LCID just went below $8

A ramp up in production in not the problem, the two elephants in the room are there is a tiny demand for 150+K sedans as there is a tiny demand for 140K suvs. Lucid has a giant parking lot of sedans and No customers for most of them. Soon they will be last years models and will not sell without substantial discounts, killing new car sales. The second elephant is the completely unprofessional comical software killing all sales except for the brave few tech savvy customers. The super low mile used market is flooded with unhappy new owners who have had enough. I’m about to take delivery (within days) but I’m under no illusion that I’m buying a well thought out operating system. Sure it’s improving slowly, but it should never have been released in its original or even current state. It’s so far from good enough that like the old fisker karma, this car will likely fail because management was arrogant and made huge and critical mistakes believing their own hype.
I could not disagree more, as a current owner. If you feel this way, I would strongly recommend not buying the car, or changing your perspective.

Walking into a movie theater going “this movie is going to suck and be the worst movie of all time” is definitely going to help you realize your initial preconception, no matter how good the movie is.

Good luck.

Added 400 today...
200 at $8.09
200 at $7.95
Averaging down. Remember the PIPE offering price was $15. A lot of smart money paid that before a single car was delivered and AMP-1 had not expanded.
You assume 🤪🤪🤪

Boy, I sure hope you are wrong, however, quite frankly, that is my current assessment also. Lucid has been generating a history of missing its quarterly objectives and the stock is suffering because of that and the fact that they are diluting the stock to raise cash. Additionally, the stock is being devalued by the general market conditions.
They have made great strides in correcting early production issues resulting in greatly increasing monthly production numbers, quality control has been wonderfully improved, UX software has made tremendous improvements, Lucid has added new models with the Tour and Pure that are now being produced (and are even making a few deliveries of them), Lucid has today added a long term batteries agreement with Panasonic Energy, Lucid is very active with their on-going plant expansion, they have a mega-deal with the Saudis under contract, are getting ready to expand into Europe, etc, etc, etc. Such positive movement in so many areas in such a short time and the market doesn't seem to recognise all of this.
They have created a phenomenal car, one that I simply love and enjoy driving so much. However, now is also the time to show us they can put the cars in the waiting public's hands and start generating the revenue numbers their investors are expecting inorder to put the company in the black in the next few years.
Remember they made shareholders approve if I recall 15 Billion authorized shares. They can dilute at will for years without giving a crap about shareholders and Saudi PIF OEM’s over 60% any way so they can come up with Sapphires to pander to the Prince or whoever.

They are definitely in trouble short time which is at least 3 years before it could recover and it will take them executing to perfection.

I am having a hard time understanding why the market is treating Lucid this way. While I understand the concept of stock dilution and can understand the impact that Lucid's recent move in this area can have on the stock's value, the amount of this drop during the last 6 month is purplexing to me. Dropping today below 8 dollars on a day that they announce a multiyear deal with Panasconic Energy just has me scratching me head. While I can see that the entire EV sector has been tanking lately, with such good news as delivering the lower cost Tour and Pure and now this long term battery deal should have a positive impact.
Can anyone explain this too me? I view my holdings as a long term higer risk investimate but we are entering Fisker's value zone now and that just does not make any sense to me.
Wall street hedge funds shorted all EV stocks, they are getting back at retail who stuck it to them during Covid. Hence all the recent hit articles on Lucid and Rivian. Ego Musk tweets don't help when he goes around saying these companies are going bankrupt. Ego Musk not only tanking TSLA with his antics, he is taking Lucid and Rivian down with him. If you can, just hold. I'm pretty confident Lucid will be back to 15 after a few quarters. They will make 300 million revenue 4th quarter, which will keep on growing. Easy 2 billion revenue in 2023. Just ignore the trash put out be Wall Street and Tesla fartboys

Wall street hedge funds shorted all EV stocks, they are getting back at retail who stuck it to them during Covid. Hence all the recent hit articles on Lucid and Rivian. Ego Musk tweets don't help when he goes around saying these companies are going bankrupt. Ego Musk not only tanking TSLA with his antics, he is taking Lucid and Rivian down with him. If you can, just hold. I'm pretty confident Lucid will be back to 15 after a few quarters. They will make 300 million revenue 4th quarter, which will keep on growing. Easy 2 billion revenue in 2023. Just ignore the trash put out be Wall Street and Tesla fartboys
Who's Ego Musk? Is he related to Felon Musk? I used to like the previous Musk. Idk where he went.

You know I'm not a trader or an analyst, but I keep thinking about AAPL at these price levels. For me LCID seemed like the perfect target for Apple if it was ever really serious about getting into the EV game. Tech is industry leading, styling fits the Apple motif, and at a market cap of just under $14B Apple could acquire them at a 20% premium to market with cash on hand. For me Apple has done a fantastic job in their markets but have fairly limited forward growth. Acquiring Lucid would give them a great high growth opportunity, and also have the bonus side effect of quieting Mr. Musk.

But anyway, I took the chance to average down my small holding to $12.80 at the recent price points. I think the production signs are looking good. Hopefully will get product into Europe (and specifically Norway) early next year.
PIF will never give away the company, not happening. I'm buying more every paycheck and averaging down. Would be stupid not buying at 8 or trying to time the bottom.

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. I am not a CEO, or a CFO, and although I am a partner in a medical group and have some understanding of business, I recognize that I have no financial advice to give Lucid, nor do I know if the cars in the Bears Workshop video are excess inventory not going anywhere or they are all ordered vehicles awaiting delivery, nor do I know the current status of delivery trucker availability, manufacturing parts availability, staffing deficits at Lucid, plans for future vehicles, etc. So I literally have no comment of value to add regarding the stock price of Lucid. Even though I own LCID stock, I still have no useful financial advice for them.

Why so many others on this forum do not also realize this about themselves is confusing to me.

I could not disagree more, as a current owner. If you feel this way, I would strongly recommend not buying the car, or changing your perspective.

Walking into a movie theater going “this movie is going to suck and be the worst movie of all time” is definitely going to help you realize your initial preconception, no matter how good the movie is.

Good luck.
Thank you for your recommendations concerning how I should spend my money and how I should think. Your movie theater analogy is accurate. I do have a “disappointed” mindset as I prepare to take delivery, but I’m ready for the ordeal lucid ownership may being. I know what I’m getting into unlike most who assumed they were buying a relatively professionally finished and functional product. The result of which will be a mountain of negative talk on the street which will be near impossible for lucid to overcome. It’s a shame, I really hoped this company would succeed and do well, I am on their side, but they’ve made huge mistakes that some of you just don’t want to see. My style of feedback may by more dramatic than your comfortable with, but I think you’re overreacting to my communication style and ignoring valid observations and criticisms which are justified. Making this exchange personal by Characterizing my observation as a tantrum and histrionics is not only wholly untrue, but changes it’s tone from discussion about cars to an attack on my character. In all due respect I would ask you to see justified criticism objectively and refrain from personal attack.

Best wishes,

Thank you for your recommendations concerning how I should spend my money and how I should think. Your movie theater analogy is accurate. I do have a “disappointed” mindset as I prepare to take delivery, but I’m ready for the ordeal lucid ownership may being. I know what I’m getting into unlike most who assumed they were buying a relatively professionally finished and functional product. The result of which will be a mountain of negative talk on the street which will be near impossible for lucid to overcome. It’s a shame, I really hoped this company would succeed and do well, I am on their side, but they’ve made huge mistakes that some of you just don’t want to see. My style of feedback may by more dramatic than your comfortable with, but I think you’re overreacting to my communication style and ignoring valid observations and criticisms which are justified. Making this exchange personal by Characterizing my observation as a tantrum and histrionics is not only wholly untrue, but changes it’s tone from discussion about cars to an attack on my character. In all due respect I would ask you to see justified criticism objectively and refrain from personal attack.

Best wishes,
Seems to be a trend on many car forums. I too recently picked up my AGT and posted some of my complaints and had to deal with personal attacks as well which is a shame. I want the car to become the vehicle I know it can be and if you don't have the opportunity to voice your opinion how can it become better.

Best wishes,
I'm so confused by this lol.

Nothing in here is a personal attack or questioning someone’s character. It’s a plea for reasonableness, expectation management and simply allowing yourself to appreciate the overwhelming amount of things about the car that are very good or even jaw dropping.

Seems to be a trend on many car forums. I too recently picked up my AGT and posted some of my complaints and had to deal with personal attacks as well which is a shame. I want the car to become the vehicle I know it can be and if you don't have the opportunity to voice your opinion how can it become better.
Thank you, in reality, I’m a Lucid fan and wish for the company’s success,

Nothing in here is a personal attack or questioning someone’s character. It’s a plea for reasonableness, expectation management and simply allowing yourself to appreciate the overwhelming amount of things about the car that are very good or even jaw dropping.
thank you for giving me your advice as to how I should allow myself to feel. I too want everyone to be reasonable and if possible, happy. I believe I am Mr reasonable. I do appreciate the car’s achievements and high points or I wouldn’t own one, I also believe that it’s in my rights to point out glaring faults or problems, which were within the company’s ability to a avoid. Especially in an investors forum, to discourage criticism in the pursuit of everybody being happy, is counterproductive to a reasonable discussion.

thank you for giving me your advice as to how I should allow myself to feel. I too want everyone to be reasonable and if possible, happy. I believe I am Mr reasonable. I do appreciate the car’s achievements and high points or I wouldn’t own one, I also believe that it’s in my rights to point out glaring faults or problems, which were within the company’s ability to a avoid. Especially in an investors forum, to discourage criticism in the pursuit of everybody being happy, is counterproductive to a reasonable discussion.
Except, this isn't an investment forum. It's an owners forum with a section for investing. Either way, Lucid has made strides in correcting mistakes they've made in the past. I hope when you take delivery you will love your car, shortcomings and all.

Except, this isn't an investment forum. It's an owners forum with a section for investing. Either way, Lucid has made strides in correcting mistakes they've made in the past. I hope when you take delivery you will love your car, shortcomings and all.
Thank you for that, I will and plan and hope for a really fun experience, I love cars and I’m not a grinch. Best wish,

No one is discouraging criticism. You made your point. Others disagree. Constantly repeating yourself isn’t helping you win anyone over to your side.

If convincing people you are right is not your goal, then the only alternative is that you are trolling to get a rise out of people. And that’s not the sort of thing we wish to have in our community.

You have a right to your opinion, but you do not have a right to make our community members miserable.

I’ve asked you privately. Now I’m making it public. Take a moment and back away from the keyboard. Please.

Tesla stock trades for about 29 times estimated 2023 earnings. Lucid doesn't make money yet, but its stock trades for roughly 5 times sales. Tesla trades at a similar multiple of sales.

So far this year, Lucid stock is off about 78%. Tesla shares are down about 53%

Tesla stock trades for about 29 times estimated 2023 earnings. Lucid doesn't make money yet, but its stock trades for roughly 5 times sales. Tesla trades at a similar multiple of sales.

So far this year, Lucid stock is off about 78%. Tesla shares are down about 53%
Things could be worse... Glad I sold RIDE back when it was $10.

Back