How effective is your air conditioner?

Thanks but I am not sure I am following. If it cooled off quickly why did the AC have trouble on the way home? I would think that once it cooled down, it would be easier for the AC to maintain a comfort level.
It cooled down from very hot to not as hot. I had the A/C set on 71 but it never got that cool, or at least didn't feel 71.

It cooled down from very hot to not as hot. I had the A/C set on 71 but it never got that cool, or at least didn't feel 71.
Is 71 degrees the lowest temperature setting? All my Fords, Cadillacs and MB’s go to 60 degrees….

Ouch. Not a good sign for Arizona. I do plan on tinting my car, however. I hope that makes a significant difference. I also always put a screen up in front of my windshield if I am going to be parked outside for any length of time. I keep my AC set at 69 (both sides) and my BMW has no problem maintaining that.

Is 71 degrees the lowest temperature setting? All my Fords, Cadillacs and MB’s go to 60 degrees….
I tried lower setting, didn't make a difference. It wasn't hot inside but wasn't cold either.

I have mine set at 60 and it works great...it actually goes to 59.

You guys can all do an AC test. All your cars will be parked in the same conditions, just use your mobile apps and all start cooling at the same time and set it for like 60 degrees. And then see who wins!

You guys can all do an AC test. All your cars will be parked in the same conditions, just use your mobile apps and all start cooling at the same time and set it for like 60 degrees. And then see who wins!
Great idea, if they can all park next to one another, same or no shade for all.

I have mine set at 60 and it works great...it actually goes to 59.
Yeah, when I picked mine up yesterday (93 degrees) at Millbrae, Christopher had set the A/C to 59 with fan 10 few minutes earlier. It was very cold. I quickly reset it to 70 and Auto Sync (front only rear off) and then drove the 40 miles home with perfect temp interior.

I posted this somewhere else but a test drive I had in Chicago was totally comfortable. It was 100 out with a "feels like" of 108 or so in a hot parking lot.

My trip from Dallas to Daytona to Greenville SC was almost all over 90 and fair amount of 95+. The AC had no problem keeping the car comfortable. I had it set to 72 and going 85mph 2.9-3.0 miles per kWh.

My AC has generally worked well, but we don't get super hot here. I think the hottest it's been in the past week is around 80. That sun sure is strong though, regardless of air temperature.

Do you have a picture of your car with the 20%?
If you're coming to the breakfast tomorrow, you can check out mine.

The Chicago service center picked up the car Wednesday. They are great to work with and brought me a Model Y.

Again, they said it was functioning as designed and sent me a thermal picture of 51F air coming from the vent. However, he confirmed with the porter that it wasn’t working well for the drive.

They have a new diagnostic procedure they are going to try today.

I wonder if they are testing indoors and not subjecting it to the heat. I’d love to set a few outside and have a race.

I had service out yesterday to replace a trim piece, see why I am losing ~20miles a night after charge, and check AC levels. There was no codes on the BMS for the battery loss. Said it could be due to the Tilt & shock I keep getting during charging and wakes car up. ( mentioned this issue they are noticing is tied to hot climate areas mainly us in AZ) Also, the heat out here in AZ even in the garage at night. Said it should be more like 3-5miles of loss. So I think the BMS is just very conservative and having the battery temps extra protected. As for AC same thing ran it at full tilt and was get 9.8mph air speed from vents out of 10. Again direct sunlight in AZ tinted or not, heats the interior up drastically over even being in say a covered parking garage thats 110.

So all in all nothing that can be really "fixed" at this time. Tech said it is the first summer this car has been out and we are in the extreme of AZ. So can only hope for further updates. In the meantime made a makeshift sun shade for windshield and over head while parked and that helps some with surface temp. As long as app works to precondition the car its manageable in my experience. Once car is cooled its very comfortable but those first 10-15 mins its not fun.

This is a great idea. And can see if different tint levels have any effect. If anyone wants to do this in San Diego, I’m down!

Well we have our second Bay Area Lucid "fun" ride tomorrow morning. We'll be heading over to the coast for "brunch" with five Lucids. However, the temp over there will not be that high so not a good test for the air conditioning.

Back