How to lower suspension?

There was a lot of incorrect items stated as fact in the quoted post.
1. The stock 20s and 21s do not have the same rubber. See below.
2. The size of the rim does not impact (much) the overall size of the rim/tire combo (i.e. there is no "bigger circle" except when moving from 19" to 20"+, and that difference is 0.6"), and therefore it does not impact range. As I mentioned above, range is impacted by the width of the tire because it has a larger contact patch as well as a composition of the tire… More sticky will have more rolling resistance and lower range.

19″ Aero Range – 245/45R19 Pirelli PZERO AS+
OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
20″ Aero Lite – 245/40R20 (Front) / 265/40R20 (Rear) Michelin Pilot Sport EV.
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
REAR OVERALL DIAMETER: 28.3"​
21″ Aero Blade & Sport – 245/35R21 (Front) / 265/35R21 (Rear) Pirelli PZERO PZ4
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.8"​
REAR OVERALL DIAMETER: 28.3"​
Bobby, I am taking my car to Lucid on Monday cause they said or I read I need to recalibrate to 20 inch wheels. But I did a square set of 20 inch wheels which is gone off the script and not a stock set up. Would it make more sense to calibrate for 19 inch wheels or 20 inch wheels?
So far the plan is calibrate for 20s

So I was looking at sapphire :
They run 265/35-20 on the fronts which is actually smaller tire than me but their fitment is excellent. My guess for track car suspension is lowered:

IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7860.jpeg

If you find any aftermarket lowering options let me know. I am ordering a set of 22s for mine tomorrow but I can care less about range. I have plenty. I don't take road trips.

IMG_20230619_134113.jpg

Here is a real car. Not photoshopped on 22s

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_145737.jpg
    IMG_20230619_145737.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 99
Bobby, I am taking my car to Lucid on Monday cause they said or I read I need to recalibrate to 20 inch wheels. But I did a square set of 20 inch wheels which is gone off the script and not a stock set up. Would it make more sense to calibrate for 19 inch wheels or 20 inch wheels?
So far the plan is calibrate for 20s
Do they actually recalibrate for 20" wheel size per se, or just due to the fact that they are wheels with different TPMS transmitters than the oem registered with the car. There are many posts that say any change in TPMS requires recalibration. I guess if you moved your transmitters to the new wheels, you would be fine.

This may very well be (in my opinion) one of the worst visual aftermarket changes I've seen so far to a Lucid. It's just visually overpowering.
I... actually... don't hate it.

That explains it much more.
In addition, I believe @blueice89 went for 245s all around on 20s, so the range should be between that of a 19 and a 20, assuming the tire compound is range optimized.
I don’t believe that 245 all around on 20 satisfies the load rating requirements for lucid .. the 20” ones are only 99w for 245 on the 20 and 21 need 99 in front (245) and above 103 on the back (255 or 265) . So keep mind of that …
The 19” I believe are 102 on all ..

I did get a 6-7% hit on range as I have a thicker 255 on the back than my original 245

Also as Bobby says the overall diameter is the same . Moving the original TPMs from the 19 to the 20 worked just fine for me

Last edited:
I don’t believe that 245 all around on 20 satisfies the load rating requirements for lucid .. the 20” ones are only 99w on the 20 and 21 need 99 in front and above 103 on the back . So keep mind of that …
The 19” I believe are 103 on all ..

Also as Bobby says the overall diameter is the same . Moving the original TPMs from the 19 to the 20 worked just fine for me
No idea what you said but our car is working fine !!
IMG_7386.jpeg

Glad to hear!!! If u look at the load ratings in the manual the 20 and 21” tires call
For a higher load rating at the rear. But u should be ok as maybe 99y won’t make too much of a
Diff..🤷‍♂️

I like the Lucid factory wheels. I have a set of factory 19s for winter and a set of factory 21s for summer. Love them both.
Learning to live with the TPMS warning light on all the time. TPMS is for girls.

I like the Lucid factory wheels. I have a set of factory 19s for winter and a set of factory 21s for summer. Love them both.
Learning to live with the TPMS warning light on all the time. TPMS is for girls.
Yeah I think this is the way I am not paying 200$ each time to make the light go away long live the light lol

Yeah I think this is the way I am not paying 200$ each time to make the light go away long live the light lol
Wow! They charge $200 to reprogram the light? That means $400/ year for me as I live where you can't use one set of tires year 'round. Thanks for telling me !

Lifetime TPMS fix = $1.25

Wow! They charge $200 to reprogram the light? That means $400/ year for me as I live where you can't use one set of tires year 'round. Thanks for telling me !

Lifetime TPMS fix = $1.25
You don’t need to reprogram the TPMS if you just switch tires. It’s when you’re switching *wheel size* that you do. I do hope they make that user serviceable though. Right now they charge an hour of labor.

Back