Update to wireless charging adapter for "max" phones

DolphinTale

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, 911 Turbo S Cab
Taking a cue from @Bobby's fix for the wireless charging adapter with the "max" phones, my son put his mouse to screen and came up with an updated design that doesn't require any sort of semi-permanent attachment via double-faced tape. The design he came up with with work in either the existing wireless charging slot or the right slot as the adapter has channels for the wire to exit either side. In addition, the mag-safe charging puck recesses completely into the adapter making it flush with the front of the phone slot in the Lucid center console. I have been using it for the past few days and with a mag-safe case on my iPhone Pro Max, it doesn't move and charges easily. A standard size phone works as well though the bottom of the device will float off the floor of the center console, but still secure assuming you have a bare phone (no case) or mag-safe case is used. I am attaching the links to both the design file (requires a 3D printer), and the mag-safe puck used (same as the one used in @Bobby's design). Happy to answer any questions though unfortunately I am not able to reproduce them as my printer went with my son back to school.

Hope some of you find it as useful as I do. Thanks @Bobby for the inspiration (and giving my son something to do over the Thanksgiving break. LOL)

Lucid Wireless Charging Adapter

THREEKEY Wireless Magnetic Charger 15W

Screenshot 2022-11-28 110003.png
Screenshot 2022-11-28 110116.png
Screenshot 2022-11-28 110036.png

So, does your phone touch the bottom?
I have an iPhone 12 PRO Max, but I destroyed 2 Apple mag-safe cases and switched to an Otterbox (still works, but isn't as strong and tends to fall off due to weight). If your design touches the ground, perhaps gravity won't work against me and the magnet may be strong enough to hold it in place.

thanks

So, does your phone touch the bottom?
I have an iPhone 12 PRO Max, but I destroyed 2 Apple mag-safe cases and switched to an Otterbox (still works, but isn't as strong and tends to fall off due to weight). If your design touches the ground, perhaps gravity won't work against me and the magnet may be strong enough to hold it in place.

thanks

Yes. It was designed so that the bottom of my phone rests on the rubber lip at the bottom of the center console. I should note that I am using a $20 generic mag-safe case I got off of Amazon and not any official Apple product.

Last edited:
One minor change, it might be better to make the pathway for the cord to go down at an angle so the cord doesn't get pinched against the wall, assuming it's that close.

Awesome iteration.

Great idea! Will add it to the "to-do" list for a future iteration. It would solve the problem of the wire getting it the way of the other slot as well, though space is limited given the divider between the slots. Thank you!

Taking a cue from @Bobby's fix for the wireless charging adapter with the "max" phones, my son put his mouse to screen and came up with an updated design that doesn't require any sort of semi-permanent attachment via double-faced tape. The design he came up with with work in either the existing wireless charging slot or the right slot as the adapter has channels for the wire to exit either side. In addition, the mag-safe charging puck recesses completely into the adapter making it flush with the front of the phone slot in the Lucid center console. I have been using it for the past few days and with a mag-safe case on my iPhone Pro Max, it doesn't move and charges easily. A standard size phone works as well though the bottom of the device will float off the floor of the center console, but still secure assuming you have a bare phone (no case) or mag-safe case is used. I am attaching the links to both the design file (requires a 3D printer), and the mag-safe puck used (same as the one used in @Bobby's design). Happy to answer any questions though unfortunately I am not able to reproduce them as my printer went with my son back to school.

Hope some of you find it as useful as I do. Thanks @Bobby for the inspiration (and giving my son something to do over the Thanksgiving break. LOL)

View attachment 7103View attachment 7105View attachment 7104
Nice. The angled wire cutout is a good idea. But looks solid.

View attachment 7103View attachment 7105View attachment 7104
I really like what you have done here, especially with the recessed charger. The reason the original design is a wedge shape is twofold: one, the user can better see the phone from the car seat, and two, so the rolltop can still close while the phone is in place. Perhaps we can find some sort of design that meets all the goals?

Moderator Bobby‘s fix for the folks who are having difficulty with the Lucid Air’s wireless phone charger Was extremely clever.

His wedge improved the angle the phone rests at and gives a surface to attach a magnetic MagSafe compatible puck charger.

I’ve designed a couple of versions of it and posted it to thingiverse for those of you folks who have 3D printers. Like Dolphintale’s adapter these fit into the existing clamp so they are secure in terms of position. But some may prefer the angle of these as they make the screen more viewable.

This one works best for larger phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charging Dock by jonnee - Thingiverse

And this works best for smaller phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charger Wedge by jonnee - Thingiverse

Thanks again, Bobby!

Back