Lucid is missing out in big Houston market

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
I’ve seen Tesla in high end mall and delivery centers on busy streets, Tesla cars are popping out more and more. Lucid has yet put up a gallery show room in Houston as #4 largest population city. What a miss!!!
90674892-6D4E-433A-97D0-8533345B6A99.jpeg
5F2E780A-96D1-4CC6-99AC-7FF4EC362A26.png

Is it possible Tesla got a pass for building Giga Austin? Aren't direct sales still banned in Texas?

Is it possible Tesla got a pass for building Giga Austin? Aren't direct sales still banned in Texas?
Yes, direct sales are still banned in TX.

As long as buying online. Polestar has retail show room tops Tesla has PC browsers in stores.

True but I'm sure a few greased palms could make it so Lucid doesn't get approval to open in TX, if ya catch my drift...

I don’t really understand the so-called “ban” on direct sales in TX. If Tesla can have a “delivery center” they are obviously selling cars in the state. I guess it’s just a matter of processing payment out of state? Or does it just mean the DTC companies cannot take the initial order at showrooms (or “galleries”)?

Lucid is also “selling” cars in Texas right? I.e. @Tesla2.0, you received your car in TX? If so, Presumably under TX law they could open and many “galleries” and “delivery centers” as they like in TX as long as gallery staff don’t log orders (but rather direct the customer to place order on website).

Tesla is having 3-4 delivery centers in Houston alone. They have show rooms in many areas of Texas, when you walk in, they don’t take your order, they only advice you to buy online. I know bc I tried.

I received my AGT from delivery center in Houston which is in same strip few doors down from Tesla Delivery Center. I think it’s smart, sort of like McDonald and Burger King always in the same intersections for brand recognition and alternative suggestion. I got my title transferred from Arizona.

I think Lucid is missing out big time in Texas.
Lucid California Studio - 9, Texas - 0
Polestar California Studio - 5, Texas - 3

Here is from their Q2 2022 report…
“The Swedish company, Polestar delivered approximately 21,200 cars in the first six months of 2022, more than doubling deliveries from 9,510 cars in the same period in 2021 – an increase of almost 125%.” Obviously, China factories have no supply chain constraints. But strategically, they leveraged from Volvo brand recognition. Having show rooms and allowing possibility for test drive is so important for sale.

True but I'm sure a few greased palms could make it so Lucid doesn't get approval to open in TX, if ya catch my drift...
Possibly….
It was announcers they got an space in Uptown Galleria mall and was posted in Lucid site, now I don’t see that location in upcoming Lucid site.

Have told my SA and DA the same thing about Austin (that they have a huge opportunity). Teslas everywhere and starting to see a lot more Rivians...

The Plano studio is supposed to open this fall though...

People don’t know about this brand. So many clueless people! Even for German brands drivers approached me and asked if that is latest Tesla model. I told them no, it’s just a license plate.
4A9B83BE-F694-47B0-8BD2-2EEE3763D325.jpeg

People don’t know about this brand. So many clueless people! Even for German brands drivers approached me and asked if that is latest Tesla model. I told them no, it’s just a license plate.View attachment 4459
I'm sure you've posted before, but did you decide to go with the front license plate or not?

I'm sure you've posted before, but did you decide to go with the front license plate or not?
I didn’t put front license plate. But I do have that plate in my glove compartment in case I get stopped.

Think that's my plan as well. Pretty funny, I find myself checking cars in the Austin area now, and best guess, I'd say 1 of out 3 don't have a front plate anymore...

Back