• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID just went below $8

No one is discouraging criticism. You made your point. Others disagree. Constantly repeating yourself isn’t helping you win anyone over to your side.

If convincing people you are right is not your goal, then the only alternative is that you are trolling to get a rise out of people. And that’s not the sort of thing we wish to have in our community.

You have a right to your opinion, but you do not have a right to make our community members miserable.

I’ve asked you privately. Now I’m making it public. Take a moment and back away from the keyboard. Please.
All right, I never intended to troll, and I have a little respect for people that do, I admit, I may have a volatile communication style and an active sense of humor, I don’t wish to offend anyone.

Let’s not offer stock advice during bear market. Each do your own due diligence and engage at your own risk.

I can give you my own stories. In 2006 and 2007, I was cost averaging down AMEX all the way from $30 to $13 when it was peaked that time at $60. When DJIA went to 7800, I was margin call and liquidated at $11. Today, it’s at $157 and peaked in 2022 $195. Same was SBUX, I got margin called at $7, today it is at $102. Neither did American Express nor Starbucks went bankrupt yet bc they are punished luxury goods during fear of Great Recession of 2008 on mortgage crisis.

In 2016, I picked up another luxury brand RH at $25 during their crisis. But I then completely forgot about it after I decided to take a break and set auto sell order at $35. The order was expired and I didn’t check that account until I was cleaning my home office moving in 2021. I was merrily surprised it didn’t get executed. In the midst of pandemic, I liquidated all at $640 for profit taking, today it is at $260. I was very pleased and order AGT as my treat.

Back to 2022, I have cost average down LCID, $36 to $11. Am I loading more? Maybe, not sure. Am I selling? Hell no from what I’ve learned in history. Will I be margin called this time, no, I could just let this one sleep on it.

In the end, how great company can be is all up to its own execution navigating through crisis. Buy in bear, sell in bull, don’t be a sheep! Most importantly, don’t gamble on rent money! If you think any company will be around in 10 years, buy and hold. If you don’t, walk away find other things better. Holding equity over 5 years is “investment”, less time than that is “speculation”. Less than 1 year in and out flipping is just straight “gambling”. Unless you are professional watching tickets all the time long/short position everyday, just don’t bother. And keep your day job even you get lucky!

I have 20 puts strike 7.5 for Jan. I will let it get filled and lower my cost from 18

Let’s not offer stock advice during bear market. Each do your own due diligence and engage at your own risk.

I can give you my own stories. In 2006 and 2007, I was cost averaging down AMEX all the way from $30 to $13 when it was peaked that time at $60. When DJIA went to 7800, I was margin call and liquidated at $11. Today, it’s at $157 and peaked in 2022 $195. Same was SBUX, I got margin called at $7, today it is at $102. Neither did American Express nor Starbucks went bankrupt yet bc they are punished luxury goods during fear of Great Recession of 2008 on mortgage crisis.

In 2016, I picked up another luxury brand RH at $25 during their crisis. But I then completely forgot about it after I decided to take a break and set auto sell order at $35. The order was expired and I didn’t check that account until I was cleaning my home office moving in 2021. I was merrily surprised it didn’t get executed. In the midst of pandemic, I liquidated all at $640 for profit taking, today it is at $260. I was very pleased and order AGT as my treat.

Back to 2022, I have cost average down LCID, $36 to $11. Am I loading more? Maybe, not sure. Am I selling? Hell no from what I’ve learned in history. Will I be margin called this time, no, I could just let this one sleep on it.

In the end, how great company can be is all up to its own execution navigating through crisis. Buy in bear, sell in bull, don’t be a sheep! Most importantly, don’t gamble on rent money! If you think any company will be around in 10 years, buy and hold. If you don’t, walk away find other things better. Holding equity over 5 years is “investment”, less time than that is “speculation”. Less than 1 year in and out flipping is just straight “gambling”. Unless you are professional watching tickets all the time long/short position everyday, just don’t bother. And keep your day job even you get lucky!
But what you mentioned at the end is stock advice! :p

"do your own due diligence..." Isn't that a given and common sense though regarding any informational online especially in forums? I guess not anymore as Ive seen people online whining about how they followed someone's opinion online and messed up their lives xD

Thank you for your recommendations concerning how I should spend my money and how I should think. Your movie theater analogy is accurate. I do have a “disappointed” mindset as I prepare to take delivery, but I’m ready for the ordeal lucid ownership may being. I know what I’m getting into unlike most who assumed they were buying a relatively professionally finished and functional product. The result of which will be a mountain of negative talk on the street which will be near impossible for lucid to overcome. It’s a shame, I really hoped this company would succeed and do well, I am on their side, but they’ve made huge mistakes that some of you just don’t want to see. My style of feedback may by more dramatic than your comfortable with, but I think you’re overreacting to my communication style and ignoring valid observations and criticisms which are justified. Making this exchange personal by Characterizing my observation as a tantrum and histrionics is not only wholly untrue, but changes it’s tone from discussion about cars to an attack on my character. In all due respect I would ask you to see justified criticism objectively and refrain from personal attack.

Best wishes,
This post is a good summarization of what is happening - both in regard to @nevadagame's posts and reactions to the posts. What he calls dramatic communication style, might be considered over-the-top by some, garrulous by others.

The problem I have is here is another non-owner telling us about problems with the company and car when he has no day to day experience and has no experience of having issues with the car. He isn't taking a "Expect less and I won't be disappointed but I can be surprised and delighted" approach, just "I expect less and will get less". My car is professionally finished and absolutely functional. He is basing his opinion of not getting a great car on some postings, not personal experience. Part of me hopes he gets a great car and part of me hopes his expectations are met.

This post is a good summarization of what is happening - both in regard to @nevadagame's posts and reactions to the posts. What he calls dramatic communication style, might be considered over-the-top by some, garrulous by others.

The problem I have is here is another non-owner telling us about problems with the company and car when he has no day to day experience and has no experience of having issues with the car. He isn't taking a "Expect less and I won't be disappointed but I can be surprised and delighted" approach, just "I expect less and will get less". My car is professionally finished and absolutely functional. He is basing his opinion of not getting a great car on some postings, not personal experience. Part of me hopes he gets a great car and part of me hopes his expectations are met.
I think the word I’d use is “cynical.” It’s perfectly fine to vent, call out issues, share complaints, or anything else. It’s entirely another to be cynical to the point of implying the company and the people who like its products are all buffoons; that may not have been explicitly stated, but that was the general implication.

To be clear, I never meant to offend or name call - if it came off that way, for that I sincerely apologize. Definitely not my goal.

My goal is to steer the forum toward well-reasoned and calm discourse, rather than general outrage or drama, or discussions about how it’s impossible Lucid will do anything right and is doomed to fail; that is cynical and unhelpful to anyone, and if you feel that way, I’m not sure why you’d buy a vehicle you believe is trash.

It has issues - absolutely. There are plenty. Let’s discuss them! But the car and company are more than just the sum of their issues; ignoring the positive aspects entirely does not lend itself to generating healthy discussion.

That’s all I mean. I hope that’s not controversial.

The short squeeze was my guess
Shorts are usually savvy investors and rarely get squeezed. They usually unwind their positions slowly and strategically. But the short ratio on $LCID is currently 5.98 so it may have true squeeze potential if it goes over 8 and there is some unanticipated good Lucid news.

Shorts are usually savvy investors and rarely get squeezed. They usually unwind their positions slowly and strategically. But the short ratio on $LCID is currently 5.98 so it may have true squeeze potential if it goes over 8 and there is some unanticipated good Lucid news.
I know a lot of people who do not even look at Prob In The Money to assess risk and they just do option trades close to money expiring the same week, As @borski said, when we had a spike so to speak most recently in LCID, those who shorted too close got squeezed. I don't do naked calls and I look at Prob ITM 20% or less and sometimes in 10% on highly volatile stocks.

when there is blood in the streets

buy property

The Gravity is what the people want. Once that is out people who bought in now will be worring more about capital gain taxes.

"I missed 100% of the shots I did not take."

buy property

The Gravity is what the people want. Once that is out people who bought in now will be worring more about capital gain taxes.

I can only comment on the property values in Northern CA specifically the Bay Area. I have seen ups and down since 1988 when the interest rates and prices were high relative to income. Now 2 incomes are needed to buy the same property which 1 income could buy back then due to the current interest rates and real estate. Prices of real estate are falling and I believe that they will fall in 23 spring and perhaps hit a bottom by the end of 23 with the possibility of picking up when the interest rates fall in 24. In a way the same trend as the stock market. Excessive hiring in tech in the last 1.5 years and inflated salaries and money from the stock market flowing into the real estate caused a spike in real estate. Many of those who joined the work force in the last 10 years never saw job cuts or downturns in the stock market. It will take some time to stabilize the wages and therefore the real estate prices.

On a different subject, I think that Lucid Gravity base is likely to kill of Air Touring completely if the price is that range and the cheapest gravity with DDp, SSp if it is FWD will be a sweet spot for those who want 7 seats or more room for cargo but the price has to be no more than the high end Pure.

Welp, surprise announcement from Fed regarding a higher interest ceiling will be pulling down the market even more

Welp, surprise announcement from Fed regarding a higher interest ceiling will be pulling down the market even more
Yep. That and retail sales report today.

I know a lot of people who do not even look at Prob In The Money to assess risk and they just do option trades close to money expiring the same week, As @borski said, when we had a spike so to speak most recently in LCID, those who shorted too close got squeezed. I don't do naked calls and I look at Prob ITM 20% or less and sometimes in 10% on highly volatile stocks.
I made 300K profit on Lucid earlier this year(january ). Got lucky on my timing when it went up and I sold my position

Been watching it steadily go down since then. Decided it's time for me to take another chance, so I bought 10,000 shares today at $7.51. Liked that Bank of America came out with a positive recommendation today.

Will see if I made a mistake or not.

buy property

"More than 90% of short putts don't go in...."

I made 300K profit on Lucid earlier this year(january ). Got lucky on my timing when it went up and I sold my position

Been watching it steadily go down since then. Decided it's time for me to take another chance, so I bought 10,000 shares today at $7.51. Liked that Bank of America came out with a positive recommendation today.

I did set an alert at $7.5 which is my buy point which triggered today but with the positive inflation news few days ago I bought at $8.02.

Tempting to add more but I currently have more faith in AXSM so capping at 3000 LCID

Is BofA a lender to Lucid? (I know they do the retail lending/leasing)

Just sold all my stocks including the LCID I bought at $8.02. Sold at $7.51. 100% cash now. I'm sensing more panic selling the coming few days or weeks. AXSM been up for a good month, low volume has started, options expiring tomorrow.. doing now swing trading on that and will rebuy near EOY or low 70's.

Will rebuy LCID at $6.5 if it drops that low.

Back