How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From my tests on the road, it's definitely more about the speed than it is about feathering
And what I mean is that of course the faster you accelerate off the line make a a huge difference, I just mean in general when you're on a highway, speed all the way for highway driving. Plus adaptive cruise control helped a lot
I’ve been far more successful at range improvements w/out ACC. That’s not saying ACC is bad, but I can beat it. I believe @GEWC does as well.

I’ve been far more successful at range improvements w/out ACC. That’s not saying ACC is bad, but I can beat it. I believe @GEWC does as well.
On acceleration from a stop, ACC is very bad, but once you're up to speed, I like it for maintaining the speed

But yeah you're right about that

When I was On my road trip, I rarely ever came to a stop once I was going unless it was to charge

On acceleration from a stop, ACC is very bad, but once you're up to speed, I like it for maintaining the speed

But yeah you're right about that

When I was On my road trip, I rarely ever came to a stop once I was going unless it was to charge

How was your charging / EA experience in your trip?

How was your charging / EA experience in your trip?
Used about 15 chargers, only had issues with the one in my home city after the trip came to an end. And it was because oluf and play didn't work, it wanted me to use the EA app to start the charge. Which I didn't have access to because the car wasn't in my name, so I just paid using my own card. And it worked.

But plug and play worked on every single charger the very first time.

I was so comfortable with EA Chargers being reliable that I showed up to one with 5 percent charge

2.9 mi/kwh on about 60 miles on freeway averaging about 83mph and 5mi city driving. 19" Pure, road is damp.

91mi trip total. 25mi on highway averaging 55 mph it increased to 3.3mi/kwh

2.9 mi/kwh on about 60 miles on freeway averaging about 83mph and 5mi city driving. 19" Pure, road is damp.

91mi trip total. 25mi on highway averaging 55 mph it increased to 3.3mi/kwh
That should improve once the car is over 2500 miles as the natural resistance in the new motors loosens, or at least that’s what service told me.

That should improve once the car is over 2500 miles as the natural resistance in the new motors loosens, or at least that’s what service told me.
I can attest that isn’t what happened to me and I’m still confused about this weird notion it does happen. Depending on climate, should change based on those conditions though. Wouldn’t mind hearing a follow up after a few months.

I’m officially around 9,000 miles.

I can attest that isn’t what happened to me and I’m still confused about this weird notion it does happen. Depending on climate, should change based on those conditions though.

I started out 2.6~2.8 in first 2000 miles. Now at 6200 miles, my lifetime is at 3.0~3.1. I’m on 21”, I don’t bother anymore. I expect it to go down bc of winter. I hope OEM can one day produce 21” or 20” All Season tires, then who knows how those number may change again.

My car has been very consistent around 2.9 with no difference between (0-2500) miles and (2501- 14,000).

I started out 2.6~2.8 in first 2000 miles. Now at 6200 miles, my lifetime is at 3.0~3.1. I’m on 21”, I don’t bother anymore. I expect it to go down bc of winter. I hope OEM can one day produce 21” or 20” All Season tires, then who knows how those number may change again.
I’m still holding out for a solid 20/21” All Season set before I run my tred dries up. Actually really curious if anyone has had to replace the OEM wheels yet and how much mileage they got out of it.

I haven't been on a road trip yet, just around town driving. My longest drives have been to the Lucid service center off the interstate. I admit to driving too fast to maximize range.

I may be wrong, but based on my observation, I think driving in cold weather in Sprint mode actually have better efficiency result. How? I noticed when car starts out cold after home 89% charge, it will be at 2.2 mi/kWh first few miles in Sprint, but ended up at 3.3 mi/kWh. I believe Sprint mode would burst more energy into battery thermal transmission; once the battery system is much warmer, it actually is more efficient than a colder battery. My assumption could be wrong and I don’t use spreadsheet to collect data points; but my recent Sprint mode has shown me it is good to heat up car early in cold weather.

I am hearing from a lot of owners that they are getting no where near the estimated range published on the Lucid Motors site. I know this is not uncommon of any EV, including Tesla. But I am curious what range you are actually getting with your "normal" driving - however you normally drive.
This question doesn't really work without specifying parameters. Uphill, downhill, or flat. cold, medium or hot. highway or local driving; leadfoot or hypermiler; On my GV60 I can get significantly above EPA driving without care on local routes but on the highway, at 75 mph, it is about 2.7 /kwh. This is with temperatures in the 60s, reasonably flat terrain, closer to a leadfoot than a hypermiler.

Return home was a bit slower due to traffic. In total today approximately 3.35mi/kwh with 70% distance on mostly flat freeway 79-82mph average and 25% on highway slight hills 50-60mph average. Temps in the 50's. No heater or fan on.

Not very optimistic on the range. I was expecting 3.6 to 3.7 average.

I wish Lucid can just display like Polestar 2 Google Map with SOC% in destination instead of miles left.

They also have projected range and real-world range in other app. These indicators are more realistic and not misleading to people on road trip. If someone fully follow that current Lucid range estimator instead of ABRP, they will get burned and stranded.
3CF4B3A7-3BDB-4AF4-B060-4F64F0FC96DB.jpeg

I can attest that isn’t what happened to me and I’m still confused about this weird notion it does happen. Depending on climate, should change based on those conditions though. Wouldn’t mind hearing a follow up after a few months.

There are indications it’s a myth

There are indications it’s a myth
If you have specific examples proving that, please list them, as this forum has multiple anecdotes in both directions.

Your comment would have been equally valid if you had said “there are indications it isn’t a myth,” which doesn’t provide a ton of value. :/

#1--read my post---I never claimed "proof" of anything----I said there are "indications" which primarily are the testimony of people here who have seen no improvement.
#2 If the "break-in" improvement has a basis in science and engineering, I'd expect Lucid to tout it, since there is so much push-back on poor mileage compare to advertised.

#3 Since when is it a criterion that posts here contain "a ton of value"-- or any?

Back