Home Assistant Automations

The main reason I've shied away from HA is the potential for hacking....especially if it will be controlling my garage doors. Are my fears overblown, or what can be done to mitigate this? I'd love to be able to have the garage doors open as I'm arriving without my having to push a button.
Put your access behind a VPN, always.

Otherwise everything in your home is individually just as hackable IoT wise.

HA is locally ran/driven. Your risk to security is how much you expose externally.

Once someone has physical access to your local network, it’s always downhill from there.

Put your access behind a VPN, always.

Otherwise everything in your home is individually just as hackable IoT wise.

HA is locally ran/driven. Your risk to security is how much you expose externally.

Once someone has physical access to your local network, it’s always downhill from there.
This is the right answer. IoT devices should also be on their own vlan, but if you don't know what that is, the VPN access should get you by just fine.

Hey all, for those who don’t know, @segbrk and I reversed the Lucid Motors mobile API, and you can find the Python bindings for that here: https://github.com/nshp/python-lucidmotors
Thanks for this contribution. It works great.

I'm an HA newbie. Where can I adjust the update rate? It looks like some folks are getting pretty frequent server updates in order to make those nice charging graphs.

I understand that leaving update at a fast rate all the time might be abusive of the Lucid servers, so I don't think I'd do that. But sometimes you just need more granularity.

Thanks for this contribution. It works great.

I'm an HA newbie. Where can I adjust the update rate? It looks like some folks are getting pretty frequent server updates in order to make those nice charging graphs.

I understand that leaving update at a fast rate all the time might be abusive of the Lucid servers, so I don't think I'd do that. But sometimes you just need more granularity.
The update rate isn't user-configurable right now. It updates every 30 seconds while the car is asleep, or every 15 seconds while awake. Is that not what you're seeing?

Quick question perhaps is simple and I have overlooked it. Is there a way to tell via the API or within HA how much kWh was provided to the car.

Thanks in advance,

Quick question perhaps is simple and I have overlooked it. Is there a way to tell via the API or within HA how much kWh was provided to the car.

Thanks in advance,
Yes, for your last charge it's the "chargeSessionKwh" field, or "Charge session power" in Home Assistant.

The forum is giving me trouble with finishing that middle paragraph for some reason. Chopped it off right in the middle. Let's try this again:

The first file there is my dashboard. You can add this via the HA UI - go to settings, dashboards, add. Switch to your new dashboard, hit the edit (pencil) icon at the top, then the three dots menu, then "raw configuration editor". Paste the whole content of lucid-dashboard.yml into there and hit save. This requires the HA extension "card-mod" from HACS for some dynamic styling tricks. It also requires some images which can be found here. Unzip that directly into your HA config directory. You may have to restart HA to get it to see these new files.
I go the HA Green device and installed the Lucid integration to it. I'm not setting up my dashboard using your config files. Where is the HA config directory into which I need to download these images?

I can't wait to see what kind of functionality I can do with this!

I got a ratgdo so will be setting that up as soon as I have the integration all squared away.

I go the HA Green device and installed the Lucid integration to it. I'm not setting up my dashboard using your config files. Where is the HA config directory into which I need to download these images?

I can't wait to see what kind of functionality I can do with this!

I got a ratgdo so will be setting that up as soon as I have the integration all squared away.
Sorry, missed the question here. The HA config directory is "/homeassistant/" on the HA Green, right next to your "configuration.yaml". You can upload files there using the Samba file share extension.

Hats off to @borski and @segbrk for their excellent work in developing the integration! Thank you!

This was my first foray into HA but I was able to somewhat configure it so that my garage door opens and closes as I drive to and from my house. For those interested in also setting this up, I thought I'd share what steps I took to get it up and running:
  1. Buy and install Home Assistant Green.
  2. Get the below add-on's for HA (from left sidebar in HA, click Settings -> Add-ons -> Add-On Store):
    1. Terminal & SSH. You'll use this to get into HA and unzip @segbrk's HA config file.
    2. Samba Share. Used this to map a network drive on my computer (step 4 below).
      1. After installation, go into the Configuration menu (Settings -> Add-ons -> Samba Share -> Configuration menu at the top). Under "Veto Files", remove the selection that says "icon?" Turns out when I was trying to unzip the config file (ha_lucid_resources) from @segbrk, this selection was preventing the "icon" directory from being extracted.
    3. File editor. You can use this to edit .yaml files.
  3. Turn on Advance Mode in HA: Go to your profile and enable Advanced Mode. This will allow you to reload your configuration changes without rebooting HA Green. You can reload your config file or reboot HA Green by going to Left sidebar -> Developer Tools -> Restart.
  4. I'm on Windows, so using Samba I mapped a network drive to Home Assistant: \\homeassistant\config (in my case drive letter H).
  5. I copied @segbrk's ha_lucid_resources.zip file to the network drive H:. When I unzipped it, it created a directory structure like so: \config\ha_lucid_resources\www\lucid". The lucid directory needs to be here: \config\www\lucid. So I had to move all the files up one level.
  6. Buy ratgdo. I received version 2.53 so used this wiring diagram. Contrary to what I thought by looking at the diagram, you don't need to wire to the wall control.
  7. To set up the automation to have the garage door open and close automatically, just create an automation within HA: Settings -> Automations & Scenes. The default radius for Home is 100 meters. I set it to 50 by going to Developer tools -> States -> scroll down to zone.home. Select it and then go to the top of the page. You should see zone.home under "Set state". In the "State attributes" box change the radius to what you want.
Hope this helps.

I've been using the automated garage door detection with ratgdo for a couple weeks now. I like the garage door to open / close when I'm a certain distance from my house. I've set the zones in HA but the garage door doesn't open/close at the same distance. Sometimes I have to wait while I'm down the street for the garage door to start closing. Is this because the update rate is only every 15 secs? Any way to get more consistency?

I also have my neighborhood gate opener programmed into the car. Is there a way for me to use HA to have the Lucid automatically open the gate as I enter the neighborhood?

You could expose the RATGDO to homekit and use the native ios home to do such via automation, if you have IOS environment.

Now in HA or IOS you could do a timer
functionality that forces the refresh, I need to play with it, but for security reasons I removed such, perhaps am paranoid and don’t want the garage just to open if am near by

This was pretty handy on a long trip:
IMG_0555.webp

Activated by pressing the microphone button on the steering wheel and asking "what's my range?" it audibly responds with the miles remaining based on the past 15 minutes of driving. No math, inputs, or thinking required.

Hi Everyone! Very happy that i stumbled across this forum. I've been reading some of the comments and they are very very close to what I want to do with my home automation but not quite. I've also been doing some Google-fu and I think what I want to do is possible but still not certain. Anyway, here it is:

I too have experienced the Lucid UI Homelink snafu when backing out of the garage. Open the door, back out, can't press close door because the rear camera screen has "covered up" the homelink button, stop, put the car in park, press the homelink button, put the car in reverse and carry on. While certainly a first world problem, still its a daily annoyance.

What I would like to do while Lucid figures this out is say "Alexa close my garage door" and by the magic of the internet it closes. I have a MyQ "smart" system and I can close it via the app but that means finding my phone, opening up the app, and then pressing the button ..... Again first world problem I get it :)

Is there a device I could add that is somewhat simple in form and function that pairs with Alexa as a smarthome device that I could control with Alexa in the car to say "Alexa close my garage door"?

Hi Everyone! Very happy that i stumbled across this forum. I've been reading some of the comments and they are very very close to what I want to do with my home automation but not quite. I've also been doing some Google-fu and I think what I want to do is possible but still not certain. Anyway, here it is:

I too have experienced the Lucid UI Homelink snafu when backing out of the garage. Open the door, back out, can't press close door because the rear camera screen has "covered up" the homelink button, stop, put the car in park, press the homelink button, put the car in reverse and carry on. While certainly a first world problem, still its a daily annoyance.

What I would like to do while Lucid figures this out is say "Alexa close my garage door" and by the magic of the internet it closes. I have a MyQ "smart" system and I can close it via the app but that means finding my phone, opening up the app, and then pressing the button ..... Again first world problem I get it :)

Is there a device I could add that is somewhat simple in form and function that pairs with Alexa as a smarthome device that I could control with Alexa in the car to say "Alexa close my garage door"?
The four best options:
1. ratgdo
2. Meross
3. Konnected blaQ
4. Tailwind

Is it possible to change the lock mode through the API? Then I could have an automation that has the car never lock itself when at home, but go back to passive locking when away.

I installed two Konnected Blaq GDO controllers, linked them to Alexa, and now I can close my garage doors from inside the car while in reverse, like a pro!

I guess I could have also just taped one of our extra remotes to the sun visor, but this was more complicated and expensive, so I went for it.

Last edited:
I installed two Konnected Blaq GDO controllers, linked them to Alexa, and now I can close my garage doors from inside the car while in reverse, like a pro!

I guess I could have also just taped one of our extra remotes to the sun visor, but this was more complicated and expensive, so I went for it.

And more fun!

Been playing around with Home Assistant and installed this Lucid Integration. It's really cool and I commend you guys for tackling the project 🥳 I'm very interested in viewing the "charging rate" curve when I go to Electrify America. "Battery health level" is also interesting

I am curious though about the value of "Battery capacity" as it is telling me I have 85kWh on my Touring, which I had thought was 92kWh. We also have a Pure, so I added it to Home Assistant, it it also says 85kWh.

Is this the correct behaviour?

Thanks! /keith

1719858616726.webp

We have reason to believe that any stats offered by the Lucid API surrounding battery health, capacity, etc. are to be taken with a grain of salt. They are not necessarily reflective of the actual battery state, but rather some sort of math that is not necessarily done correctly.

Back