What year is it at Lucid Finance?

fyellin

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
So I got a call this morning from Lucid Finance. Now that my VIN has been assigned, they want to finalize the terms of the loan.

So on my original application, I had indicated the amount of down payment, years of lease, and mileage (12k/year) I wanted. Their payment calculator was clearly broken*, but the amount I was told over the phone was a clearly more reasonable value.

FY: "Could you tell me what the monthly payment is if I went with 10k/year instead of 12k/year?"
LF: "I'd have to change the application form, send it back to processing, and then they'll create a new application in somewhere between 2 and 24 hours"
FY: "WTF?" [I actually said something slightly more polite.]
LF "Oh yes. They have to recalculate the taxes, refill in the forms, ......"
FY: "This is what computers are for. They're going to enter 10k into a form and the computer will do the rest."
LF "I'm sorry, that's all I can do"
FY: "Is there anyway I can talk to someone in the processing department?"
LF: "I don't even have any way of talking to someone in the finance department."

Seriously, I was hoping to think about a variety of leasing terms (3 years? 4 years?) mileage (10k? 12k?) and down payments. This should be trivial, but Lucid Finance seems to be trapped twenty years in the past.

Are all leasing departments like this? I don't deal with them that often, so I don't know how to compare.

-------

* I looked at the code used by the Lucid Finance web site. It was always setting the residual value to $0. You got the same monthly payment, no matter how many miles your drove per year.

Crazy! we can build the calculation in excel in 10 minutes if only they publish the residuals and money factor. Annyways is it possible for you to mention what lease numbers they offered. I am trying to decide if I should lease my upcoming touring..but don't seem to have good sense of numbers

So I got a call this morning from Lucid Finance. Now that my VIN has been assigned, they want to finalize the terms of the loan.

So on my original application, I had indicated the amount of down payment, years of lease, and mileage (12k/year) I wanted. Their payment calculator was clearly broken*, but the amount I was told over the phone was a clearly more reasonable value.

FY: "Could you tell me what the monthly payment is if I went with 10k/year instead of 12k/year?"
LF: "I'd have to change the application form, send it back to processing, and then they'll create a new application in somewhere between 2 and 24 hours"
FY: "WTF?" [I actually said something slightly more polite.]
LF "Oh yes. They have to recalculate the taxes, refill in the forms, ......"
FY: "This is what computers are for. They're going to enter 10k into a form and the computer will do the rest."
LF "I'm sorry, that's all I can do"
FY: "Is there anyway I can talk to someone in the processing department?"
LF: "I don't even have any way of talking to someone in the finance department."

Seriously, I was hoping to think about a variety of leasing terms (3 years? 4 years?) mileage (10k? 12k?) and down payments. This should be trivial, but Lucid Finance seems to be trapped twenty years in the past.

Are all leasing departments like this? I don't deal with them that often, so I don't know how to compare.

-------

* I looked at the code used by the Lucid Finance web site. It was always setting the residual value to $0. You got the same monthly payment, no matter how many miles your drove per year.
I just had the exact same experience! And the APR that he gave me seems unreasonably high.

fyi - apr's have been taking off, for loans too. i got mine at 3.5 but while the app was in process, the going rate jumped to 7.5%! (that was early march). good luck with your purchase/lease!

fyi - apr's have been taking off, for loans too. i got mine at 3.5 but while the app was in process, the going rate jumped to 7.5%! (that was early march). good luck with your purchase/lease!
And the current quote is 8.5%!

Crazy! we can build the calculation in excel in 10 minutes if only they publish the residuals and money factor. Annyways is it possible for you to mention what lease numbers they offered. I am trying to decide if I should lease my upcoming touring..but don't seem to have good sense of numbers
Since I'm in the middle of applying for a lease, it won't let me try again. But if you know how use "developer mode" in your browser. . .

Go to the page that lets calculate your lease payments and turn on developer mode. You will see that a file named "financeInfo" [or something like that] is downloaded. The contents of this file is a JSON data structure giving the money factors for various credit ratings and lease lengths. Unfortunately, this file also indicates that the residual is 0. My residual was about 1/3 of the purchase price.

I'll publish better info once I get more numbers from Lucid.

Since I'm in the middle of applying for a lease, it won't let me try again. But if you know how use "developer mode" in your browser. . .

Go to the page that lets calculate your lease payments and turn on developer mode. You will see that a file named "financeInfo" [or something like that] is downloaded. The contents of this file is a JSON data structure giving the money factors for various credit ratings and lease lengths. Unfortunately, this file also indicates that the residual is 0. My residual was about 1/3 of the purchase price.

I'll publish better info once I get more numbers from Lucid.
I will try this. a 1/3 residual seems v low

I will try this. a 1/3 residual seems v low

The purchase price is $148k and the residual after 12,000 miles for 4 years that I was quoted $54,143.37. So 36.6%. I suppose a low residual price means that I can buy it for cheap at the end of the lease. When I find out the residual for 10,000 miles for 4 years, I'll let you know

Back