• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Charging ioniq 5 with lucid

Attachments

• 20231210_135935.jpg
    20231210_135935.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Are you on 2.1.43?

I'm still on 2.1.42 and my kit just arrived. I connected it to my Rivian like the directions explain, but there is no notification on the pilot panel to start RengeExchange. The literature says nothing about having to be on a certain software version.

I made sure to disable scheduled charging on both vehicles in case that would be a hang up.

Are you on 2.1.43?

I'm still on 2.1.42 and my kit just arrived. I connected it to my Rivian like the directions explain, but there is no notification on the pilot panel to start RengeExchange. The literature says nothing about having to be on a certain software version.

I made sure to disable scheduled charging on both vehicles in case that would be a hang up.
I have 2.1.42. You have to open charge settings on the pilot panel and select the %soc you want lucid to have after charging the other ev

Are you on 2.1.43?

I’m unable to get the charging to start either. Currently on 2.1.43. Tried charging a Tesla model 3 and Rivian R1S but neither worked. Tesla claims charging error no power. And there are red lights on the new Lucid charger but there are blue lights at the lucid charge port. Made sure all connections were tight and secure throughout the chain. Tried an Air logo reset also. No luck

Attachments

• 72394095296__C7173AEB-6766-49C8-9FB8-AFDD2FD142A7.jpeg
    72394095296__C7173AEB-6766-49C8-9FB8-AFDD2FD142A7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 72394099872__5ACB3B60-1358-4EA2-B6C0-CE40BDFCBADA.jpeg
    72394099872__5ACB3B60-1358-4EA2-B6C0-CE40BDFCBADA.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.08.19 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.08.19 PM.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58
Try again. First connect the lucid charger to the lucid port. Then if you are trying charge tesla, connect the adapter. Wait for 1 minute. Then plug into tesla. Finally use the pilot panel to set the limit.

I decided to call Customer Care and was told some interesting information.

They "confirmed" that you need to be on 2.1.43 for RangeXchange to work. This seems to have debunked from a message response above. The employee also stated that internally they should have everyone on 2.1.43 by December 30th.

Try again. First connect the lucid charger to the lucid port. Then if you are trying charge tesla, connect the adapter. Wait for 1 minute. Then plug into tesla. Finally use the pilot panel to set the limit.
Tried multiple times. Even the Rivian failed too. Might be a bad adapter as my luck would have it

Attachments

• 72394110182__A625A198-EBB8-4866-96A0-F5D22B73D0B2.jpeg
    72394110182__A625A198-EBB8-4866-96A0-F5D22B73D0B2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Tried multiple times. Even the Rivian failed too. Might be a bad adapter as my luck would have it
Try using the mobile charger plugged into an outlet before using the Lucid as a powersource.

Last edited:
I tried it again with my Rivian and it worked. The Rivian is gaining 21 miles per hour. Pretty cool.

Just to confirm, 2.1.43 is not required.
What did you change?

Just got my Range Xchange. Very surprised it is a complete mobile charger Which you can plug in or give/get charge from another vehicle! Planning on trying it on the Leaf tomorrow. Will come in handy since the Leaf has so little range. Now if my son needs more juice during the day, he can plug into the Lucid and I can refill the Lucid at night with the cheap power,

I had the cables in the wrong direction! Looking at the pictures, I thought the Lucid with the RangeXchange power pack side of the cable was a larger SUV and therefore the receiving unit to the host car.

I am not a smart man...

I had the cables in the wrong direction! Looking at the pictures, I thought the Lucid with the RangeXchange power pack side of the cable was a larger SUV and therefore the receiving unit to the host car.

I am not a smart man...
I see that informational card they included in the package must've not been included with yours...

Lucid did everything right. They even provided the informational sheet. My son was in the ER all night so I'm going on 2 hours of sleep and wanted to try it out between watching the football games/making dinner, etc. Directions are important.

Lucid did everything right. They even provided the informational sheet. My son was in the ER all night so I'm going on 2 hours of sleep and wanted to try it out between watching the football games/making dinner, etc. Directions are important.
Best of luck to your son! Not fun being in the er as I was reminded of a week ago.

Just received mine, got a new portable charger as well which is pretty wild that they included it for $125, what a steal! Excited to try it with charging up my Tesla later.

I decided to call Customer Care and was told some interesting information.

They "confirmed" that you need to be on 2.1.43 for RangeXchange to work. This seems to have debunked from a message response above. The employee also stated that internally they should have everyone on 2.1.43 by December 30th.

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT true.

2.1.43 only updates the cellular modem.

2.1.42 is the correct SW.

Back