How to lower suspension?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Is there a way to lower suspension like with after market chain links? I know in Model S unplugged made these links you can adjust that allow you to lower fender ride height to make wheels look sharp. Any after market stuff for this yet?

Like to close the gap here
IMG_7701.jpeg

That might look cool to people who enjoy that, but I would be wary of changing the suspension geometry on this car. It handles so beautifully, I think lowering it could throw it off. Also, it’s already very low. Have you watched Munro‘s videos on the suspension and how amazing the set up is? Might not want to mess with that.

I suppose you could lower the car, but there is not much room. There are some parts of road (traffic light, middle of intersection) where taking the turn at speed would bottom out the car.

The practicality of the mod is something to give thought to. Bottoming out the car every time you meet a speed bump is probably not what you want to do. On the other hand, larger wheels may accomplish the same goal?

These wheels were 20 inch so going bigger would be 21-22 which would start to compromise range and ride quality

Fair enough. I can't speak to the difference in ride quality. I'll let you know how it compares if you like once another member and I wrap up on purchasing his 19" wheels.

The ride quality as is and the range have been absolutely phenomenal even with 21s. No All Season options yet, but I expect the range to increase when made available.

Yeah I had 19s before and that drove so nice.
The 20s feel like they got my traction, steering is a little heavier, but also drives very nice !
IMG_7658.jpeg

The front airfoils are only 3 1/8" off the ground as it is. One of the reasons I decided against switching from a DE-P to a Sapphire is that the Sapphire is lower. I've had enough trouble keeping the airfoils on the car I already have. There would just be too many places you couldn't drive a lowered Lucid without damage.

The front airfoils are only 3 1/8" off the ground as it is. One of the reasons I decided against switching from a DE-P to a Sapphire is that the Sapphire is lower. I've had enough trouble keeping the airfoils on the car I already have. There would just be too many places you couldn't drive a lowered Lucid without damage.
I need to research what an air foil is , that in the tech talk ?

These wheels were 20 inch so going bigger would be 21-22 which would start to compromise range and ride quality
Lol, you are worried about ride quality but want to screw around and change the suspension. 🤦‍♂️

As long as it’s smooth and lot of range I am good
Then stay with what Lucid spent countless hours tuning to what it is now. No one knows the car's dynamics better than they do.

Wheel size has nothing to do with range. The overall diameter of the wheel and tire is the same amongst all of the options. It’s contact patch size and tire composition that matter.

Wheel size has nothing to do with range. The overall diameter of the wheel and tire is the same amongst all of the options. It’s contact patch size and tire composition that matter.
My understand is :
19 inch wheels have 516 miles range
21 inch wheels have 469’miles range so my understand. Was it take greater energy to turn the. Radius of the 21 on h wheel or whatever the scientific jargon is. Pretty sure wheel size has some effect

My understand is :
19 inch wheels have 516 miles range
21 inch wheels have 469’miles range so my understand. Was it take greater energy to turn the. Radius of the 21 on h wheel or whatever the scientific jargon is. Pretty sure wheel size has some effect
No, it is because of the tires. The 21s are wider which leads to a larger contact patch and the tire compound is a summer compound which is more sticky and has higher rolling resistance than the all season tires mounted on the 19s.

I need to research what an air foil is , that in the tech talk ?

An air foil is a generic term for a device that changes dynamic air flow over a surface. The airfoils that sit ahead of the Lucid's front tires are probably there to reduce the aerodynamic drag of the front tires. I don't think Lucid has gotten that granular in any of its published discussions of airflow management.

No, it is because of the tires. The 21s are wider which leads to a larger contact patch and the tire compound is a summer compound which is more sticky and has higher rolling resistance than the all season tires mounted on the 19s.
As an addition to this comment, go to BMWs website and build an i7. In the wheels section, the 21s strangely have better range than the smaller tires, this is because of summer vs AS.

So in theory if I have the same width 245 in my 20s as my 19s then I will get same Range ?
Believe stock lucid is 245/45/19
Below is Michelin Pilot Sport AS4
IMG_7699.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg

Back