issues with buying process

unHookt

Verified Owner
I have a vehicle on order and ready for delivery. After waiting three days, I received a call from B of A with actual figures based on the numbers I punched into the form when I placed my order (for an available, already-built vehicle).

My car went straight to delivery mode and I never got the opportunity to run numbers or look at different lease scenarios. When I call Lucid Financial [800-817-9582] the folks there are only able to provide scripted answers. They actually work for B of A and answer as Lucid reps. They can change parameters (e.g., mileage, down payment, duration, etc.) on the lease but can't see what the effects on the monthly would be. I'm told it takes 2-3 days to get those projections after changes are made. For basic calculations that you can get in minutes at a traditional car dealer.

Are you kidding me? That can't be right, can it? If I want to look at 3 or 4 different options, I'm setting this process back weeks for simple calculations to be run?

Help. I want to make the deal but I shouldn't have to jump through all of these hoops on a $138k vehicle.

You may want to try US Bank. When I purchased my Air, B of A was not easy to deal with. USBank had a loan for me immediately. They handed me a bank check and I picked up the car. They probably also do leases.

I have a vehicle on order and ready for delivery. After waiting three days, I received a call from B of A with actual figures based on the numbers I punched into the form when I placed my order (for an available, already-built vehicle).

My car went straight to delivery mode and I never got the opportunity to run numbers or look at different lease scenarios. When I call Lucid Financial [800-817-9582] the folks there are only able to provide scripted answers. They actually work for B of A and answer as Lucid reps. They can change parameters (e.g., mileage, down payment, duration, etc.) on the lease but can't see what the effects on the monthly would be. I'm told it takes 2-3 days to get those projections after changes are made. For basic calculations that you can get in minutes at a traditional car dealer.

Are you kidding me? That can't be right, can it? If I want to look at 3 or 4 different options, I'm setting this process back weeks for simple calculations to be run?

Help. I want to make the deal but I shouldn't have to jump through all of these hoops on a $138k vehicle.
Stay the course, the car is worth the trouble. Which model and options are you considering?

When you finance or lease anything, there’s always “hoops” to jump through. Those are set by the financial institution loaning you the money, not Lucid. This sounds oddly familiar though through all of the online Lucid platforms and social media recently. So either you and others have posted this exact same thing (almost word for word) across all platforms, or this is a scripted FUD campaign.

But for the sake of it being genuine….any hoop you have to jump through to be a Lucid owner is well worth it!

Your patience will be rewarded!

You can call Lucid Financials (BOFA) at 1800-817-9582 and check your contract status. I did call them multiple times in the last 2-3 days to be on top of my contract, with delivery scheduled soon. In addition, your delivery advisor is the contact between you and the internal Finance team at Lucid (not BOFA). I finally got everything done by following these steps and ensuring the docs were transferred between Lucid and BOFA without delays. I am picking up the delivery soon.

Also, the best way to run different lease scenarios is using the Online Lucid payment calculator. It'll give all the different variations of the payments based on Trim/Term/Miles, etc. Add $100-$125 per month to the quoted $ for DMV taxes (depending on the state), Bank acquisition, and other small fees.

FYI, you can make changes (different trim/different terms etc.) as long as you have not taken delivery even though it will delay the process by a week to redraft a new contract and get everything set.

When you finance or lease anything, there’s always “hoops” to jump through. Those are set by the financial institution loaning you the money, not Lucid. This sounds oddly familiar though through all of the online Lucid platforms and social media recently. So either you and others have posted this exact same thing (almost word for word) across all platforms, or this is a scripted FUD campaign.

But for the sake of it being genuine….any hoop you have to jump through to be a Lucid owner is well worth it!
Cute, but no. This is the only forum I've joined and posted to. Thanks for the warm welcome.

This would be the first of eleven vehicles I've been asked to endure such a process to obtain basic numbers for. I guess the frequency with which you're seeing this complaint reflects how backwards and anomalous it is.

Needless to say, my GT is on a truck and headed my way. I'm now being told by my DA that I need to sign all contracts and ACH the payment over before the vehicle will be delivered. Is that everyone's experience? Enter a binding contract and wire over the funds before you can inspect the product?

Stay the course, the car is worth the trouble. Which model and options are you considering?
Cosmos Silver over Tahoe GT

Cute, but no. This is the only forum I've joined and posted to. Thanks for the warm welcome.

This would be the first of eleven vehicles I've been asked to endure such a process to obtain basic numbers for. I guess the frequency with which you're seeing this complaint reflects how backwards and anomalous it is.

Needless to say, my GT is on a truck and headed my way. I'm now being told by my DA that I need to sign all contracts and ACH the payment over before the vehicle will be delivered. Is that everyone's experience? Enter a binding contract and wire over the funds before you can inspect the product?
For direct to sales cars, Tesla, Rivian, Polestar, Lucid, yes that is the process. You can reject delivery too.

Can I ask what numbers were not simple enough to run through Lucid calculator or Leasehackr calculator? I usually ask for residuals and money factor and plug that in, and it is straight forward from there.

My issue has been the application itself on Lucid website. It would not go through after many attempts, and would throw an error. After a few days and checks with internal finance team, I had to submit an entirely new request.

Anybody ran into this issue?

BofA only handles the backend credit checks. Lucid determines the rates (I fully suspect they front the financing/lease - there's a "TryOn financial" that's officially the lessor which I suspect is also Lucid - it's that bad 😁). Your delivery advisor will have all the numbers for you to explore different miles / years / etc (my advisor at least had them, or they'd shout to someone in the same office for the numbers and get them to me in 10 seconds)

Received word this morning that the car is on a truck and on its way up. Awesome! I received the eContract a few minutes later via email and the figures are all wrong. Ugh!

Also, the eContract I received to sign electronically is secured so as to prevent me from being able to print it. Does anyone else find that weird?

permissions.PNG

Also, the eContract I received to sign electronically is secured so as to prevent me from being able to print it. Does anyone else find that weird?

View attachment 15264
Yes, annoying. I asked my delivery advisor about this and he was able to email me a PDF of the doc. I agree with you that it's silly that they expect us to commit to such a large purchase without the chance to review it on paper at our leisure....! So try your D/A about this.

Great advice - thanks!

I apologize for my snarky skepticism. I shouldn't have lumped you in with all of the BS posts I've seen in the last week. I do sincerely hope the rest of it goes better with the purchase/lease, and that you enjoy your driving and ownership experience. It really is a wonderful car :)

Can I ask what numbers were not simple enough to run through Lucid calculator or Leasehackr calculator? I usually ask for residuals and money factor and plug that in, and it is straight forward from there.

My issue has been the application itself on Lucid website. It would not go through after many attempts, and would throw an error. After a few days and checks with internal finance team, I had to submit an entirely new request.

Anybody ran into this issue?

I tried asking for the money factor or the residual value. I never got an answer but was told to apply for the lease and I'd get the numbers. If I didn't like them, I could tell BofA to switch to a loan. It made sense since I could figure out the loan part on my own. About a week and half after applying, I got the terms for the lease. If I had had the money factor, I could have skipped that part.

When I said that a loan makes more sense, I was sent back to the website to apply again from scratch, which might have been the fourth time by then. Long story so I'll skip it. I finally got the loan part done, which has been going on for over a week. A couple of days ago I got the approval. They said that they needed to get the purchase agreement from Lucid, again. Today, I finally got the virtual paperwork to virtually sign, and was told that I was all set. Then I got a call late today from somebody telling me she needed to go over new numbers. They were the same numbers, but now she had verbal approval from me. When I asked for the next step, I was told that it was to get the email in the next day or two and then virtually sign the form. I told her that I did that already and the numbers were the same. She looked it up, agreed that I did, and sent it on to the next department.

I wish I had a better idea of where this game of ping pong is going because my car is halfway across the country and Lucid won't move it until I get the paperwork done. I thought it was done this morning, but as I said...

If anybody has an idea of what happens after I sign the virtual paperwork, I'd appreciate knowing.

I tried asking for the money factor or the residual value. I never got an answer but was told to apply for the lease and I'd get the numbers. If I didn't like them, I could tell BofA to switch to a loan. It made sense since I could figure out the loan part on my own. About a week and half after applying, I got the terms for the lease. If I had had the money factor, I could have skipped that part.

When I said that a loan makes more sense, I was sent back to the website to apply again from scratch, which might have been the fourth time by then. Long story so I'll skip it. I finally got the loan part done, which has been going on for over a week. A couple of days ago I got the approval. They said that they needed to get the purchase agreement from Lucid, again. Today, I finally got the virtual paperwork to virtually sign, and was told that I was all set. Then I got a call late today from somebody telling me she needed to go over new numbers. They were the same numbers, but now she had verbal approval from me. When I asked for the next step, I was told that it was to get the email in the next day or two and then virtually sign the form. I told her that I did that already and the numbers were the same. She looked it up, agreed that I did, and sent it on to the next department.

I wish I had a better idea of where this game of ping pong is going because my car is halfway across the country and Lucid won't move it until I get the paperwork done. I thought it was done this morning, but as I said...

If anybody has an idea of what happens after I sign the virtual paperwork, I'd appreciate knowing.
That's weird. My sales associate or whatever they're called gave me all the numbers - MF, residual on different month, mile options, and touring vs pure. Wouldn't have started the process otherwise. The MF on the pure and touring is 0% so free money. If you like it buy it after the lease. If you don't or lucid goes under, return it to them.

I tried asking for the money factor or the residual value. I never got an answer but was told to apply for the lease and I'd get the numbers.

Yeah, this is bullsh. Give me the numbers before I subject my recent credit history to a hard pull. Do you want my business or not?

My experience so far with BofA has been pretty good, but if I'd had to put up with what you have I probably would have walked away.

Back