Lucid Launch Event

BobFM

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Referral Code
5BJSTMJ8
Just saw this alert on Twitter from Lucid and from Jeff Curry...

Tune in on 11.15.22 to hear the very latest from Lucid…click the link below to RSVP and to be reminded. “In the Air - and Beyond” will have exciting product announcements and perhaps some surprises too… #DreamAhead

There's something in the Air — and beyond. Join us for a global Lucid Launch Event where we'll unveil the full #LucidAir family to the world, and provide a peek at our next force of nature.

RSVP at http://DreamAhead.com

"next force of nature"

Sounds like the GRAVITY

Interesting website. Took a bit longer than I would have liked to get to the registration, but got my RSVP in.

Last edited:
Just RSVP'd!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
I was thinking Gravity might not actually end up being called Gravity in the end. It was the project name, not necessarily the car's name. But "force of nature" clearly suggests Gravity will be previewed, at least.

Still wondering what the "new" thing about the Air will be? All variants being in production will be the obvious thing to announce. But I wonder what else they will have to say?

This also confirms the “Beverly Hills” rumor that was reported yesterday.

Someone has to go to that and report back to us how all these cars look in person.

Well, that qualifies as something "new" for the Air. WTF? Many of us have already configured our cars. Are they going to reach out and ask us if we want a bigger battery?

Sure looks like it. I'm strongly considering it to be honest. I think some folks always thought Touring having the same range as Pure didn't make much sense. This is Lucid's answer and a way to generate more cash for the Touring builds. My guess is with the larger battery, Touring range will be in the mid 400's with HP pushing the 700's. They can charge more money for the batteries since range is the money maker.

Last edited:
Also, is it me, or does the Pure in the pic on that press release look a bit bluish? I suppose it could be lighting and Cosmos Silver creating that illusion. But looks blue to me.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 12.29.34 PM.png

Also, is it me, or does the Pure in the pic on that press release look a bit bluish? I suppose it could be lighting and Cosmos Silver creating that illusion. But looks blue to me.

View attachment 6328
That's probably a new color. That is way too blue to be anything but a new color. Maybe exclusive to Pure?

Last edited:
That's probably a new color. That is why too blue to be anything but a new color. Maybe exclusive to Pure.
That would be cool, actually. An exclusive color for Pure. Why not? And metallic baby blue can be very nice. I've seen Mercedes execute that quite well.

Apologies team - I believe this is incorrect and will be rectified shortly.
Umm... BOOOOOOOOO I would strongly consider a larger battery.

Umm... BOOOOOOOOO I would strongly consider a larger battery.
I'd be torn. Bigger battery would mean losing that back footwell advantage. It was one of the smaller things preventing me from upgrading to a GT. More range is always tempting, but rear seat comfort can be important on long road trips. And given it would likely cost at least a few $k, a bigger battery would get Touring a little too close to a GT price wise to make sense.

I could see them offering it eventually, though.

Back