Lucid Launch Event

The HP numbers for Pure and Touring make sense to me. I never expected them to be the same. Not sure why anyone else did.

Spend more money, get more hp. From a marketing perspective, having Pure AWD at the same hp as Touring makes no sense.

The HP numbers for Pure and Touring make sense to me. I never expected them to be the same. Not sure why anyone else did.

Spend more money, get more hp. From a marketing perspective, having Pure AWD at the same hp as Touring makes no sense.
Did folks think the HP numbers were the same? Lucid has always stated Touring HP was 620 and 480 for Pure. I think the confusion was with the range of each being 406 for both listed on their website.

Did folks think the HP numbers were the same? Lucid has always stated Touring HP was 620 and 480 for Pure. I think the confusion was with the range of each being 406 for both listed on their website.
the confusion was whether 480 was meant for the Single Motor version of Pure, which was the only one listed for a while, or for the Dual Motor AWD Pure, which technically wasn't official until more recently. They didn't add an option for Dual Motor AWD Pure until more recently.

There has been a lot of speculation that the 480 for Pure referrered only to RWD. And that AWD would have the same 620 of the Touring. Because they have the same two motors, so they should have equal output. But the GT also has the same two motors and puts out much more, so of course that argument didn’t hold water.

The site now says "Sorry, registration for early access to this event has closed" for whatever that actually means.
I FINALLY got a link ... wonder how different this will be vs the YouTube stream??

Website is not updated. Anyway Pure up to 480HP indicates that RWD is less. Too much confusion was created on the website.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-15 9.45.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-15 9.45.41 AM.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 86
Why is Touring more efficient than Pure? Would it be the glass canopy roof being more slippery so that the drag coefficient is lower? Or it's just a marketing techniques to lure us to spend more?

Website is not updated. Anyway Pure up to 480HP indicates that RWD is less. Too much confusion was created on the website.
For folks who reserved Pure last year, this sounds like they are under delivering.

dammit - this event is just making me want this car even more!!! I'm so hyped. thinking i need to upgrade to Touring so i can just get the darn thing sooner.

I thought we were going to see delivery of the first Touring from the Beverly Hills location? The presentation ended kinda abruptly after the Gravity teaser.

I thought we were going to see delivery of the first Touring from the Beverly Hills location? The presentation ended kinda abruptly after the Gravity teaser.
It said in the release that the first delivery of Touring would take place this evening in Beverly Hills. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the video "starting today....." but also don't know how long ago this was shot so they may not have had a delivery idea at the time of filming.

Back