Lucid Launch Event

Well that live event gave us crumbs of info. Nicely produced but light on info. I can't find any additional info on the website . I guess we will find out about the seats / massage / sun screens etc as the vehicles are delivered. Kind of annoying that the blue is exclusive to Pure. I guess they are trying to drive orders.

The event tonight is live and will include the first deliveries of the Touring at the BH studio. This event was just the pre-recorded launch.

Hey all, just wanted to bring some attention to something that I noticed during the Launch Event that really has me fuming. When I placed my order months ago for an AT, I was assured that the dash was going to be all leather. (GT and higher get leather/alcantara & pure gets leather/cloth)

Now we see the footage of a production vehicle and its dash is leather/plastic (that garbage pebble grain synthetic material, whatever it is). That's just tacky for a $100k+ car.

Images below for reference. 1st one is from the configurator which is still up and the 2nd is a screen cap from today's event.

Thoughts here people?
The videos are pre-production. Let's wait until the first delivery tonight to find out what we're getting.

Hey all, just wanted to bring some attention to something that I noticed during the Launch Event that really has me fuming. When I placed my order months ago for an AT, I was assured that the dash was going to be all leather. (GT and higher get leather/alcantara & pure gets leather/cloth)

Now we see the footage of a production vehicle and its dash is leather/plastic (that garbage pebble grain synthetic material, whatever it is). That's just tacky for a $100k+ car.

Images below for reference. 1st one is from the configurator which is still up and the 2nd is a screen cap from today's event.

Thoughts here people?
thats what we call "Premium Natural Grain Leather." The garbage pebble grain synthetic material you're talking about is made typically to imitate natural grain leather, which is what the Touring actually has. See the sample interior materials attached from BH studio

Attachments

• 20221112_152505.jpg
    20221112_152505.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
thats what we call "Premium Natural Grain Leather." The garbage pebble grain synthetic material you're talking about is made typically to imitate natural grain leather, which is what the Touring actually has. See the sample interior materials attached from BH studio
Thank you for this. When I was at the studio a week ago they did not have the Touring storyboard that is on the right of your picture. This is helpful.

Well, dang, I really wanted them to drive a Gravity out in front.
I echo that...Regardless of early software problems, I definitely will be getting ready for Gravity. The sneak peek seemed to show the interior had a lot of the Sapphire seat features. Hope they develop a great body style to go with the amazing technology they have developed and continue to upgrade.

Thoughts here people?
I'm hoping we just can't see it properly but instead it's a textured leather similar to Alcantara, but yeah if it's that pebble grain synthetic plastic/leather I'd be pretty upset too. My old Hyundai Elantra had that stuff lol

I kind of like the new blue color. I personally don’t care for highway assist or adaptive cruise, never use them in my current car. Now we know the AWD version is the one with 480hp, guess the single motor will be lower. I wonder how much better the mileage will be with that one.

Oh this looks better actually

I'm hoping we just can't see it properly but instead it's a textured leather similar to Alcantara, but yeah if it's that pebble grain synthetic plastic/leather I'd be pretty upset too. My old Hyundai Elantra had that stuff lol
changinator posted a pic of the Touring storyboard. 1st time I've seen it, but it does say that it is "Premium Natural Grain Leather" so that's encouraging. Still don't love the look vs the renders, but at least probably not plastic as I had feared.

I'm sure it was an attention to detail mistake.
That‘s what I’m inclined to think as well but it was also interesting to see in the Air Pure video when they showed the Pilot Panel it DIDN‘T have Massage so that at least left the window open that maybe just maybe it wasn’t a mistake.

I don’t know if anybody caught this but when they were playing the video of the Touring they showed the Pilot Panel and it had Massage. I don‘t know what to make of that. I’m wondering if the Touring will have massage seats after all or was that a glaring mistake in the video?

Just generic home screen shot of menus. Never show any actual massage screen.

What a production launch video. It’s very exciting video to watch. Peter Rawlinson was slouching and stressed. I bet last 9 months he went thru hell. That’s why he gets the big bucks.

Ok Cali folks, spill the beans on the Touring features. It’s been a few hours…. :impatiently waves arms around:
I haven't heard much but the Lucid Twitter page is currently uploading pictures and a short showing the first 3 Touring deliveries.

The HP numbers for Pure and Touring make sense to me. I never expected them to be the same. Not sure why anyone else did.

Spend more money, get more hp. From a marketing perspective, having Pure AWD at the same hp as Touring makes no sense.
Note that today they "downgraded" touring 0--60 from previous 3.2 to now 3.4

Back