Hey, Lucid! How about an OTA Update???

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
Wow! With the exception of download process enhancements and minor updates to CarPlay, call audio and that ?? turn signal feature, there has not been a meaningful release since 11/14/23. Wassup???

Wow! With the exception of download process enhancements and minor updates to CarPlay, call audio and that ?? turn signal feature, there has not been a meaningful release since 11/14/23. Wassup???
They overhauled their OTA system, pretty important for future stuff IMO. But I sense there is an update coming soon.

They overhauled their OTA system, pretty important for future stuff IMO. But I sense there is an update coming soon.
Oh, for sure. I didn't mean to minimize the importance of that. It's just that I've turned into an OTA 'junkie'! :)

Yeah, feels like forever...but at least they improved the highway assist in the interim, that was a biggie for me

My guess is that they are working on the Gravity software and consider the Air software "stable", even if it is missing features. We will have to wait until the Gravity software is released.

Just my speculation.

My guess is that they are working on the Gravity software and consider the Air software "stable", even if it is missing features. We will have to wait until the Gravity software is released.

Just my speculation.
We will be getting a minimum of at least 1 more update =) Guaranteed!

We will be getting a minimum of at least 1 more update =) Guaranteed!
We need a lot more than one update, unless it is a really big one!

Am I the only one who feels that the update of updates may have really been as Seinfeld might call it, “an update about nothing”? Lucid never specifically said what it did and I wonder if it was a smart way for Lucid to do a few minor things and buy some time, while they work on Gravity. The whole update at once or be damned forever was heavy handed and definitely made me feel that something big was coming imminently, but it’s been months and it’s been nothing but goose eggs.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if @hydbob and the other beta testers either have the next update or know about it, but I do think that might have been a pretty slick tactic to buy some time.

Ok, feel free to throw tomatoes at me now.

I just got my car back from service and one of the issues I have is with my surround view cameras boot sequence glitch. The tech working on my car told me they are aware of this problem and a planned software update on February will address this. He was pretty adamant that there is a Feb OTA update.

We’re still waiting on the update that warns folks who experience the HVAC / defrost issue. So there will definitely be an OTA in the coming weeks.

These things take time. It’s not like a phone app update. Every change to the system is a potential life and death situation. It needs to be thoroughly tested. I’d much rather they take their time and get it right than introduce a host of new bugs.

Oh, for sure. I didn't mean to minimize the importance of that. It's just that I've turned into an OTA 'junkie'! :)
OTAs for grown-up toys are always the best!

Just my speculation.
A lot of things that are missing or need improvement with the software will need to be included with the Gravity anyway. The Gravity will have some features that don't and probably never will exist in the Air, but it makes sense to reuse as much of the underlying code as possible, even if the way that the interface displays it is different. It's very expensive coming up with the software for the Air and distributing the costs among a few thousand cars. It's a lot cheaper distributing them across the Air and Gravity, and drops substantially on a per vehicle basis as volume increases.

Undoubtedly, there will be software developers dedicated to the Gravity, but when they need to integrate something that is functionally equivalent on multiple models, the team or team members who work on those parts, that are called by the software specific to each car, should be one that's not doing things specific to a given model.

I just got my car back from service and one of the issues I have is with my surround view cameras boot sequence glitch. The tech working on my car told me they are aware of this problem and a planned software update on February will address this. He was pretty adamant that there is a Feb OTA update.
I’m pretty sure the tech was wrong….

I’m pretty sure the tech was wrong….
Even if the service advisor was to guess there's probably a >50% chance there will be an update during the month of Feb. So he's probably right, but he probably also is just guessing

Last edited:
Even if you were to guess there's probably a >50% chance there will be an update during the month of Feb. So he's probably right, but he probably also is just guessing
I think he meant that the software team was fixing this specific issue. Not that there wouldn’t be a release in Feb.

And, pro tip: he would know.

I think he meant that the software team was fixing this specific issue. Not that there wouldn’t be a release in Feb.

And, pro tip: he would know.

This is the part I was referring too VV and you think the service advisor would know before the software team had released an update?
He was pretty adamant that there is a Feb OTA update.

My service advisor tried to BS me into thinking my mic issues would be solved in 2.1.47 and then 2.1.50 and neither came true, so i'm not really convinced they know much

This is the part I was referring too VV and you think the service advisor would know before the software team had released an update?

My service advisor tried to BS me into thinking my mic issues would be solved in 2.1.47 and then 2.1.50 and neither came true, so i'm not really convinced they know much
I think we may have gotten our “he”s crossed. If you meant “he” as the service advisor, then I am mistaken. I thought you meant “he” as in GoFast. That’s the “he” I meant.

Back