lo-fi homelink solution

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
I got fed up with all the clicking and pressing necessary to activate homelink (esp while reversing) so, while I had the double-sided tape out to install the charging pucks, I went with this rather more old-school solution ... it's pretty unobtrusive, and if they eventually sort the software it's eminently reversible:

IMG_6922.jpeg
IMG_6923.jpeg

I got fed up with all the clicking and pressing necessary to activate homelink (esp while reversing) so, while I had the double-sided tape out to install the charging pucks, I went with this rather more old-school solution ... it's pretty unobtrusive, and if they eventually sort the software it's eminently reversible:

View attachment 11749View attachment 11750
So, you need to retract the pilot panel… two taps… then press the garage door opener. A total of three taps. Not much different than the built in version. But if makes you happy that’s what counts.

Nope - there’s enough of a gap to just reach in there and hit the button on the opener without needing to retract the panel :)

That’s a clever place to put them. Easy to access and you don’t have to look at them. My Homelink works well, but if it stops that is where I’ll place my clickers.

What's wrong with the good old visor clicker location?

Figured this was a little neater ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's wrong with the good old visor clicker location?
That's where I have mine. I haven't set up Homelink yet. The only problem with the visor is that unlike a car with a roof, the metal clip on the back of the my clicker, is right on the glass canopy. I wasn't sure if that would scratch the glass when I lowered and raised the visor, but the sound of it clicking on contact made me uneasy. I ended up wrapping clip on the back of the clicker with black pipe cleaners, so it's now a soft surface contact.

That's where I have mine. I haven't set up Homelink yet. The only problem with the visor is that unlike a car with a roof, the metal clip on the back of the my clicker, is right on the glass canopy. I wasn't sure if that would scratch the glass when I lowered and raised the visor, but the sound of it clicking on contact made me uneasy. I ended up wrapping clip on the back of the clicker with black pipe cleaners, so it's now a soft surface contact.
You can turn the clip around and clip the clicker on the inside of the visor instead of the edge closest to your head.

Back