Home Assistant Automations

I installed two Konnected Blaq GDO controllers, linked them to Alexa, and now I can close my garage doors from inside the car while in reverse, like a pro!

I guess I could have also just taped one of our extra remotes to the sun visor, but this was more complicated and expensive, so I went for it.
Alexa does not work with myGDO Black. The device itself works fine through the Konnected app but the Alexa voice command does nothing. Alexa says Opening, Hang On (or Closing, Hang On) but nothing happens. Garage Door does not move. Konnected Cust Support does not have any clue nor any resolution. So this is pretty much useless for me, don’t need another app to control my garage door, I already have the MyQ app for that.

Alexa does not work with myGDO Black. The device itself works fine through the Konnected app but the Alexa voice command does nothing. Alexa says Opening, Hang On (or Closing, Hang On) but nothing happens. Garage Door does not move. Konnected Cust Support does not have any clue nor any resolution. So this is pretty much useless for me, don’t need another app to control my garage door, I already have the MyQ app for that.
Hmm. I remember having to enable Konnected Cloud in the GDO's firmware via the Konnected app, building a new firmware load, and installing it on the GDO. Then I added the Konnected skill to Alexa via Alexa's phone app and signed it in to my Konnected account. I think that was it. Might be worth updating the firmware on your GDO Blaq. There have been several releases lately but the phone app doesn't know it.

I've found Alexa voice control of my garage door from within the car while backing out of my garage to be easier than stopping the car, putting it in park, tapping the screen a few times, and putting it back in reverse. It's also safer when arriving home, as I don't have to take my eyes off what's ahead to find and tap the correct Homelink screen button as it pops up.

On my other EV I can just find the Homelink button on the bottom of the rearview mirror by feel without looking away. It's always there and always works.

Hmm. I remember having to enable Konnected Cloud in the GDO's firmware via the Konnected app, building a new firmware load, and installing it on the GDO. Then I added the Konnected skill to Alexa via Alexa's phone app and signed it in to my Konnected account. I think that was it. Might be worth updating the firmware on your GDO Blaq. There have been several releases lately but the phone app doesn't know it.

I've found Alexa voice control of my garage door from within the car while backing out of my garage to be easier than stopping the car, putting it in park, tapping the screen a few times, and putting it back in reverse. It's also safer when arriving home, as I don't have to take my eyes off what's ahead to find and tap the correct Homelink screen button as it pops up.

On my other EV I can just find the Homelink button on the bottom of the rearview mirror by feel without looking away. It's always there and always works.
I agree, it would be great if it worked. My frustration with Homelink when reversing is the same. But this is not the solution. I have the latest GDO firmware, and it is linked as an Alexa skill. The voice commands just do big work.

I agree, it would be great if it worked. My frustration with Homelink when reversing is the same. But this is not the solution. I have the latest GDO firmware, and it is linked as an Alexa skill. The voice commands just do big work.
*do NOT work

I programmed my garage doors with the Lucid Homelink feature and it works perfect every time. Yes, it is a bit of a pain to back up all the way out of the drive way, put the car in drive, remove the front camera from the screen, and then press the homelink button. But it works every time.

Yes it works fine. But the 3-step process to close the door when in reverse is a poor design. Not a major problem but it’s an annoyance all the same.

Update. Just got my GDO Blac to work with Alexa. There was a setting on the app that was not mentioned in their instructions, once I did that everything fell in place. Now I can open/close the door with an Alexa voice command.

...Just got my GDO Blac to work with Alexa...Now I can open/close the door with an Alexa voice command.
Great! It was a real relief for me once I got this working. Less daily frustration with the car.

Reactions: MRU
I am writing to give kudos to Borski and nshp for this fantastic HA integration. The array of info and functionality available through the integration is outstanding. I attach a screen shot of my charging dashboard (and some doors) but this is for manual control and an info dashboard. It is the automation of charging that makes this awesome for me - so much better than what Lucid provides. The car gets better battery efficiency if charged for 20 minutes or so before driving - gets the batteries up to temperature, I guess. So, an automation sets the charging limit to 75% when the car leaves home. When the car comes home, it gets connected to the charger. Another automation sets the charging limit to 80% about 20 minutes before I leave for work. I also have scripts called by Alexa for on demand charging to 75%, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95% and 100% - "Alexa, charge the car to 80%." This allows a top up charge whenever needed and also voice control of SOC for ad hoc driving.

I looked for a link to buy you all a coffee or the like. It either isn't there or I am missing it. In the meantime, I am grateful to both of you for this contribution to the community.

Attachments

• 2024-08-24_08-50-59.webp
    2024-08-24_08-50-59.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 67
DITTO!! Great job to the developers 👏

I'm having run with custom:tabbed-card (for the two vehicles) and custom:button-card (to create reusable templates)
No Actions as of yet, but tapping "Charging" shows the rate of charge history which is very interesting.

1724772708681.webp

Thanks for the love, folks. @segbrk deserves a lot of the credit; it had been on my todo list for many months, and it wasn't until @segbrk started reversing the API that I was like "OH NO BROTHER, I AM CLIMBING THAT SUMMIT WITH YOU" :P

(I'm an extrovert and it's more fun to build with other people :P)

DITTO!! Great job to the developers 👏

I'm having run with custom:tabbed-card (for the two vehicles) and custom:button-card (to create reusable templates)
No Actions as of yet, but tapping "Charging" shows the rate of charge history which is very interesting.

View attachment 22919
Hey, that's super neat! Can you post the lovelace config for that card?

I wrote some Pyscript to email me a basic trip report every time I park the car. To use it, you need to install @borski's Lucid integration and Pyscript. Put the contents of the gist into a file in your pyscript/ directory, edit the two config variables at the top, and you should be good to go. I attached a screenshot of what it gave for my most recent drive; I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are for short trips.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 17.07.13.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 17.07.13.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 30
Back