How to lower suspension?

Are your new rims wider, or are they the same width as the stock Lucid 20" wheels? The tyres look a little "stretched" but that could just be the lighting.

Someone suggested that if I get a bigger tire same wheel
Current
245/40-20 then it might fill the gap a little better.
Any suggestion on what tire might go with?
I think just close the little gaps and it’s perfect!

IMG_7747.jpeg

Are your new rims wider, or are they the same width as the stock Lucid 20" wheels? The tyres look a little "stretched" but that could just be the lighting.
Lucid stock is staggered mine are square

245/40-20
Remember, the 245 number is the millimeters of width of the tire. The second number is the percent of the diameter that is the height of the tire ("aspect ratio").

To close an inch gap at the fender, the tire would have to be much larger, like 2" diameter more. Might look silly on 20s.

I didnt mean changing the style of rims(i love your rims), but why change the sizing?
Oh I thought maybe to close the gap a little bit. But I still love it either way just like to explore ideas next big thing

Oh I thought maybe to close the gap a little bit. But I still love it either way just like to explore ideas next big thing
Do remember, making the size of the rims bigger will massively impact your range, because now it has to spin around a bigger circle.(rim and tire combined) For the OEM sizing, 20s and 21s for example have the same range as the combined circles are the same size, and the rubber is the same.
Also, I think it would look kind of... "off" because its going to look like a 911 dakar.(and by that I mean a meatier tire compared to the rim)

Do remember, making the size of the rims bigger will massively impact your range, because now it has to spin around a bigger circle.(rim and tire combined) For the OEM sizing, 20s and 21s for example have the same range as the combined circles are the same size, and the rubber is the same.
Also, I think it would look kind of... "off" because its going to look like a 911 dakar.(and by that I mean a meatier tire compared to the rim)
There was a lot of incorrect items stated as fact in the quoted post.
1. The stock 20s and 21s do not have the same rubber. See below.
2. The size of the rim does not impact (much) the overall size of the rim/tire combo (i.e. there is no "bigger circle" except when moving from 19" to 20"+, and that difference is 0.6"), and therefore it does not impact range. As I mentioned above, range is impacted by the width of the tire because it has a larger contact patch as well as a composition of the tire… More sticky will have more rolling resistance and lower range.

19″ Aero Range – 245/45R19 Pirelli PZERO AS+
OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
20″ Aero Lite – 245/40R20 (Front) / 265/40R20 (Rear) Michelin Pilot Sport EV.
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
REAR OVERALL DIAMETER: 28.3"​
21″ Aero Blade & Sport – 245/35R21 (Front) / 265/35R21 (Rear) Pirelli PZERO PZ4
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.8"​

There was a lot of incorrect items stated as fact in the quoted post.
1. The stock 20s and 21s do not have the same rubber. See below.
2. The size of the rim does not impact (much) the overall size of the rim/tire combo (i.e. there is no "bigger circle" except when moving from 19" to 20"+, and that difference is 0.6"), and therefore it does not impact range. As I mentioned above, range is impacted by the width of the tire because it has a larger contact patch as well as a composition of the tire… More sticky will have more rolling resistance and lower range.

19″ Aero Range – 245/45R19 Pirelli PZERO AS+
OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
20″ Aero Lite – 245/40R20 (Front) / 265/40R20 (Rear) Michelin Pilot Sport EV.
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.7"​
21″ Aero Blade & Sport – 245/35R21 (Front) / 265/35R21 (Rear) Pirelli PZERO PZ4
FRONT OVERALL DIAMETER: 27.8"​
That explains it much more.
In addition, I believe @blueice89 went for 245s all around on 20s, so the range should be between that of a 19 and a 20, assuming the tire compound is range optimized.

Back