• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Let's talk about the Air's interior compared to competing luxury cars

The last station wagon I owned was an Audi S6. Great car (although no third row). However, I won't be buying another ICE vehicle and would love to see a credible station wagon EV hit the market.
Same here but I have a feeling in the US we will be waiting a long time! No one seems to think wagons are worth the effort to sell here which is strange as the resale values of MB, BMW, Audi wagons have been way stronger than their sedan equivalents for years.

Same here but I have a feeling in the US we will be waiting a long time! No one seems to think wagons are worth the effort to sell here which is strange as the resale values of MB, BMW, Audi wagons have been way stronger than their sedan equivalents for years.
The station wagon (all we ever had when I was a kid) seems to have gotten lost between the minivan and the SUV

The station wagon (all we ever had when I was a kid) seems to have gotten lost between the minivan and the SUV
That is why I got an Audi allroad five years ago. Remarkably capable suspension and drivetrain, although I want an EV so ordered an AGT. the allroad design is still distinctive, I believe, especially in full paint.

How many people didn’t go look at the car before confirming? I’m astounded by the folks complaining about the lack of luxuriousness of the vehicle. This is $150k give or take depending on the model. Did folks not take test drives or go to a center to check out the car before dropping this kind of $$? I know some people are very far from these places - so show some patience and wait until you can go look at it before spending this kind of money and then complaining because the glass roof is unbearable, or the interior doesn’t look like a video game arcade EQS. $150k is an astounding amount of money for a car. I don’t know why people are complaining - you bought it?
My gf made me go take a test drive and sit in the car before actually going through with the purchase - I would’ve lost my deposit, but a small price to pay if I decided I didn’t like it. And I for one, absolutely love the interior. I think they nailed it.

How many people didn’t go look at the car before confirming? I’m astounded by the folks complaining about the lack of luxuriousness of the vehicle. This is $150k give or take depending on the model. Did folks not take test drives or go to a center to check out the car before dropping this kind of $$? I know some people are very far from these places - so show some patience and wait until you can go look at it before spending this kind of money and then complaining because the glass roof is unbearable, or the interior doesn’t look like a video game arcade EQS. $150k is an astounding amount of money for a car. I don’t know why people are complaining - you bought it?
My gf made me go take a test drive and sit in the car before actually going through with the purchase - I would’ve lost my deposit, but a small price to pay if I decided I didn’t like it. And I for one, absolutely love the interior. I think they nailed it.
My deposit, for a Pure, is pretty insignificant. But my sales advisor told me that I could do a test drive before confirming if I so desired.

The last station wagon I owned was an Audi S6. Great car (although no third row). However, I won't be buying another ICE vehicle and would love to see a credible station wagon EV hit the market.

Your wish is my command

Last edited:
The EPA gas mileage standards are killing larger ICE vehicles and it looks to get worse.

I think both eqs and Air both have fantastic interiors but most definitely targeting different buyers. Eqs is very much imo for old money and classic elegance. Lucid on the other hand have defined a more modern luxury. It's very much like those who likes classical paintings vs modern art. Having seen both I have serious concerns about the eqs hyper screen. Imo Mercedes has made a major technical faux pas with over the top and unnecessary high resolution of the screens. It requires some heavy duty graphics processor that I suspect the eqs does not have. A card that would be needed to properly drive 3 screens simultaneously requires a lot of power and serious thermal management. Seeing the on screen interaction there is either a problem with the software (which can be fixed) or more likely the car lacks the graphics chops which so far is what it looks like to me. Objects being dragged on the screen feels much too slow.

I agree that the air GT and touring should be less. I don’t see the value. But we will know more when the exact specs come out.

I think the pure is an absolute steal. For 77k you get superior range and fast charging to a model y.

I agree that the air GT and touring should be less. I don’t see the value.

I don't think the upper-trim Airs are meant to be priced as value propositions. They are priced to generate margin from "must have" buyers to fund future development. It is the same approach Tesla took with the original Model S, which Elon Musk (in one of his increasingly rare moments of honesty) publicly announced was priced to fund future development of other models.

Of course, Musk has not yet been able to deliver on his promise of a value-priced car in the mid-$30K range, except for a couple of months in 2018 for buyers who figured out how to end-run the online ordering system. Instead, Tesla pricing is going the other way throughout the model line. The cheapest Tesla you can order now (a white single-motor Model 3) is $46,990.

I don't think the upper-trim Airs are meant to be priced as value propositions. They are priced to generate margin from "must have" buyers to fund future development. It is the same approach Tesla took with the original Model S, which Elon Musk (in one of his increasingly rare moments of honesty) publicly announced was priced to fund future development of other models.

Of course, Musk has not yet been able to deliver on his promise of a value-priced car in the mid-$30K range, except for a couple of months in 2018 for buyers who figured out how to end-run the online ordering system. Instead, Tesla pricing is going the other way throughout the model line. The cheapest Tesla you can order now (a white single-motor Model 3) is $46,990.
True, Peter specifically said the same thing at the factory commissioning where he thanked the Dream buyers for helping to fund the Pure.

Thd
😍that is sex on whee
😍that is sex on wheels
The SUV versions looks like a dog to me---but the sedan? If it were available today at Lucid price point --- no contest

I think you're spot-on here. But the big Q is how many GTs have actually been ordered, and therefor how much "excess margin" will they generate?

LCID has to be hemorrhaging cash right now given slow production, and what must be an unanticipated level of warranty/service work. The next earnings call should be revealing if the right questions are asked.

From their resumes, most of the board members look like industry heavyweights. Let's hope they aren't Peter enablers. The Edmund's review, the Insider article and the epidemic of glitches in what seems like every delivered car...maybe too soon to call it a crisis, but they need to change course.

The $35,000 Model 3 was actually available for over a year even though it was only on the website 2 months. All you had to do was call or visit a showroom. I pondered it for a long time but decided to wait for something better!

That model with something like 230 miles range goes used on Carvana for $45k these days…nutty

They keep them all in Europe. I saw lots of them in Portugal the last couple of weeks.

Bingo! That's why I personally feel a HUD in a car is a big waste. The only thing I'd want but probably won't in my lifetime is FLIR superimposition.
There is a difference between fighting a battle in the air at supersonic speeds and driving a car. Personally, I love having a HUD.

There is a difference between fighting a battle in the air at supersonic speeds and driving a car. Personally, I love having a HUD.
+1 for HUD. That said, as a touring reservation holder the biggest disappointment for me is that there is no way to option in the nicer massaging seats… in a 100k+ car (with all the other options).

+1 for HUD. That said, as a touring reservation holder the biggest disappointment for me is that there is no way to option in the nicer massaging seats… in a 100k+ car (with all the other options).

Maybe I'm missing something, what is HUD going to display that you want?

Back