Large screen blank area

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
I’ve had my AGT for about 4 months but I just noticed that there is a lot of unused or unavailable space. Has anyone else noticed this?

See image.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20115BAC-0457-4760-B305-E81AFC15DA1E.jpeg
    20115BAC-0457-4760-B305-E81AFC15DA1E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 112
For a second I couldnt understand what he meant by unused space. But just imagine a bezel-less glass cockpit... it would be epic!
Small bezels are expensive. (The backlights need to be somewhere.) But I could see them shrinking over time in newer models.

I think we're getting spoiled with our tiny-bezeled phones.

Small bezels are expensive. (The backlights need to be somewhere.) But I could see them shrinking over time in newer models.

I think we're getting spoiled with our tiny-bezeled phones.
I apologize for stating this, but I think the lucid can take inspiration from none other than the...
Cadillac lyriq(im sorry)
One screen not 3 seperate ones, relatively small bezels.

The unbroken screen on the Lyriq is nice. The bezels look nominally smaller, but not by much. They are designing around it by having those gradients fade to black around the edges. Gives the illusion there is more screen. Clever.

Their chrome design is way too Windows-y for my taste. All those translucent faux 3D blue panels. And the icons are very Android. But there are definitely some things here by which I'd let myself be "inspired".

Its not the bezel. Its the actual screen. Isn't yours like that too?
Define 'actual screen'? Are you referring to the black ring around the entire display? If so, that's the bezel.

Back