Hot tip for iphone key and washing your car

PaulM

Cars
Lucid Air GT quantum gray
For those of you using your phone as a key, and wanting to wash your car or perhaps you’re just coming in close proximity to your car, but didn’t want to do anything with your Lucid air, I recognized an easy way to keep your phone from constantly unlocking your door. Go into settings and scroll down until you get to your Lucid app settings and turn off Bluetooth just in Lucid app settings. Now you can continue to use the Lucid app itself to lock or unlock the car but you won’t automatically keep doing it just by having your phone nearby, obviously you want to turn the Bluetooth back on in the app settings to use your phone as a key again. This is of course much better than going into airplane mode or turning off your Bluetooth altogether since you can continue to use your other devices. I’m sure this is obvious to most people but having just washed our beautiful car for the first time I realized I didn’t want the doors to keep unlocking while I’m washing it for two hours.

I just leave my phone in the car so it stays unlocked the whole time, allowing me to wash the door handles appropriately. I think it times out after 30 minutes, so I'll occasionally open a door when I'm doing a waterless wash. Otherwise, a push of the handle will unlock them when I'm drying after a normal wash.

For those of you using your phone as a key, and wanting to wash your car or perhaps you’re just coming in close proximity to your car, but didn’t want to do anything with your Lucid air, I recognized an easy way to keep your phone from constantly unlocking your door. Go into settings and scroll down until you get to your Lucid app settings and turn off Bluetooth just in Lucid app settings. Now you can continue to use the Lucid app itself to lock or unlock the car but you won’t automatically keep doing it just by having your phone nearby, obviously you want to turn the Bluetooth back on in the app settings to use your phone as a key again. This is of course much better than going into airplane mode or turning off your Bluetooth altogether since you can continue to use your other devices. I’m sure this is obvious to most people but having just washed our beautiful car for the first time I realized I didn’t want the doors to keep unlocking while I’m washing it for two hours.
Or just temporarily turn Bluetooth off on the entire phone in the control center. This, of course, will eliminate the possibility of headphones or an external speaker if you enjoy music while washing.

I changed Location Services for the Lucid app to "While Using the App" rather than "Always" and then close the app. The car ignores the phone until I turn the app back on.

Helpful tip.
Bedroom is close enough to garage, that my phone connects to the car throughout the night. I wake up with about 10-15 “charging started” / “charging completed” notifications in the morning…not exaggerating.

Was about to start leaving phone in another room each night. But I’ll now instead just turn off bluetooth for the app each evening.

Helpful tip.
Bedroom is close enough to garage, that my phone connects to the car throughout the night. I wake up with about 10-15 “charging started” / “charging completed” notifications in the morning…not exaggerating.

Was about to start leaving phone in another room each night. But I’ll now instead just turn off bluetooth for the app each evening.
I haven’t played with it yet, but maybe create an automated routine for it, like a Siri Shortcut or something.

I haven’t played with it yet, but maybe create an automated routine for it, like a Siri Shortcut or something.
You can turn off those notifications in the Lucid app under Settings -> Push Notifications.

You can turn off those notifications in the Lucid app under Settings -> Push Notifications.
Yes, but I think his concern stems from the battery drain from the constant waking of the car as well.

Helpful tip.

Buy a small pouch that has signal blocking interior on Amazon Very cheap and blocks the signal from your key fob

Dumb question . . . so wouldn't the "phone as a key" issue only occur if you have the ap open on your phone ? In other words, by simply not having the ap open, would that not stop it from unlocking and locking the doors ?

Dumb question . . . so wouldn't the "phone as a key" issue only occur if you have the ap open on your phone ? In other words, by simply not having the ap open, would that not stop it from unlocking and locking the doors ?
Not on iOS. The app does not need to be open in order to talk to the car over Bluetooth. That's the entire point. To be able to just walk up to the car and have it open without having to take your phone out of your pocket.

No. There is a very thorough explanation of this in the FAQ section of www.lucidupdates.com.

Helpful tip.

This has nothing to do with bluetooth. This has to do with notifications that are separately set up on your iPhone.

Back