Is the ride height of the touring different than other trims?

momo3605

Verified Owner
Cars
718 Spyder, R1T, Air T
Referral Code
OV9HL03Y
I went through some pictures in the photos thread and it looks to me like some cars have a lower ride height than others. My wheel to fender gap looks huge and bigger than what some other people have posted. Any idea if this looks normal?

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 68
Put a ruler to the top of the tire to the wheel well and I’ll check my for comparison for you. Make sure car is parked flat and not on an incline.

I went through some pictures in the photos thread and it looks to me like some cars have a lower ride height than others. My wheel to fender gap looks huge and bigger than what some other people have posted. Any idea if this looks normal?
A lot of people here hate the wheel gaps... just ask @blueice89 !

Lower sidewall tires will probably look like they fill up more of the wheel well despite the combined area of the rim/tire being equivalent. This is because to our brains, the black tire blends in with the black wheel well.

Probably exacerbated by the large negative space in the 20s as well, maybe try taking off the covers?(do be careful as scratches might result)

Interesting. Look at the car profile shot on the banner of the forum page. It does look like quite a difference. In the photo of your car, is it on downward sloping pavement? It looks to me like it is, which I imagine might affect the suspension.

Interesting. Look at the car profile shot on the banner of the forum page. It does look like quite a difference. In the photo of your car, is it on downward sloping pavement? It looks to me like it is, which I imagine might affect the suspension.
Based on the rims and fins on top of the banner car, it looks like the 2016 prototype of the Air. Back then, the Air was also planned to have an air suspension, so I don't think that is comparable.

Based on the rims and fins on top of the banner car, it looks like the 2016 prototype of the Air. Back then, the Air was also planned to have an air suspension, so I don't think that is comparable.
Man I do wish it looked like the banner car 😅

Will be hard to tell without a ruler. These are on 21”.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 56
Back