Lucid Launch Event

Ok Cali folks, spill the beans on the Touring features. It’s been a few hours…. :impatiently waves arms around:
No massage seat, I'm sure @borski will upload the picture he took shortly.

The HP numbers for Pure and Touring make sense to me. I never expected them to be the same. Not sure why anyone else did.

Spend more money, get more hp. From a marketing perspective, having Pure AWD at the same hp as Touring makes no sense.
Why is that? Touring will come will leather seats and powered frank, standard 19” wheel, and more options to chose from. Many of us are asking about the concept, how come same battery pack and motors can deliver less HP and range?

I still think it's a mistake to not include Highway Assist as standard. I'm surprised that Auto Park is standard but not Highway Assist. I would have thought that Auto Park could be a DDP feature. When looking at the description DDP features are pretty scarce, Highway Assist and 360 Camera with everything else promised with a one liner "future OTA" verbiage.
Same here. How can they compete with others without having the lane centering feature included in the Dream Drive and not in the Pro. There is no need for the LiDAR to have lane centering!

From my reading of the Lucid site, I believe that the Pure AWD will be 480 hp, and the RWD will be "less."
That was also my interpretation. However when I put in my order for a RWD Pure it was stated as 480 hp. I called Lucid to verify and after the CS rep went to confirm he came back and said the RWD will be 480 hp. This was after the Pure reveal. After which I asked if the only difference is AWD and he replied yes. I had spoken to another Lucid rep who told me that he himself was buying a RWD and that since I live in Florida don’t bother with AWD. Todays “reveal” was vague regarding RWD hp to say the least. Personally, I do not appreciate being kept in the dark like this. I may just hold onto my Polestar 2 which I bought as an interim EV. It is dual motor and a blast to drive. Also highway assist. I think Lucid may be dropping the ball here…close to false advertising.

900BD6AA-D22C-4C52-8D1E-80CAE20B9F6D.jpeg
15B31A1C-8F1A-48D5-8C9F-0B397F1C941D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5710154E-1A06-4D11-9936-8B9DBD4C4C56.jpeg
    5710154E-1A06-4D11-9936-8B9DBD4C4C56.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 199
  • 97206F4A-5C6C-4E06-859E-594A53384AB5.jpeg
    97206F4A-5C6C-4E06-859E-594A53384AB5.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 208
The leather on the seats definitely looks different than the dash

How did the head height feel?
The leather all felt great. I hear what people were saying with the textured leather but it’s definitely still a premium leather.

Zero issues with the head height.

The leather all felt great. I hear what people were saying with the textured leather but it’s definitely still a premium leather.

Zero issues with the head height.
Your overall impressions of the Touring having seen it up close and in person?

That was also my interpretation. However when I put in my order for a RWD Pure it was stated as 480 hp. I called Lucid to verify and after the CS rep went to confirm he came back and said the RWD will be 480 hp. This was after the Pure reveal. After which I asked if the only difference is AWD and he replied yes. I had spoken to another Lucid rep who told me that he himself was buying a RWD and that since I live in Florida don’t bother with AWD. Todays “reveal” was vague regarding RWD hp to say the least. Personally, I do not appreciate being kept in the dark like this. I may just hold onto my Polestar 2 which I bought as an interim EV. It is dual motor and a blast to drive. Also highway assist. I think Lucid may be dropping the ball here…close to false advertising.
Like an idiot, I PRINTED out my agreement to purchase the Air Pure RWD and left it in Massachusetts. I am in Florida right now, so I don't have the specs or the agreement in front of me. However, if you look at the current configurator, it states that the Lucid Air Pure is available in AWD or RWD and UP TO 480hp. I believe that the language on the Lucid site has changed since I placed my reservation in May, and converted it to an order in August.

Last edited:
1 motor vs 2 means less horsepower... Unless Lucid uses a higher performance motor in the Pure than the Touring, which I doubt.
What is RWD HP on the Pure?

They are without a doubt SW limiting HP on the Pure. The website and rep always said RWD was 480HP and TBD on AWD. Now they say AWD is 480HP, so RWD is also 480HP?

Price of GT almost = price of 2 Pure.
What a bargain! (despite price entry point)

If you consider Kia EV6 GT and Tesla M3P starting at 63k + options and Tesla MS at 105k + options. Air Pure is tremendous value play given so much space and range dwarf other EVs.

Hope that I am wrong. But, until I see something contradicting my belief in writing, I will remain skeptical. I can wait until the cars start shipping. If need be, I'll take a $300 loss.

Your overall impressions of the Touring having seen it up close and in person?
It’s very, very nice. To be honest, I prefer the Pure interior, but only because I think it’s a bit cleaner with fewer materials. The textured leather is definitely a very soft leather though, not plasticky at all.

Thanks for this. Really appreciate those pics and now I'm really grappling what to do here. What were your impressions of the different cloth material used here as well? The cloth in the GT looks and feels premium and this wider weave almost looks like burlap in those pics.

I couldn’t tell the difference. My wife said she could and it felt a little rougher but it wasn’t a massive difference. Certainly not burlap.

Is that lighting or does the bottom of the door half white/brown down the middle
Just the lighting.

Back