Issue with Closing Garage from homelink - anyone experienced this?

vkb

Cars
GT
I have been running into a rather peculiar issue while closing the garage door from my AGT homelink. While taking the car out of the garage, if I press homelink (once on driveway) and continue reversing, the garage door stops closing and detect an interference - while none exists. If I park the car on the driveway and then press homelink to close the garage, the door closes properly. Called service, they said the LiDAR is probably interfering with the garage safety beam and which causes the garage to detect an interference. They asked me to move the garage safety beam sensors to about 4 inch from ground which I did, but there is no change in behavior. If i take the car to the street and turn away from the garage door (LiDar is facing the street), and then press homelink, it closes fine. So it seems like LiDAR is interfering somehow. Has anybody run into this?

Interesting, maybe you can add a sheet metal shield to the garage door safety beam receiver side. I once found that direct morning sunlight was interfering with one of mine - fixed it by replacing the old receiver. Either they had improved the design, or the old one had a capacitor going bad.

Interesting, I haven't experienced this. I reverse my car into the garage and close the door using the wall panel button so the Lidar is facing outwards and doesn't trigger the sensors at all (unless the Lidar is off when the car is in park). I don't have any issues when leaving the house but obviously the front of the car is facing the street though.

It seems unclear still if the Lidar is being used at all, versus only being activated once DreamDrive Pro is out. Otherwise I would assume that there would be no reason for a Lidar to be pulsing out laser beams when a car is in park… but 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have been running into a rather peculiar issue while closing the garage door from my AGT homelink. While taking the car out of the garage, if I press homelink (once on driveway) and continue reversing, the garage door stops closing and detect an interference - while none exists. If I park the car on the driveway and then press homelink to close the garage, the door closes properly. Called service, they said the LiDAR is probably interfering with the garage safety beam and which causes the garage to detect an interference. They asked me to move the garage safety beam sensors to about 4 inch from ground which I did, but there is no change in behavior. If i take the car to the street and turn away from the garage door (LiDar is facing the street), and then press homelink, it closes fine. So it seems like LiDAR is interfering somehow. Has anybody run into th
I have been running into a rather peculiar issue while closing the garage door from my AGT homelink. While taking the car out of the garage, if I press homelink (once on driveway) and continue reversing, the garage door stops closing and detect an interference - while none exists. If I park the car on the driveway and then press homelink to close the garage, the door closes properly. Called service, they said the LiDAR is probably interfering with the garage safety beam and which causes the garage to detect an interference. They asked me to move the garage safety beam sensors to about 4 inch from ground which I did, but there is no change in behavior. If i take the car to the street and turn away from the garage door (LiDar is facing the street), and then press homelink, it closes fine. So it seems like LiDAR is interfering somehow. Has anybody run into this?
I have experienced this issue. But you were able to get more information than me - I had no idea it could have something to do with LIDAR. that is very interesting.

You could find out by taping a piece of cardboard over the lidar aperture and seeing if the problem persists.
Personally I'm not capitalizing lidar any more. I remember the days of capitalizing LASER and MASER. I imagine people did with RADAR as well.

I have experienced this issue. But you were able to get more information than me - I had no idea it could have something to do with LIDAR. that is very interesting.
good to know. no fun being the only one :) . The problem still persists, last time I spoke to service, they said this ticket is with Lucid engineering now (been with them since early June). no updates or progress. I was told to use the garage opener- seems like going back 7 years when we stopped carrying it the car. Hopefully it becomes a priority and gets addressed.

I have another issue with the HL control: when exiting the garage, with the car out of the garage, the howling icon does not appear Automatically. I need to click on the icon, then, after a time lag, the icon appears as part of the profile and that needs to be clicked. do you all experience this “sequence”?

I have another issue with the HL control: when exiting the garage, with the car out of the garage, the howling icon does not appear Automatically. I need to click on the icon, then, after a time lag, the icon appears as part of the profile and that needs to be clicked. do you all experience this “sequence”?
Yea, this is the main complaint of Homelink is when leaving. Your experience is the norm, poor design!

The LiDAR interference doesn’t make sense to me because we would have multiple reports of this issue. The only problem I have is the same as Hydbob in that the icons don’t appear automatically when entering or exiting and you have to go into the menu to activate the control.

I have experienced this as well. Furthermore, after all of the steps you mentioned in your post, the camera is no longer avail. when go thru all the steps, the camera is off, and you have to activate it again if you need it.

I have the same problem with trying to close the garage door after reversing out of the garage. I have to stop - turn off the camera - turn on the Homelink button and then close the garage door.
More interesting problem tonight when I added my wife's profile. The Homelink does not transfer the garage door settings automatically even though we have the same home address. I could not for the life of me add the garage door to her profile. But because I was resetting the Learn button, I have now lost the garage door opener on my own profile.....

I have the same problem with trying to close the garage door after reversing out of the garage. I have to stop - turn off the camera - turn on the Homelink button and then close the garage door.
More interesting problem tonight when I added my wife's profile. The Homelink does not transfer the garage door settings automatically even though we have the same home address. I could not for the life of me add the garage door to her profile. But because I was resetting the Learn button, I have now lost the garage door opener on my own profile.....
Homelink needs to be set for EVERY profile...totally sucks, but that's apparently part of the security function in AAOS.

Homelink needs to be set for EVERY profile...totally sucks, but that's apparently part of the security function in AAOS.
So now we have a good old remote control garage door opener in the car!! ...so much for technology. Suggest Profiles for seat/mirror adjustments only and keep other things like Homelink, common (especially if the home address is the same)- hopefully they can be copied from one profile to another. And get rid of the office address - or at least make it optional to put it in.

So now we have a good old remote control garage door opener in the car!! ...so much for technology. Suggest Profiles for seat/mirror adjustments only and keep other things like Homelink, common (especially if the home address is the same)- hopefully they can be copied from one profile to another. And get rid of the office address - or at least make it optional to put it in.
Tell customer care. The more people tell them about the same issue, the higher it moves up on the priority list.

Yes. I was told from the Mobile service person that if you add the Homelink to a second profile, it deletes it from the first. For that reason, I have not added it to my wife’s profile yet.

Yes. I was told from the Mobile service person that if you add the Homelink to a second profile, it deletes it from the first. For that reason, I have not added it to my wife’s profile yet.
Must have got lucky because both my wife and I loaded Honelink to our profiles. Both profiles work flawlessly.

This is not correct. You can add Homelink to a second profile without any issues. I have it set up that way on my profile and also on my wife's profile.

Soooo obvious

Looks like I let the Delivery Agent get away before he was truly done. Time to go figure out how to add the garage door to my wife's profile...

Back