• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID just went below $8

Remember they made shareholders approve if I recall 15 Billion authorized shares. They can dilute at will for years without giving a crap about shareholders and Saudi PIF OEM’s over 60% any way so they can come up with Sapphires to pander to the Prince or whoever.

They are definitely in trouble short time which is at least 3 years before it could recover and it will take them executing to perfection.
Disagree, they will make 2 billion in sales in 2023, more to follow in 2024 with the Gravity. They will dilute, but that is how growing companies fuel growth.You talk as if diluting is a big sin and reason not to invest. Don't listen to tesla famnboys and Ego Musk, they have their own motives for misleading. I'm ignoring all the BS and slowly adding to my investment in LCID! Almost doubled my original number of shares.

The car is the best luxury EV out there, and with PIF backing, factory expansion, no brainer to invest now!

Just sold all my stocks including the LCID I bought at $8.02. Sold at $7.51. 100% cash now. I'm sensing more panic selling the coming few days or weeks. AXSM been up for a good month, low volume has started, options expiring tomorrow.. doing now swing trading on that and will rebuy near EOY or low 70's.

Will rebuy LCID at $6.5 if it drops that low.
Mmmm. trying to time the bottom is silly in my world. But probably not in yours.

Mmmm. trying to time the bottom is silly in my world. But probably not in yours.
I don't disagree. Timing the bottom is silly. I'm not really timing the bottom. More so I could take some nice vacation from stocks. I would keep the LCID if I didnt sell all my other stocks.

I know SUVs are all the rage. But it's worth noting Tesla sells a boatload of Model 3 still. More than enough to keep Lucid afloat. And it would be way easier to keep costs down and efficiency high for a sedan than a small SUV. They'd be able to get a sedan out the door faster, in other words, at the right price point and specs. If you ask me, that's how I'd do it..
This AM I watched an interview where Peter explains the strategy. All of you investors should watch it. Now where is it??
This is a long play. (that said, I more than doubled my investment in a month (yes I sold half) because I am very very lucky.
Why didn't you people sell half when it soared above $40, let alone $50 ? Greedy bastards. Yes it's a long play, but don't forget the objective is buy low sell high lots of people forget to do the second part.

I strongly recommend good luck.
Why so many others on this forum do not also realize this about themselves is confusing to me.
LMAO. Me too. I don't even have a college degree, but I recently made a killing in oil pipelines (ET) and pharmaceuticals (MRK). The secret is dumb luck. I don't know doodle about investing. Here's a secret: when Jim Cramer said Netflix is a loser (after it split off it's pricing) at $50...dead... I bought a bunch. Nobody knows shit. Recently we hired a pro (I've always done my own taxes. Wow am I stupid. Does anyone else know that rich people really don't pay taxes? We did all that foundation/trust shit. Opened my eyes).
First order of business the financial firm did was to sell all the MRK in the 80's. That was this spring. Check out the price now, and the div. Nobody knows shit.

PS (MRK and Moderna are working on a cure for cancer...going into stage III ...don't tell anyone where you heard this).

Guess with confidence. That's what the pros do.

I don't disagree. Timing the bottom is silly. I'm not really timing the bottom. More so I could take some nice vacation from stocks. I would keep the LCID if I didnt sell all my other stocks.
Understand, good price for long term holders!

Let’s not offer stock advice during bear market. Each do your own due diligence and engage at your own risk.

I can give you my own stories. In 2006 and 2007, I was cost averaging down AMEX all the way from $30 to $13 when it was peaked that time at $60. When DJIA went to 7800, I was margin call and liquidated at $11. Today, it’s at $157 and peaked in 2022 $195. Same was SBUX, I got margin called at $7, today it is at $102. Neither did American Express nor Starbucks went bankrupt yet bc they are punished luxury goods during fear of Great Recession of 2008 on mortgage crisis.

In 2016, I picked up another luxury brand RH at $25 during their crisis. But I then completely forgot about it after I decided to take a break and set auto sell order at $35. The order was expired and I didn’t check that account until I was cleaning my home office moving in 2021. I was merrily surprised it didn’t get executed. In the midst of pandemic, I liquidated all at $640 for profit taking, today it is at $260. I was very pleased and order AGT as my treat.

Back to 2022, I have cost average down LCID, $36 to $11. Am I loading more? Maybe, not sure. Am I selling? Hell no from what I’ve learned in history. Will I be margin called this time, no, I could just let this one sleep on it.

In the end, how great company can be is all up to its own execution navigating through crisis. Buy in bear, sell in bull, don’t be a sheep! Most importantly, don’t gamble on rent money! If you think any company will be around in 10 years, buy and hold. If you don’t, walk away find other things better. Holding equity over 5 years is “investment”, less time than that is “speculation”. Less than 1 year in and out flipping is just straight “gambling”. Unless you are professional watching tickets all the time long/short position everyday, just don’t bother. And keep your day job even you get lucky!
Well said! Congrats on your unexpected lumpsome. I'm in the same boat, I might get a margin call but have cash in hand to cover. I am NEVER selling my high conviction growth stocks despite what youtubers or wall street hedgefund manipulators say. Buy a little every paycheck, hold for a decade at least! It would be unintelligent for investors or even traders to sell at these prices. The reversal will be tremendous for those who hold.

Well said! Congrats on your unexpected lumpsome. I'm in the same boat, I might get a margin call but have cash in hand to cover. I am NEVER selling my high conviction growth stocks despite what youtubers or wall street hedgefund manipulators say. Buy a little every paycheck, hold for a decade at least! It would be unintelligent for investors or even traders to sell at these prices. The reversal will be tremendous for those who hold.
I agree! I cost averaged LCID from $25 to $8 having 3000 shares. I am not selling for at least 5 years. I made that mistake with Tesla. I had 1000 shares at $25 and sold for $50. What a mistake!!

I think the word I’d use is “cynical.” It’s perfectly fine to vent, call out issues, share complaints, or anything else. It’s entirely another to be cynical to the point of implying the company and the people who like its products are all buffoons; that may not have been explicitly stated, but that was the general implication.

To be clear, I never meant to offend or name call - if it came off that way, for that I sincerely apologize. Definitely not my goal.

My goal is to steer the forum toward well-reasoned and calm discourse, rather than general outrage or drama, or discussions about how it’s impossible Lucid will do anything right and is doomed to fail; that is cynical and unhelpful to anyone, and if you feel that way, I’m not sure why you’d buy a vehicle you believe is trash.

It has issues - absolutely. There are plenty. Let’s discuss them! But the car and company are more than just the sum of their issues; ignoring the positive aspects entirely does not lend itself to generating healthy discussion.

That’s all I mean. I hope that’s not controversial.
Borski,
You and other moderators are a doing a great job on this forum. Clearly, you are advocates for the car, and lean heavily into its positive aspects. But you're also open to dialogue, even dissent, if warranted. I believe most people who have concerns--myself among them--air those concerns in a sincere, respectful way, and I believe most pepole in this forum, particularly its moderators, welcome discussion around them. I appreciate that. Look, it's a big purchase for many people. Anxiety has a seat at the table for many of us, but as others have pointed out, we each have to decide for ourselves if that anxiety can be adequately assuaged or not. If it can, great. If not, then move on. But certainly no call for criticizing others on your way out the door. As a former mentor of mine liked to say, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." People can see right through the disingenuous. Thanks for all you guys do. Can't be easy. Cheers!

Thank you for your recommendations concerning how I should spend my money and how I should think. Your movie theater analogy is accurate. I do have a “disappointed” mindset as I prepare to take delivery, but I’m ready for the ordeal lucid ownership may being. I know what I’m getting into unlike most who assumed they were buying a relatively professionally finished and functional product. The result of which will be a mountain of negative talk on the street which will be near impossible for lucid to overcome. It’s a shame, I really hoped this company would succeed and do well, I am on their side, but they’ve made huge mistakes that some of you just don’t want to see. My style of feedback may by more dramatic than your comfortable with, but I think you’re overreacting to my communication style and ignoring valid observations and criticisms which are justified. Making this exchange personal by Characterizing my observation as a tantrum and histrionics is not only wholly untrue, but changes it’s tone from discussion about cars to an attack on my character. In all due respect I would ask you to see justified criticism objectively and refrain from personal attack.

Best wishes,
@nevadagame your post was spot on and very professionally written! I’ve been a Grand Tourinf owner for 9 months and juts as disappointed as I with the quality of the software. However every time I’ve posted about this and mentioned how unacceptable this is for a car priced in this range I’ve been equally viciously attached by these same folks and told to sell my car! They don’t want to hear any criticism! 🤷🏽‍♂️

I made 300K profit on Lucid earlier this year(january ). Got lucky on my timing when it went up and I sold my position

Been watching it steadily go down since then. Decided it's time for me to take another chance, so I bought 10,000 shares today at $7.51. Liked that Bank of America came out with a positive recommendation today.

Will see if I made a mistake or not.
Nice! I night some today and am I’m to 30k shares but my average cost is $9 so unfortunately making a sizeable loss. I do think it’ll go back up beyond 9 but prepared tk but more if it keep going down.

Would love to hear when you decide to sell, seems like you’ve done well with this stock! 😏

Nice! I night some today and am I’m to 30k shares but my average cost is $9 so unfortunately making a sizeable loss. I do think it’ll go back up beyond 9 but prepared tk but more if it keep going down.

Would love to hear when you decide to sell, seems like you’ve done well with this stock! 😏

How do you folks with ginormous amounts of investments deal with huge daily swings? It's like losing or winning a car on a daily basis

How do you folks with ginormous amounts of investments deal with huge daily swings? It's like losing or winning a car on a daily basis
Because none of this matters in a long term investment...

"Year to date through the end of the third quarter, Lucid has delivered 2,437 vehicles. Management expects to deliver 6,000 to 7,000 vehicles for all of 2022. "

Here is an optimistic view:
Assume that higher production and deliveries in Q4 implies 7.5k deliveries in 2022. That means 5k deliveries in Q4 1.7k per month 0.4k per week.
So, if the production ramps up say 20% per quarter in 2023, 6k in Q1, 7.2k in Q2, 8.5k in Q3 and 11k in Q4 that would total 34k.
Wipes out all the current backlog. Unlike the high end launch of Gravity, I hope to see the low end launch and FWD first at a price no more than 10% over the cheapest Pure RWD. That would generate a lot of excitement and entice the high end 7 passenger minivan FWD buyers to come to Lucid without huge investment in another new model.

A loss in the short term means nothing unless you sell it at that loss. Sure I would love to see the balance be positive but I am trading in my IRA account and I don't need that money for quite some time and in time I know things will turn around.

"Year to date through the end of the third quarter, Lucid has delivered 2,437 vehicles. Management expects to deliver 6,000 to 7,000 vehicles for all of 2022. "

Here is an optimistic view:
Assume that higher production and deliveries in Q4 implies 7.5k deliveries in 2022. That means 5k deliveries in Q4 1.7k per month 0.4k per week.
So, if the production ramps up say 20% per quarter in 2023, 6k in Q1, 7.2k in Q2, 8.5k in Q3 and 11k in Q4 that would total 34k.
Wipes out all the current backlog. Unlike the high end launch of Gravity, I hope to see the low end launch and FWD first at a price no more than 10% over the cheapest Pure RWD. That would generate a lot of excitement and entice the high end 7 passenger minivan FWD buyers to come to Lucid without huge investment in another new model.
I like your model. In addition, the factory expansion is suppose to come on line in next summer which will further increase capacity.

Thank you for your recommendations concerning how I should spend my money and how I should think. Your movie theater analogy is accurate. I do have a “disappointed” mindset as I prepare to take delivery, but I’m ready for the ordeal lucid ownership may being. I know what I’m getting into unlike most who assumed they were buying a relatively professionally finished and functional product. The result of which will be a mountain of negative talk on the street which will be near impossible for lucid to overcome. It’s a shame, I really hoped this company would succeed and do well, I am on their side, but they’ve made huge mistakes that some of you just don’t want to see. My style of feedback may by more dramatic than your comfortable with, but I think you’re overreacting to my communication style and ignoring valid observations and criticisms which are justified. Making this exchange personal by Characterizing my observation as a tantrum and histrionics is not only wholly untrue, but changes it’s tone from discussion about cars to an attack on my character. In all due respect I would ask you to see justified criticism objectively and refrain from personal attack.

Best wishes,
Hope your new car arrives soon, and that it consistently exceeds your expectations on the road. Good luck.

We hire estate managers, trust them, and try not to look.

If it gets too bloody we go for a drive in the Lucid.

(truth is, you are having a pretty good life is this is one of your worries)

Because none of this matters in a long term investment...
A loss in the short term means nothing unless you sell it at that loss. Sure I would love to see the balance be positive but I am trading in my IRA account and I don't need that money for quite some time and in time I know things will turn around.
How often do you look at your account? Ive developed a bad habit of checking stocks too frequently throughout the day though that was a necessary habit back in my day/swing trading days but now it's unnecessary stress.

Perhaps I don't understand the essence of long term investments since I don't believe I'd reach retirement age so I dont have anything on retirement accounts haha I really need to get out of that mentality though. I don't think I've held any stocks longer than 1 year. I've mostly done swing tradings and then 2 years of full time day trading and now transitioning to longer term investing except I just sold all my stocks yesterday lol.

I'm at 400% gain total for the past 4 years though lost a lot from day trades and shorter swing trades. Looking back at my trades and stocks that I had strong faith in , I wouldve done better with long term investments after my initial lucky trades. Those are companies with good products that people would have appetite for long term and solid leadership and goals. Lucid have a good product with its Air so I'll get back to it eventually, just unlucky timing with the covid and bad market conditions.

How often do you look at your account?
Yea me too -- looking every day. I was having fun then mortality tapped me on the shoulder. I used to manage our joint finances and do our taxes. At some point, and I missed this one big time, you are in a place where you need professional help; you realize the wife can't just pick up where you left off. wow.

At the interview I learned about tax strategy. That alone is worth hiring a pro. Not only do they do my taxes now, they set up foundations where money I would have sent to the government so they can use it to investigate Hunter's dic pics, goes to fund Quaker school educations for kids who can't afford it. This is in addition to regular charitable contributions. It makes you feel heroic, and costs you nothing.
They set up a family trust, and a trust for my invalid sister to care for her the rest of her life. They have fantastic spreadsheets that show a time line of growth such that you never have to worry, with 99% certainty (your greed my vary).

Basically, we pay them to worry about our financial security.

I stopped trading and trust them completely. Looking for a new hobby. No regrets.

BUT, and does anyone else have this problem? ... when you have taken care of basic needs ... who are you?
at a party: "So what do you do?" "Ahhh ... I'm retired." (conversation dies) "Well, what did you used to do?"
"Well, I used to masturbate all day and check my portfolio." "Well, that's great. Why did you stop?" "I hired someone to check my portfolio." "So now you just masturbate all day?" "Pretty much." "So you're a wanker?" " I guess."

Capitalism defines us by the work we do. With out a job you are just another wanker. You are trivial, a drain on society.

Suddenly I find I need a philosophy. When you get to the big questions, checking your portfolio doesn't make the cut.

How often do you look at your account? Ive developed a bad habit of checking stocks too frequently throughout the day though that was a necessary habit back in my day/swing trading days but now it's unnecessary stress.

Perhaps I don't understand the essence of long term investments since I don't believe I'd reach retirement age so I dont have anything on retirement accounts haha I really need to get out of that mentality though. I don't think I've held any stocks longer than 1 year. I've mostly done swing tradings and then 2 years of full time day trading and now transitioning to longer term investing except I just sold all my stocks yesterday lol.

I'm at 400% gain total for the past 4 years though lost a lot from day trades and shorter swing trades. Looking back at my trades and stocks that I had strong faith in , I wouldve done better with long term investments after my initial lucky trades. Those are companies with good products that people would have appetite for long term and solid leadership and goals. Lucid have a good product with its Air so I'll get back to it eventually, just unlucky timing with the covid and bad market conditions.
If we set aside enough cash to ride out say 3 years, the market will bounce back as the interest rates drop, unemployment reaches normal levels, wage inflation halts, supply chain becomes normal and Ukraine war ends. But of course we never know how North Korea disrupts the supply chain from South Korea and China disrupts Taiwan.

Back