LCID just went below $8

noobzilla

Day started very green for LCID but traded at -3% and hit below $8.

I don't even look at my EV stocks anymore. They've all tanked. Nothing alarming about Lucid today as RIVN and TSLA are down also

TSLA just hit 2 year low as well. EV Stocks are in for a rough ride especially with Gas prices coming down. Picked up 250 more shares at $8.19 and will buy more if it hits $7.50, This is a long term play. $7500 rebate ending 12/31 on Lucid vehicles is not helping.

I am having a hard time understanding why the market is treating Lucid this way. While I understand the concept of stock dilution and can understand the impact that Lucid's recent move in this area can have on the stock's value, the amount of this drop during the last 6 month is purplexing to me. Dropping today below 8 dollars on a day that they announce a multiyear deal with Panasconic Energy just has me scratching me head. While I can see that the entire EV sector has been tanking lately, with such good news as delivering the lower cost Tour and Pure and now this long term battery deal should have a positive impact.
Can anyone explain this too me? I view my holdings as a long term higer risk investimate but we are entering Fisker's value zone now and that just does not make any sense to me.

Getting tempting to grab some. Anyone planning to add more or start? Short % is quite high too so there's potential short squeeze when any good revenue numbers come in.

Getting tempting to grab some. Anyone planning to add more or start? Short % is quite high too so there's potential short squeeze when any good revenue numbers come in.
Added 100 at $7.99

I am having a hard time understanding why the market is treating Lucid this way. While I understand the concept of stock dilution and can understand the impact that Lucid's recent move in this area can have on the stock's value, the amount of this drop during the last 6 month is purplexing to me. Dropping today below 8 dollars on a day that they announce a multiyear deal with Panasconic Energy just has me scratching me head. While I can see that the entire EV sector has been tanking lately, with such good news as delivering the lower cost Tour and Pure and now this long term battery deal should have a positive impact.
Can anyone explain this too me? I view my holdings as a long term higer risk investimate but we are entering Fisker's value zone now and that just does not make any sense to me.
Growth stocks getting hammered harder than the overall market. Fear of recession so people pulling out. I have this "robinhood generation" theory too where entry to stocks has become super easy hence the extra volatility and intra day swings whereas in the past people who get involved in stocks were more careful and playing more for long term.

Long term technicals still would win overall, but the ride there have steeper ups and downs

As I've mentioned before posters have said Lucid is a buying opportunity when it dipped below 40, then 30, 20 and now 10. I'm actually going to buy now as it won't be a buy opportunity at 0.

Bought more first thing this morning. I've been averaging down since the $CCIV days.

My guts tell me it's already bottomed or near bottom but my guts had been wrong many times before lol. I'm just debating now whether to sell some AXSM to get some LCID.

I presume the market has already priced in the production ramp-up? Maybe we'll see a bump at the next earnings call regardless...

I don't think it's bottomed. I doubt the market will be happy with the Q4 results. Lucid may produce 6000-7000 units but it looks like they're certainly not going to deliver anywhere near that number. With the number of cars sitting at the Lucid plant I suspect revenue expectations from the investors will be missed which will tank the price even more.

I presume the market has already priced in the production ramp-up? Maybe we'll see a bump at the next earnings call regardless...
Doesnt seem like it. Been on a steady decline even when the production numbers went up.
I don't think it's bottomed. I doubt the market will be happy with the Q4 results. Lucid may produce 6000-7000 units but it looks like they're certainly not going to deliver anywhere near that number. With the number of cars sitting at the Lucid plant I suspect revenue expectations from the investors will be missed which will tank the price even more.
Q4 results will likely look bad but if Lucid can significantly increase their guidance based on actual production increase then investors would see that as a positive. when is Q4 earnings coming out? Inflation has been cooling so that should help. We'll see how the market reacts tomorrow

You know I'm not a trader or an analyst, but I keep thinking about AAPL at these price levels. For me LCID seemed like the perfect target for Apple if it was ever really serious about getting into the EV game. Tech is industry leading, styling fits the Apple motif, and at a market cap of just under $14B Apple could acquire them at a 20% premium to market with cash on hand. For me Apple has done a fantastic job in their markets but have fairly limited forward growth. Acquiring Lucid would give them a great high growth opportunity, and also have the bonus side effect of quieting Mr. Musk.

But anyway, I took the chance to average down my small holding to $12.80 at the recent price points. I think the production signs are looking good. Hopefully will get product into Europe (and specifically Norway) early next year.

If Lucid has produced that many cars with confirmed buyers, and the only hold up is delivery, why is that so bad? They are a hop skip and jump from booking that revenue, modulo minimal risk of attrition at that point.

You know I'm not a trader or an analyst, but I keep thinking about AAPL at these price levels. For me LCID seemed like the perfect target for Apple if it was ever really serious about getting into the EV game. Tech is industry leading, styling fits the Apple motif, and at a market cap of just under $14B Apple could acquire them at a 20% premium to market with cash on hand. For me Apple has done a fantastic job in their markets but have fairly limited forward growth. Acquiring Lucid would give them a great high growth opportunity, and also have the bonus side effect of quieting Mr. Musk.

But anyway, I took the chance to average down my small holding to $12.80 at the recent price points. I think the production signs are looking good. Hopefully will get product into Europe (and specifically Norway) early next year.
I hope AAPL doesnt get it because I want Android Auto haha

The short squeeze was my guess

Back