Heat Climate Temperatures Influencing Performance

DTA

Cars
AGT
There have been a variety of discussions centered around the Airs' performance in different temperature climates. However many, if not all, of them raise awareness of the Airs' performance in cold temperatures. During the summer months of 2022 there were few deliveries in and/or around the Southwestern (AZ, NV, & NM) or Southern (TX, TN, MS, GA, etc.) areas of the country. Therefore it stands the reason that few concerns were raised of the Airs' performance in areas of the country where high heat temperatures may influence the performance of both internal and external characteristics of the car. This thread is intended to provide awareness of [eye-brow] raising instances owners experience when siting functionality, performance, and control influences caused by [high] heat temperatures during the summer months. Please share any/all concerns of functionality or performance believed to be a direct cause of temperatures in excess of 100 degrees.

By creating the thread and as a resident of AZ I will raise awareness to concerns that caused me to call LUCID for assistance during a couple high heat days that caused my GT to perform peculiar.
The temps have been [approx] 113+ degrees outside and, at times, parked in shaded areas (i.e., parking structures, etc.). The following has occurred:

1.) Loss of connection to the mobile app to turn on the AC - the car will show as "offline" where during lower temps in the same location connectivity was not an issue
2.) The media and center console monitors would not turn on and the car appeared to have awoke in the general profile [vs. my personal profile]

When the second instance occurred I was on the phone with the LUCID Rep and my GT was setting in my garage. She had me step outside of the car to have it recycle (i.e., lock itself and awake after two minutes - and this worked). Needless to say I am [now] considering an investment to expand the AC into my garage as the summer temps are only going to increase through early August and my concern is, how will charging my GT in the garage during the higher temps influence it's general functionality?
I would appreciate any comments, feedback, thoughts any of you have experienced. Thanks!

By creating the thread and as a resident of AZ I will raise awareness to concerns that caused me to call LUCID for assistance during a couple high heat days that caused my GT to perform peculiar.
The temps have been [approx] 113+ degrees outside and, at times, parked in shaded areas (i.e., parking structures, etc.). The following has occurred:

1.) Loss of connection to the mobile app to turn on the AC - the car will show as "offline" where during lower temps in the same location connectivity was not an issue
2.) The media and center console monitors would not turn on and the car appeared to have awoke in the general profile [vs. my personal profile]

When the second instance occurred I was on the phone with the LUCID Rep and my GT was setting in my garage. She had me step outside of the car to have it recycle (i.e., lock itself and awake after two minutes - and this worked). Needless to say I am [now] considering an investment to expand the AC into my garage as the summer temps are only going to increase through early August and my concern is, how will charging my GT in the garage during the higher temps influence it's general functionality?
I would appreciate any comments, feedback, thoughts any of you have experienced. Thanks!
There was a very lengthy in depth discussion about cooling the garage.

Thread 'Cooling the garage?' https://lucidowners.com/threads/cooling-the-garage.1928/

This is not a new topic. All of your topics were discussed last year.

Last summer our cars were on 1.x software and many of the issues that I encountered last year have gone away. Last summer is did see more blank screens from the 1.x software after parking outside in the heat than at other times. So far this year I have not encountered any heat related issues when parking outside at work.

Please read the thread that @hydbob linked on garage cooling. The cars cool the batteries during level 2 charging when your garage is hot. Some form of ventilation is needed.

This is not a new topic. All of your topics were discussed last year.

Last summer our cars were on 1.x software and many of the issues that I encountered last year have gone away. Last summer is did see more blank screens from the 1.x software after parking outside in the heat than at other times. So far this year I have not encountered any heat related issues when parking outside at work.

Please read the thread that @hydbob linked on garage cooling. The cars cool the batteries during level 2 charging when your garage is hot. Some form of ventilation is needed.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate the perspective from those having experienced AZ summer temps vs feedback from owners in different areas of the country. Again, it is not to discount the experiences from other climates so much as it is to better understand how triple digit [dry] excessive heat influences the functionality of the Air. In addition, although the suggestion of expanding the AC to garage was made, the focus was on learning the out of the ordinary experiences due to the AZ heat.

Back