How effective is your air conditioner?

106 currently at my house. On my drive home, fan speed ranged from 5-7 and I was comfortable. I do have full tint, and as of today windshield tint - thanks @hydbob for forcing me to do it!

Looks like I may have to swing for full tint. Which kind did you get? 5 does not even register in my Car, or so I say.

I have XPEL Prime XR+ ceramic at 20% all around and 70% on the windshield
Same thing minus the windshield tint. Was worried that 20% might be too dark, but it's been great. Was doing fine with the AZ heat in April/May before I got mine done, but the tint has really done a nice job keeping temps down.

I have been and continue to be concerned about this. I have always tinted my cars and fully expect to do so with a Pure. I just want to be confident that it can handle being parked outside in the summer heat in greater Phoenix for 5 or 6 hours (i.e., at a golf course; it is garaged at home).

I have been and continue to be concerned about this. I have always tinted my cars and fully expect to do so with a Pure. I just want to be confident that it can handle being parked outside in the summer heat in greater Phoenix for 5 or 6 hours (i.e., at a golf course; it is garaged at home).
I don’t live in Phoenix, and rarely see the temps that you see, but I have regularly been in the 90s lately and up to 106 yesterday; tinted all around and A/C no where close to full and was completely fine. My car is parked outside for 8 hours a day while I’m out working, and garaged at home. Again, not Phoenix, and not multiple days on end over 100, but my small sample has made me happy thus far.

We were in bright sunshine for much of our recent road trip and saw 108 degrees on one leg through South Carolina. Our car has no aftermarket glass tinting, and we were perfectly comfortable.

Even sitting at an EA charging station in Columbia, SC in 103-degree heat, the A/C kept the car comfortable. However, with no air flow over the glass canopy, it did get hot to the touch while sitting, and that required us to crank the fan speed up a bit to stay comfortable.

Back home in south Florida, where the temperatures tend to stay in the 90's this time of year, we have no problem at all keeping the car comfortable, rain or shine. I've had a couple of long stints sitting in cell phone lots at the airport in bright sunshine and have stayed perfectly comfortable without having to touch the A/C controls.

Hey guys... really having troubles deciding what tint level to apply to my windows. I know the windshield would be 70... however, I have tinted my Volvo on all windows (excluding windshield). I have troubles with viewing through my side window at night and did not want that issue with this car. My only concern is my dislike for the sun shining on my arms etc on long drives.
Will a 35 be the "perfect blend"? Any insight would be appreciated.

35 will work fine. I had darker on my SL550 and had to have it replaced. At night I had to roll down the windows to see traffic at stop signs.

I put 70 on my front just the like the windshield, 50 on the back and top.

There are legal standards for front windows and they vary from state to state. 35 seems to be a common number, and I would factor in the factory tint also.
Darker tints can be problematic for car inspection.

I have had a DE for about 3 months in the Chicago area.

The air conditioner is pretty lack luster. It does blow cool air, but not very strongly. The car takes 10+ minutes to cool down, if not longer.

It is to the point that I pretty much have to precool it using the app (and we know how well that works).

The car was towed to the Chicago service center to investigate. I was told that it is blowing cool air and working fine.

Is this consistent with everybody else's experience, or (hopefully) a problem with my car?
I have my entire car including the windshield tinted here in AZ. It takes my whole 20 min car ride to even get to like a 85-90 temp in my car. The air blows cold but samething, it only hits my hand at like 5" from the vent. No where near your face. So my face is always beat red and very warm while driving this car. I have done the recirculation and defroster trick and thats just worse because then you have very little air blowing on you. But leaving in the morning when parked in garage its fine. It is just when sitting in the heat. So I just got 2 sun shades and modified them to fit for now until weather tech or others have one. I did over top of front seats and windshield. We will see if it helps. I have mobile service coming out for that and a charging issue I am having with this tilt & shock sensor too.

Went out today and the car was in the sun for 3+ hours. Got in and outside temp was 104 and car was hot. A/C did a got job of cooling at first, and seat air flow helped a little, but it was struggling during the 45 min trip home. I have light tint on the back windows only.

My Navigator has heated and cooled seats and they seen to be much more effective when it really hot.

No but the interior cooled off rather quickly. The A/C just seemed to max out on the way home.

It was over 100 degrees here in Houston but will be worse in August.

No but the interior cooled off rather quickly. The A/C just seemed to max out on the way home.
Thanks but I am not sure I am following. If it cooled off quickly why did the AC have trouble on the way home? I would think that once it cooled down, it would be easier for the AC to maintain a comfort level.

Back