Insurance Megathread

AAA got back to me with a quote that was almost double State Farm and she said she was giving me a rate that assumed I moved all my cars over as well as my homeowners. I don’t know how that other person got those rates.

I did a quick online quote with progressive and it would range from about $200/year for liability only to $1600/year with basic normal deductible coverage to $1900/year with $500 deductibles

Yea, I have to use max coverages due to requirements for my Umbrella policy, but my quotes from State Farm and AAA were apples to apples. $1600 SF and $3000 from AAA.

Yea, I have to use max coverages due to requirements for my Umbrella policy, but my quotes from State Farm and AAA were apples to apples. $1600 SF and $3000 from AAA.
Once I get my VIN, I'll do a deeper dive, but just wanted to see what I was looking at. I am with Farmers/MetLife for all of our policies so will get a quote with them . I'll even try AAA with whom we had everything with until they unceremoniously dropped our homeowners policy in CA. Seems like it will be not much more than our other cars which is interesting due to the MUCH higher value on the Lucid

Weird, I am in Chicago, IL so it may be different for California.

Once I get my VIN, I'll do a deeper dive, but just wanted to see what I was looking at. I am with Farmers/MetLife for all of our policies so will get a quote with them . I'll even try AAA with whom we had everything with until they unceremoniously dropped our homeowners policy in CA. Seems like it will be not much more than our other cars which is interesting due to the MUCH higher value on the Lucid

When I bought my 2018 Panamera Turbo, Traveler's dropped me because they would not insure any car over 150K. I subsequently went with PURE. They specialize in insuring higher priced cars and I had them insure my home, my wife's car and umbrella policy as well. Traveler's loss. PURE's gain.

Folks, I don't see Amica mentioned anywhere - it's one of the top rated insurers out there. I have all of mine - auto, home, umbrella with them. I'll contact them when I get a VIN and will update this thread.

When I bought my 2018 Panamera Turbo, Traveler's dropped me because they would not insure any car over 150K. I subsequently went with PURE. They specialize in insuring higher priced cars and I had them insure my home, my wife's car and umbrella policy as well. Traveler's loss. PURE's gain.

PURE is fantastic. I’m with Cincinnati because PURE wouldn’t quote my home until I did a seismic retrofit - turns out it was done in 2002 and I didn’t know, haha. Currently getting quotes.

Cincinnati has been fantastic too.

PURE is fantastic. I’m with Cincinnati because PURE wouldn’t quote my home until I did a seismic retrofit - turns out it was done in 2002 and I didn’t know, haha. Currently getting quotes.

Cincinnati has been fantastic too.
Love Pure. Moved my homes and cars from Chubb to them a few years ago. Not cheap but best service out there. Of course, they never heard of a Lucid when I called. Will check when I get a VIN (hopefully soon).

My quote from State Farm was ~$1750 per year ($145/month) (give or take since they don't have the VIN). This was for the Bay Area, 30+ years driving, clean record, etc

My Fiat 124 and my wife's Prius are a little less than $100/month each.

My quote from State Farm was ~$1750 per year ($145/month) (give or take since they don't have the VIN). This was for the Bay Area, 30+ years driving, clean record, etc

My Fiat 124 and my wife's Prius are a little less than $100/month each.

If you calculate it per HP, the Lucid is a steal.

Love Pure. Moved my homes and cars from Chubb to them a few years ago. Not cheap but best service out there. Of course, they never heard of a Lucid when I called. Will check when I get a VIN (hopefully soon).

Did you get a quote? I got one and it is sky high, but the rest of the quote (homeowner, collections, umbrella) actually ends up somewhat cheaper than Cincinnati.

Have you been happy with PURE? Any comparison with Cincinnati?

I tried to get a quote for home and car from Pure, but they won't insure my home due to wildfire risk. Yay California!

I tried to get a quote for home and car from Pure, but they won't insure my home due to wildfire risk. Yay California!

Yeah, that’s PURE for ya. They’re insanely selective about who they insure, ostensibly to keep costs low. I luckily had a seismic retrofit done to the home in 2002 (18 years before I bought), otherwise they wouldn’t insure me either. Yay California! :p

Did you get a quote? I got one and it is sky high, but the rest of the quote (homeowner, collections, umbrella) actually ends up somewhat cheaper than Cincinnati.

Have you been happy with PURE? Any comparison with Cincinnati?
My quote was $2400 annually in Florida which is what I’m paying for my Tesla S in CT. I love Pure but am a little biased. Am pretty close with CEO and CFO after buying 10% of them at my prior job. Had my wife’s Honda Odyssey rear ended on 95 in Florida and totaled last year. They paid way over Blue Book value and were a pleasure to deal with. I’ve only been insured with Chubb and now Pure, so no experience with Cincinnati Financial. Not many options these days for HNW insurance market. Comparable service level to Chubb but a little more personal. Have 3 homes and 5 cars and umbrella insured with them along with some minor collections. They were more expensive than Chubb but I wanted to try them out.

Travelers
$1400 per year - based on stated value. Once insurance companies figure out what car this is and it is in their system, they will raise the rates.

Travelers
$1400 per year - based on stated value. Once insurance companies figure out what car this is and it is in their system, they will raise the rates.

I fear this. In Massachusetts insurance companies are required to cover "windshields" (actually any glass breakage) without a deductible that normally applies to all other damages. I am guessing when they process some claims for that with the Airs they will refigure the premiums.

Travelers
Uhm, I'm already paying 3900/year. I HOPE it doesn't go up

Back