Insurance Megathread

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
My agent quoted 1,085 per year, 250/500 coverage in NH

There's mention of several sources earlier in this thread. With more DEs delivered, you should be able to find some options -- CHUBB, Encompass, AAA, ...

My Dream Performance insurance thru Farmers is $1,472/6mo, northern california, clean record.

I had to work with Chubb to get Lucid added to the list starting a few months ago. I successfully added it but they are still having issues making it show up on my policy.

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
I got my VIN and called my insurance agent. My quote was less than I'm paying for my Tesla Model 3. I was quoted around $850/year

I got my VIN and called my insurance agent. My quote was less than I'm paying for my Tesla Model 3. I was quoted around $850/year
Awesome news on both fronts. The normal next questions...when did you place your reservation? When did you confirm it? And what color exterior and interior did you get?

Awesome news on both fronts. The normal next questions...when did you place your reservation? When did you confirm it? And what color exterior and interior did you get?
I don't remember when I placed my reservation. The past two years, with everything going on, have been a time warp... I got the email to confirm the reservation November 30 and took about 10 seconds to accept. I should be getting it in the next four weeks according to my advisor. I got a GT white with the solid grey interior. So excited!!

I don't remember when I placed my reservation. The past two years, with everything going on, have been a time warp... I got the email to confirm the reservation November 30 and took about 10 seconds to accept. I should be getting it in the next four weeks according to my advisor. I got a GT white with the solid grey interior. So excited!!
Awesome and congrats! Continues the thinking that those who ordered Black, White or Red (or maybe just White or Red) and do not have a white interior (Santa Cruz) are the ones getting the VINs right now. Hope the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you!

I just asked for a rate quote from my Statefarm agent here in Charlotte. I told her I need a quote for a Lucid Air Grand Touring and her response was "a what?". It will be interesting to see how NC compares to AZ.
I requested a quote from my State Farm agent last November and was quoted $765 for six months. I live in WA state.

What insurance company are you using? I’m in MA and thinking about alternatives.
I’m in Rhode Island which has the same insane costs as MA with bad roads and drivers, GEICO would cost me 1900 for 6 months (for the Lucid and my wife's Subaru). I just got a quote from Esurance that's 1100 for 6 months. I've had GEICO since 2000 and they've been outstanding for claims, but may switch to Esurance, saving $1600/yr adds up. Has anyone had an experience with Esurance claims? I also omitted roadside assistance as you do NOT want anyone aside from Lucid's roadside assistance touching your car, I've seen videos of Teslas severely damaged by AAA (one required a battery replacement!) and other towing companies mishandling the car.

I'm in Southern Ca, insured my GT with Hagerty for $1500.00 per year. AAA would be my next choice, very fair claims handling, State Farm is last with the worst claims practices.

I just asked for a rate quote from my Statefarm agent here in Charlotte. I told her I need a quote for a Lucid Air Grand Touring and her response was "a what?". It will be interesting to see how NC compares to AZ.
@CLTGT State Farm quoted me about $1100 year with multi-car discount.

My insurance just goes by what I pay for a car for rates. They do not care what the make and model may be. Since I have other cars on the policy my agent said I’d be paying $850 per year on a touring.

I'm in Southern Ca, insured my GT with Hagerty for $1500.00 per year. AAA would be my next choice, very fair claims handling, State Farm is last with the worst claims practices.
Hmm, My DE is 3900/yr.....I should shop for rates again

Geico just quoted an increase in 6 month premium of $453. Shocking! Given that I had a Model X that I just sold was quoted $1700 for 6 months. Any ideas why? Location - Scottsdale, AZ

Last edited:
Geico just quoted an increase in 6 month premium of $453. Shocking! Given that I had a Model X that I just sold was quoted $1700 for 6 months. Any ideas why? Location - Scottsdale, AZ
Weird, I have GEICO in Rhode Island which is very expensive to insure in and they quoted me $1900 for 6 months (includes my wife’s subaru). Esurance so far has given me the best quote of $1100 for 6 months, so I’m gonna switch to them as soon as Lucid gives me a delivery date.

Insurance companies, at least here in California, have been using the bs excuse of “more drivers are back on the road after Covid so rates are going up.” Stupidest thing I’ve heard, but stuff has gone up across the board. My insurance currently is through Tesla, and my policy renewed at an extra $120/6 months. 🤷‍♂️

Back