LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to the call yet, have they discussed how many have shipped to the EU? Have they shipped anything besides demo cars?
700 knock down kits to Saudi. Cars for both the government and private parties. However they would not disclose the distribution of them, and when pressed for whether or not another shipment would go in Q4, they dodged the question.

If you are asking about built cars, to other Europeans counties, I didn't hear anything but at the same time I was distracted doing other things.

The did try to address the articles floating around about the $300K loss per car, and how it is a total misrepresentation. Peter was very quick to defend the drop in stock price, almost as if it hit a nerve. Probably because of all the hit pieces regarding his compensation. Lots of talk around the success of their cost reduction.

Overall, they are making progress. But they are continually going to be punished for their overly optimistic projections from over a year ago.

Best way to DCA!

If it makes you feel better, I'm more than 2x that.

I have almost 25,000 shares at an averaged cost basis of $20.54.

For some odd reason, today's stock plunge induced me to decide to try to jump on a Gravity Dream Edition. Maybe like last call at the bar? So I called Lucid Sales to see if I could get any information about whether the Dream Gravity would be a limited run and when reservations would open up. I tried three different phone numbers: the Lucid HQ Sales Team, the U.S. Sales number on the Lucid website, and the direct line of a sales rep who had been corresponding with me about a Sapphire a while back. All three calls rolled to voicemail, and they didn't roll instantly as if the lines were busy. The numbers rang for quite a while, as if there was no one around to pick up.

As Amelia Earhart once asked, "where is everybody?"

Who’s buying the dip again? Looks like we’re headed to the $3.50 level.

For some odd reason, today's stock plunge induced me to decide to try to jump on a Gravity Dream Edition. Maybe like last call at the bar? So I called Lucid Sales to see if I could get any information about whether the Dream Gravity would be a limited run and when reservations would open up. I tried three different phone numbers: the Lucid HQ Sales Team, the U.S. Sales number on the Lucid website, and the direct line of a sales rep who had been corresponding with me about a Sapphire a while back. All three calls rolled to voicemail, and they didn't roll instantly as if the lines were busy. The numbers rang for quite a while, as if there was no one around to pick up.

They won't answer any questions about Gravity until after the reveal. So maybe try back then, but yes weird...

Oof you win. 🤣 Off the cuff I'm sitting around 18k @ $12-13.

Soon I'll be calling Peter and begging to volunteer. Gotta get in there and put some elbow grease in.

They won't answer any questions about Gravity until after the reveal. So maybe try back then, but yes weird...

I just got a callback from the sales rep with whom I had earlier talked about the Sapphire. She said that the sales team has not yet been told when reservations will open up or what the trim levels and pricing will be.

I find it odd that a company that is seeing such depressed sales levels would not be taking reservations by now, at least for the Dream Edition which, I assume, will be a limited run.

I just got a callback from the sales rep with whom I had earlier talked about the Sapphire. She said that the sales team has not yet been told when reservations will open up or what the trim levels and pricing will be.

I find it odd that a company that is seeing such depressed sales levels would not be taking reservations by now, at least for the Dream Edition which, I assume, will be a limited run.
It really comes down to, they can't say anything until after the public reveal.

Tempting to buy some at that price. I don’t own any. Would think it can‘t go any lower, but who knows.
Even if it did fall more, I dont think there is much to lose. I see lucid as a 5-10 year play.

Reactions: DBV
It really comes down to, they can't say anything until after the public reveal.

I understand their not being authorized to say anything yet. But she said that even the sales people haven't been told yet. That's what I found odd.

It's just so different from when the Air launched, with reservations taken literally years before final specs, trim levels, and pricing were revealed. I just wonder why the strategy changed. Is it because Lucid is hoping that, by holding off reservations, they can encourage people to take the 18-month lease deal on an Air as a bridge to getting a Gravity?

I understand their not being authorized to say anything yet. But she said that even the sales people haven't been told yet. That's what I found odd.
I think that they do know, they just won't disclose anything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it did fall more, I dont think there is much to lose. I see lucid as a 5-10 year play.

At today's price my stock broker wouldn't even have been able to place an initial order for me, as they have a $5 price floor.

Since you could lose no more than ~$4 per share, it might even be a good bet to buy to generate predictable capital losses for the worst-case scenario with the upside of some nice profits if the stock turns around.

At today's price my stock broker wouldn't even have been able to place an initial order for me, as they have a $5 price floor.

Since you could lose no more than ~$4 per share, it might even be a good bet to buy to generate predictable capital losses for the worst-case scenario with the upside of some nice profits if the stock turns around.
For me, even 4 a share is a big loss(if it went to 1 dollar from my price of 5.10, i'd lose around 1200 dollars, which for me is a big amount). However, I can see Lucid going to around 20-50 in the medium term and 80+ long term, which entices me to hold instead of taking even these "small" losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back