put on (such as the smashed Cybertruck glass debacle ... LOL)
Agreed! 100%
I think the event was well produced and while it was not live I think it is better they took that approach to avoid errors or issues.

The link I received via email did not work but I was able to find the event stream.

I did like the announcement about the factory - which shows new and on-the-fence customers their operational side of the business.
Showcasing the factory was a good way I think to also show investors that a lot of work is being done and demonstrate progress and expansion.
I was very disappointed with how little we saw of the Gravity.
I was really expecting it to be seen more, big disappointment there. I was fine even if we didn't see much of the interior, but I really wanted to see the body, wheels, everything just in 1 shot, at least 1 frame lol

I'm sure it was an attention to detail mistake.

That's definitely the Touring interior. Praying massage seats will make an appearance in Touring. We'll know soon enough.
As @joec mentioned above, I think it would defeat the purpose of doing that because then the price difference from 113k - 120k to 154k makes no sense from a marketing standpoint. All that extra money just for 100 miles extra range and 200 more horsepower?

What I honestly think happened is that they were probably fumbling to get this presentation together and pre-recording everything and the software team didn't get around to the new 'updated software' for Touring which excludes that menu item from there (or overlooked) and so they are just using software from Grand Touring and Dream Edition models, but the chairs probably don't have any massagers built in, or the button just plain doesn't work.
That's what I think

What the ??
Ugh .. my meeting ran over and I missed it live, but when I played the video back, I didn't really see the Gravity [exterior] .. only an outline .. is that all they showed?

From the silhouette, it looked like a 2015 Honda Odyssey and a 2006 MB R320 mix .. ⁉️

Hey all, just wanted to bring some attention to something that I noticed during the Launch Event that really has me fuming. When I placed my order months ago for an AT, I was assured that the dash was going to be all leather. (GT and higher get leather/alcantara & pure gets leather/cloth)

Now we see the footage of a production vehicle and its dash is leather/plastic (that garbage pebble grain synthetic material, whatever it is). That's just tacky for a $100k+ car.

Images below for reference. 1st one is from the configurator which is still up and the 2nd is a screen cap from today's event.

Thoughts here people?

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 114
  • dash2.JPG
    dash2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 112
That wasn’t applicable to just Pure. It was a coefficient in general for lucid air cars based on their aerodynamic design.
Yes. But the official number was higher before. Matching the Mercedes EQS. The number they showed today is better. So which cars are going to get the better drag?

Back