• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivian is also down ~3.5% right now although they just announced increased production figures. Margin problems, methinks.

Rivian is also down ~3.5% right now although they just announced increased production figures. Margin problems, methinks.
It did have a short spike shortly before that though, it just leveled out to monday-tuesday levels. They also opened their previously proprietary amazon vans to others, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Damn, I thought I was going big with 300 stocks at 5.10-5.50..
Money is relative. Being a teenager, I am surprised you "own" stock. Regardless...

The amount of hurt is directly correlated to the percentage of a drop or gain. $1 is not good but not atrocious either if base price is $50's. $1 at $4 though is a 25% loss. Ouch.

Feels like a double edged blade at this point. I have been eyeing entry for a while, but I honestly cannot see it improving until Gravity production. The reveal will be a spike at best if interpreted positively followed by a steady decline based on the stock history.

Money is relative. Being a teenager, I am surprised you "own" stock. Regardless...
Yes, many people do get surprised. My parents are my "stock brokers" here and I would not consider myself close to hardcore(only about 50 percent profits in 4 years of trading, granted the nvda/msft drop recently lowered that percent). All I do is choose the stocks and amount of my money I'd want towards it and they place the order. Legally, they own it.

I do agree with everything else you said. At this point, I will not be selling even if it drops "only" one dollar as the potential for profit is high to me. I also cannot lower my cost average down as all my funds have been allocated.

Tempting to buy some at that price. I don’t own any. Would think it can‘t go any lower, but who knows.
That's what I said at $8, then $7, then $6 ... you get my drift. It absolutely can go lower, but also depends on your conviction on the long term outlook of the company.

Reactions: DBV
For me, even 4 a share is a big loss(if it went to 1 dollar from my price of 5.10, i'd lose around 1200 dollars, which for me is a big amount). However, I can see Lucid going to around 20-50 in the medium term and 80+ long term, which entices me to hold instead of taking even these "small" losses.
How many years is your medium and long term?

Lucid is at $9B market cap now at $4. Rivian $16B and they're selling significantly more. Ford at $40B. BMW at $62B. Hard to see Lucid coming back to $20 at $45B cap. At $30 it has to be bigger than BMW. Sorry but the only way they will reach $30+ per share is through reverse split.

Competition is only gonna get tougher. Lucid is staying in the niche luxury. They didn't announce any other car in development besides the Gravity.

Lucid is at $9B market cap now at $4. Rivian $16B and they're selling significantly more. Ford at $40B. BMW at $62B. Hard to see Lucid coming back to $20 at $45B cap. At $30 it has to be bigger than BMW. Sorry but the only way they will reach $30+ per share is through reverse split.

Competition is only gonna get tougher. Lucid is staying in the niche luxury. They didn't announce any other car in development besides the Gravity.
The mid-sized sedan is in early stages of development. They haven't put that in a press release, but Peter referred to it a number of times in videos. Which means it exists in sketches and maybe even some early clay models at this point.

It takes several years to design a new car. Now that Gravity is wrapped, the designers aren't likely twiddling their thumbs. I wouldn't be surprised if many meetings haven't already been held and goals set, etc.

The mid-sized sedan is in early stages of development. They haven't put that in a press release, but Peter referred to it a number of times in videos. Which means it exists in sketches and maybe even some early clay models at this point.

It takes several years to design a new car. Now that Gravity is wrapped, the designers aren't likely twiddling their thumbs. I wouldn't be surprised if many meetings haven't already been held and goals set, etc.
From the call it sounded like they are developing new drivetrain or a derivate of their current drivetrain for mid sized.

I hope that rather than designing mid-sized sedan, they are working on mid-sized cross over instead. Seems that this type of vehicle sells well in the US at least. Looking back at Tesla, they really took off when started offering $40k-$50K Model 3. This made the car more accessible to majority of people. Once Model Y was announced, I think it is where most people put their deposits down. All I am seeing now are Model Ys driving around Philly suburbs.

I'm sure they're designing something other than the Gravity, but I'm thinking once an official announcement is made it will take at least another 3 years before it releases.

I hope that rather than designing mid-sized sedan, they are working on mid-sized cross over instead. Seems that this type of vehicle sells well in the US at least. Looking back at Tesla, they really took off when started offering $40k-$50K Model 3. This made the car more accessible to majority of people. Once Model Y was announced, I think it is where most people put their deposits down. All I am seeing now are Model Ys driving around Philly suburbs.
Yup mid sized cross are popular.

4 and 8 respectively, midsize launch in 2026.

You said it yourself. Model 3 did quite well. (And still does.)

I wouldn't hope too much for a Model Y type mid-sized SUV just yet. All indicators are that a car will come first. And it will sell multiples more than Air or Gravity. Which is better for scaling their service department.

Only thing s those traditional car makers don't grow much. Maybe a few percentage a year in sales. There is a premium attached to non-traditional EV makers. One reasoning is the big push to go EV which will increase EV sales significantly. Tesla valuation is also absurd, but it looks like its holding up.

Only thing s those traditional car makers don't grow much. Maybe a few percentage a year in sales. There is a premium attached to non-traditional EV makers. One reasoning is the big push to go EV which will increase EV sales significantly. Tesla valuation is also absurd, but it looks like its holding up.
There is premium, but over time that will become less as traditional car makers start releasing more EVs. Very long term these non traditional EV makers will end up as just another car maker unless they have other products like Tesla's solar and battery storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back