Insurance Megathread

$1267 a year for me including Gap loan coverage through Progressive as an add-on policy.

USAA if you a Veteran or belong to veterans family.

Price depends on multiple car discount, driving history, location and coverage.

I can't believe you guys are getting such cheap rates. I am on Pure, paying $2400 a year which I already thought was a very good. This includes agreed value $169k and max coverage. I asked a few other places and none were near this quote. Could CA be so much more expensive??!

I'm paying $3800 / year....

So one issue I have with this thread is that there are so many variables that go into an insurance quote (location, deductibles, coverage amounts, multiline discounts, etc). It makes all these numbers pretty meaningless unfortunately, unless it's a truly apple to apples comparison.

I can't believe you guys are getting such cheap rates. I am on Pure, paying $2400 a year which I already thought was a very good. This includes agreed value $169k and max coverage. I asked a few other places and none were near this quote. Could CA be so much more expensive??!
In California it is expensive.
I was not aware LA PURE is released as of yet. When did you get your PURE?

Sorry, I didn't realize Pure was an insurance company.

Get your broker to quote you with Cincinnati. I’m paying $1885 through them, also in CA, for 500/500 (would be 250/500, but the price was no different). Everything else is the same; agreed value, GAP, etc., since it’s also a HNW insurance carrier.

I didn’t until reading about it here

they tailor for the “High net worth individuals” according to their tag line
I’ve been a Pure policyholder for past 5 years after dumping Chubb for them. I believe Pure’s service is the best out there. But certainly not the cheapest.

I expect when I go to get a quote from Travelers here in Arizona it will be mother BOHICA moment. One more year until my wife’s crash comes off her record.

I’ve been a Pure policyholder for past 5 years after dumping Chubb for them. I believe Pure’s service is the best out there. But certainly not the cheapest.

Pure is great; I may switch to them assuming I can get a better rate. They quoted me higher than Cincinnati, and I have had fantastic experiences with Cincinnati as well. Chubb sucks, lol.

Pure is great; I may switch to them assuming I can get a better rate. They quoted me higher than Cincinnati, and I have had fantastic experiences with Cincinnati as well. Chubb sucks, lol.
IMO, Chubb living off its past reputation, pre acquisition. Lucid AGT quote from Pure for $500K/$500K coverage and $1K deductible is $2,187 annually if garaged in Florida and $3,533 if garaged in CT.

Back