How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you use heater or seat heating, it is more taxing than using AC. When temperature was at 70F~80F, I see 3.2~3.4 mi/kWh. Now I just see 2.6~2.8 mi/kWh at 45F~60F. I can imagine further drop temperature can get even worse numbers, but I cannot go out under 45F with 21” tires to observe.
I haven't had to use the heat yet here is Houston, but I will this week.

I thought seat and steering heat is preferred over regular heater. I think heat is worse than ac but seat heaters and stuff should be OK?
I don’t know how much energy they actually consume, I usually turn both of them on + heated steering wheel. I don’t guage details, I never concern about range unless I go out of town.

Just finished a drive up, set the acc to 75, made it 242 miles on 60% SOC which would work out to roughly 403 miles ON a full charge.

IMG_20221122_223900.jpg
IMG_20221122_221934.jpg

20-32 degrees temperature the whole drive, averaging 3 - 3.5
Was 3.8 in DC, but as I started heading west, it has gotten lower as it has been colder and more mountainous.

So right now in this cold winter, I'm averaging 70-82 percent efficiency

GT on 21's I get 2.8-3.0kwh 70% city and 30% hwy. Currently at 2.9kwh over 4000 miles 85% city 45-60mph and 15% hwy at 80mph with Regen set to max

GT on 21's I get 2.8-3.0kwh 70% city and 30% hwy. Currently at 2.9kwh over 4000 miles 85% city 45-60mph and 15% hwy at 80mph with Regen set to max
Yep. More time on the city, less efficient the Air will be.

In the Settings > Vehicle > Trip Information I have Trip B running from Day One. 4037 miles traveled, 1165kWh charged, giving 3.5mi/kWh as long base line average for us. 19" wheels, Sunny California driving, mostly on 101.

3.5mi/kWh * 112 kWh battery predicts 400 mile range. That feels correct based our experience. So 100 miles more than any other car.

Yep. More time on the city, less efficient the Air will be.
I just remembered. The Air GT. Is epa rated higher in the city vs on the highway. Like 122 vs 121 mpg equivalent.

That's super misleading. I hope they can improve the accuracy of their tests.

I just remembered. The Air GT. Is epa rated higher in the city vs on the highway. Like 122 vs 121 mpg equivalent.

That's super misleading. I hope they can improve the accuracy of their tests.
It is too bad that the EPA no longer publishes both City and Highway but here are the numbers for the AGT on 19" wheels
- Highway 520
- City 512
- Average 516

For those 21" wheels
- Highway 472
- City 466
- Average 469

It is too bad that the EPA no longer publishes both City and Highway but here are the numbers for the AGT on 19" wheels
- Highway 520
- City 512
- Average 516

For those 21" wheels
- Highway 472
- City 466
- Average 469
Thanks!

Yeah there's absolutely no chance in hell I can get 466 out of my car in San Diego 😂

In the city it averages 2.6. Only when I get on the highway does it creep back up to 3.

Tbh I really don't mind the range the car offers. But the EPA has to do a better job.

Thanks!

Yeah there's absolutely no chance in hell I can get 466 out of my car in San Diego 😂

In the city it averages 2.6. Only when I get on the highway does it creep back up to 3.

Tbh I really don't mind the range the car offers. But the EPA has to do a better job.
EPA testing must be in somewhere desolated places. There is no way in San Diego or Houston any driver can sustain 35 mph constantly without stuck in traffic.

EPA testing must be in somewhere desolated places. There is no way in San Diego or Houston any driver can sustain 35 mph constantly without stuck in traffic.

It sure seems that way. But I’ve lived here thirty-five years and we’re not LA. Yet. You just have to know when to drive in San Diego. Generally, any time after 0930 hrs and before 1430 hours, you’re pretty sure of being able to drive around at freeway speeds. I have noticed that that window of time is narrower than it was say twenty years ago.

For a few years while the widening of the 5 was going on, traffic was pretty treacherous at any time of day, heading north towards Encinitas. Now, it’s relatively free flowing up there.

Thanks!

Interesting. I did a round trip drive from Chula Vista to downtown LA a few weeks ago. First time since I took delivery that I reached 3.5 miles on that 270 mile round trip. I was pretty chuffed to see that. Freeway traffic was pretty light until the return leg from Los Angeles on a Friday mid-morning, before a long holiday weekend.

Previous to this drive I’d done only one other round trip on the freeway from Chula Vista to Costa Mesa. Otherwise most of my driving has been anywhere and everywhere in SD County south of the 8. And I’m your typical $hitty Asian driver with a serious leadfoot too.

Attachments

• E05AFF79-66F7-414E-BE95-F2A44B601FF3.jpeg
    E05AFF79-66F7-414E-BE95-F2A44B601FF3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
View attachment 6988View attachment 6989
20-32 degrees temperature the whole drive, averaging 3 - 3.5
Was 3.8 in DC, but as I started heading west, it has gotten lower as it has been colder and more mountainous.

So right now in this cold winter, I'm averaging 70-82 percent efficiency
I'm home finally and really decided on the last stretch to see how high I can get. It was 24 degrees which didn't help. But if you truly try, I think it's definitely achievable

IMG_20221123_235018.jpg

Sorry for the shaky camera, didn't realize it was blurry until I was home and charging.

4.1 over 42 miles.
Im on 19"

As others have reported, bad weather and adverse conditions seem to have a more pronounced impact on the Lucid than my Tesla. Not a surprise I supposed based on the efficiency, which I noted above.

Had a drive along a familiar stretch of highway. 50 degrees, raining, with wind. Also had 3 (small) passengers on board instead of just me. Did my usual average of 75 with stretches at 70 and some at 80.

Only got 2.8 mi/kwh which is dramatically worse than 3.5-3.7 I've been getting. I'll try a more controlled test next time but as many have noted, these additional drains on the battery have a big effect on range.

I'm home finally and really decided on the last stretch to see how high I can get. It was 24 degrees which didn't help. But if you truly try, I think it's definitely achievable

View attachment 7037

Sorry for the shaky camera, didn't realize it was blurry until I was home and charging.

4.1 over 42 miles.
Im on 19"
That is still better than 21” in mostly 82F for 19” at 24F.

Thanks!

What most people don’t realize is that San Diego is actually quite hilly. You’re always going up or down. This is why despite my best effort to feather the throttle, my best range so far is 3.2. And that’s painful for me, when I drive the way I want to it’s more like 3.0.

What most people don’t realize is that San Diego is actually quite hilly. You’re always going up or down. This is why despite my best effort to feather the throttle, my best range so far is 3.2. And that’s painful for me, when I drive the way I want to it’s more like 3.0.
From my tests on the road, it's definitely more about the speed than it is about feathering
And what I mean is that of course the faster you accelerate off the line make a a huge difference, I just mean in general when you're on a highway, speed all the way for highway driving. Plus adaptive cruise control helped a lot

Back